ATRE vs Smart TRE

FAKK2

Registered
Which is better, and which will not mess with the idle map, as well as smooth out the 1st and 2nd gear issues @4K?

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095547319 -->

Good luck finding one in stock somewhere. The only resource I know of is below. I am sure there are more and someone can pop in with it. I am sure you will also get some posts flaming the amount of $ to be spent on an ATRE but who cares. I am not heat shrinking a .10 cent resisitor to my bike, I will pay the extra $ and get plug-n-play and some flexibility on adjustments.
smile.gif

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg5_5.htm

same here I am ok with paying for it and all I do not want my bike to look like a patch job thrown together. I rather pay to have it look cosmetically nice as well. It is about speed, performance and looks, and the enjoyment to ride it.

The ATRE and SmartTre do virtually the same thing with with the ATRE having the choice of which gears, 1-4, to have remapped to 5th. The SmartTre mapping all gears 1-4 to 5th. Both bypass at idle. I've only tried the SmartTre and it works as designed. I'm very happy with it.

The ATRE and SmartTre do virtually the same thing with with the ATRE having the choice of which gears, 1-4, to have remapped to 5th.  The SmartTre mapping all gears 1-4 to 5th.  Both bypass at idle.  I've only tried the SmartTre and it works as designed.  I'm very happy with it.
So SMART TRE remaps 1-4 with 5 and has no switches ect... Were AS ATRE has the switches and all and in a pretty box. So it is pretty much preference now? Their about the same price.

The ATRE and SmartTre do virtually the same thing with with the ATRE having the choice of which gears, 1-4, to have remapped to 5th.  The SmartTre mapping all gears 1-4 to 5th.  Both bypass at idle.  I've only tried the SmartTre and it works as designed.  I'm very happy with it.
So SMART TRE remaps 1-4 with 5 and has no switches ect... Were AS ATRE has the switches and all and in a pretty box. So it is pretty much preference now? Their about the same price.
Not really. The SmartTre is a nice unit. It plugs in with stock-like connectors and is all sealed up. It looks like a stock peice of equipment. If I had to do it again, I'd still go with the SmartTre because you just plug it in and forget about it. No programming or fussin' at all.

Not really.  The SmartTre is a nice unit.  It plugs in with stock-like connectors and is all sealed up.  It looks like a stock peice of equipment.  If I had to do it again, I'd still go with the SmartTre because you just plug it in and forget about it.  No programming or fussin' at all.
Sorry I think the ATRE looks better and if the features you describe are accurate the ATRE is also more flexible.

*Programmable - user selectable option of which gears to re-map (Re-Map 1st & 2nd / 1st, 2nd & 3rd / 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th / All Gears)
*Programmable - user selectable option of which map to use (choose between 4th gear, 5th gear and 6th gear map)
Overcomes the OEM speed limiter on 2001 Hayabusa's when set to 5th gear map
*Untouched neutral map results in a smooth idle and cooler motor temps than simple TRE's
*Visual Indicators - Power and Status
*Fail-Safe Mode - reverts to OEM settings
*Suzuki OEM connectors - no cutting of harness required
*Low current consumption - max. 60mA
*Over-Voltage and current protection
*Epoxy protection - humidity and vibration resistant
*Surface Mount Electronics used
*Small size, fits easily under body work - Dimensions: 74mm x 49.5mm x 25.4mm
*Only a few minutes required for changing of settings - ideal for drag-strip
IMO anyways!
smile.gif

Back