another tre question

tourbus

Registered
hi all, ive got another question, i bought a used 03 busa & noticed when i pull the clutch in (no throttle imput) the rpm's jump up about 100-150 rpms from the usual idle of 1050/1100. I popped the tank up & did a simple inspection,didnt see anything out of the ordinary but did notice the previous owner had installed an ivans tre, looks like the standard plug-in type. i know there is a method of checking to see if the tre is working properly by setting the bike at certain rpm & pulling in the clutch but not exactly sure how to do this procedure. could the tre cause the problem/annoyance i mentioned above or is there something im missing. 2003 model,tre,yosh rs3 race bolt-ons,stock air filter, 9100miles

in neutral and throttle around 2,500 RPM. pull the clutch in and the rpm's will drop.
this will not work on the smart tre

I tried the procedure and the rpm's did drop when i was holding throttle at 2500 rpm. so its working that way but if i pull clutch in to put it in 1st it revs up a little bit on its own. ive never had a bike do this.

wow what a difference that MY TRE MADE WHEN I TOOK IT OFF! now my busa starts and idles better, runs smoother, dosent run rich,and gets better gas milage. I started paying close attention to what johnycheese was saying & i said to myself, this guy is pretty serious about what he is saying about t.r.e.'s I give credit to him because he is right a t.r.e. is a bandaid if your bike is not running rite. i took mine off (mine was pre-installed) and it runs noticebley better (not h.p wise but better) i think in the end some busa's like the tre's some don't

now if you want the good stuff contact johnnycheese and buy a modified gps from him.

Back