TRE VS SMART TRE VS DIY TRE

scooterlord

Registered
hello guys...

what is the actual difference between and tre and smart tre?

is it actually that smart tre only fixes idle rpm increase (is this the difference? :/ )

btw i came across this link:

http://www.wardsweb.org/busa/hayabusa_mods_tre.html

..and i assume it refers to standard tre. anyone tried it?

will fuel consumption be a lot different than stock?

i also have a pc3 usb installed along with k&n filter, pair of yoshis and properly mapped. will it mess with my maps?

and if any difference is it worth it?
smile.gif
read several topics, and mixed feelings, bla bla, i WANT to do it, question is if results ARE noticeable
smile.gif

smile.gif

A standard TRE makes the bike think that the gears look like this:

5-5-5-5-5-5-5

A smart TRE makes the bike think that the gears look like this:

5-N-5-5-5-5-5

Some ppl say that it is not worth it. I have an Ivan's Smart TRE on mine. The low rpm rideability is better and it seems to have a little more umph on the low side.

JMHO

Don

btw, a friend of mine got a smart tre, got it installed and the 'fi' light stays on. is this supposed to happen?

(scooterlord @ Sep. 12 2006,04:08) btw, a friend of mine got a smart tre, got it installed and the 'fi' light stays on. is this supposed to happen?
Mine doesn't. The only time my FI light stayed on is when I forgot to plug a sensor back in after having the air box out of the bike.

Don

(scooterlord @ Sep. 12 2006,05:08) btw, a friend of mine got a smart tre, got it installed and the 'fi' light stays on. is this supposed to happen?
From what I hear, the FI light comes on when the TRE is plugged into the wrong location. If I remember correctly it plugs into the white plugs under the tank on the clutch-lever side of the bike... your buddy probably installed it via the brown plugs located under the tank.

Hello all,
I'm also having a similar problem with the FI light coming on. I have a 2000 Canadian edition and ordered the TRE after reading all about it hear. I was dissapointed when it arrived broken and returned it. However when I wrote a letter to acompany the return of the TRE to Checkered Flag Motorsports the office sent me a new one and upgraded it to a "smart" TRE. Today when I installed it I had the same FI light problem. I can't seem to see any other matching connectors on the clutch side of the bike under the tank?!? This may be an amature mistake, but please offer any help you have. CFM didn't have a trouble shoot page or FAQ section.

well, same goes for me, with the difference I ordered from the start the 'smart tre' from checkered flag motorsports for a friend of mine. I tried it both to his busa and mine and get the same problem: FI light stays on and hesitates to accelerate when you step on the gas. I already contacted cfm TWICE for replacement and still got no answer. he seemed like a nice guy, and although I read his feedback in ebay that he has trouble with delays sending items he seems to be quite reliable. I hope he replaces it and all goes well because my friend keeps busting my balls with the whole story.

..and yeah, i don't think you can do this wrong. it can only connect into 2 places, one exactly under the tank (a brown one which is toooootally wrong) and the other one on the clutch side of the bike. tested in 2 european hayabusas (one 01 model and one 05)

if anyone knows anyone from cfm, IS actually cfm (gee, that would be convenient) or has any other suggestions PLEASE let us know.

I got a standard TRE from checkered flag motorsports, installed it under left side of tank, white connector with pink wire, and made a big difference in lower RPM drivability and smoother shifts. No problems with FI light.

guys, I already sent the tre back for refund, the guys over there at cfm are really nice after all, but from what i remember.... pink wire? both busas i tried had white connector, but no pink wire, a red one. and i tried it in 2 busas (01 and 04 model). i don't think there are 2 white connectors one with pink wire and one with red and I was connecting it in the wrong place now, are they? :/

I'd be curious bout that one, too...
I'd like to kick any "artificial" limitations on the bike and that smart TRE sounds like one way to do it...

Back