UK HayaBusa's VS United States HayaBusa's

FAKK2

Registered
What are the Major/Minor Differences in UK HayaBusa's VS United States HayaBusa's? I am thinking of getting one into the US.

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095547540 -->

Um, if your in the UK and trying to bring a Busa into the country, there is a shiD ton of EPA, DOT, BS paperwork and things that have to be done. Definetly something to consider. There was a guy that tried to bring one in about a year ago, I cannot remember his name but they had seized his busa when he tried to get it back to Hawaii and they (Customs) had already had it for over a year.

Besides, anymore, there are NO differences in bikes other than maybe paint schemes and KMPH vS MPH. So really, I wouldn't even consider it. There just aren't any differences. It's not worth the hassle.

What if it is brought in by a dealer?

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095550324 -->

Seriously, the costs involved probably wouldn't be worth it, and I doubt you will find a dealer willing to do it. THough now I just gotta ask, why? There really isn't any benefit to be had. the bikes are identical, flash to pass etc...

Actually have one who will, he got me my '04 from canada. But 3 days from taking possesion Hurricane Frances destroyed it, so now I want the Black/Black '04 Limited Edition From the UK.

So now I need to know what is the Differences in the UK vs the US, is it same HP etc.. same restrictions and all and when applying a PowerCommander to it, and a TRE, and new full race Exhaust and race Filter, and pair mod and small air box mod, that it will have same HP/TQ as a US/North American Model and all.

HK, Even though its a real waste of time and money, you seem pretty heart set on getting one from the UK. So, just do it and post some pics when it comes in....Basically nothings different, except for what Rev pointed out..They all come from Japan. :o)

So basically all bikes are same once you put the mods like pair, full race exhaust, TRE, Power commander, Race filter etc... The one before came from canada, so what would make a UK a more pain in the ass to get?

We drive on the opposite side of the road, so our lights will show dip beam to the wrong side for you. This means a change of headlight unit. We also have the switchable lights whereas in th US they are permanently on. Although from this year I believe all UK bikes changed to the permanently on models, something to do with european regulations.

Ah cool so speed restriction ect... and hp/tq are basically the same. as far as lights go np with it easy to change, I am seeking the Black/Black '04 Limited Edition UK Version. I like the idea of off till after starting it. Appreciate the info.

Your better off just buying a US bike and ordering the Black/Black fairings.

You will have to change a lot more than the headlight bringing a UK bike into the states.

Even if you get a Canadian bike, you will still have to change the speedo, etc..... that is if your local DMV accepts the Canadian paperwork. I had a hell of a time getting mine titled/licensed. Something you want to check into. Since 9/11 Suzuki now charges you $1k for a Man. proof of Vin.

You can do either one but I would rather spend $1500 on a US spec bike to have Black than $2k on paperwork and changes to get a UK bike legal. That's not counting if customs lets it through or down time waiting for your paperwork to be finished SO YOU CAN RIDE IT.

There is a lot more involved than you think.

Josh
cool.gif

Your better off just buying a US bike and ordering the Black/Black fairings.

You will have to change a lot more than the headlight bringing a UK bike into the states.  

Even if you get a Canadian bike, you will still have to change the speedo, etc..... that is if your local DMV accepts the Canadian paperwork.  I had a hell of a time getting mine titled/licensed.  Something you want to check into.  Since 9/11 Suzuki now charges you $1k for a Man. proof of Vin.  

You can do either one but I would rather spend $1500 on a US spec bike to have Black than $2k on paperwork and changes to get a UK bike legal.  That's not counting if customs lets it through or down time waiting for your paperwork to be finished SO YOU CAN RIDE IT.

There is a lot more involved than you think.

Josh
cool.gif
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!

HK, Do this... Buy an 04 SE Yeah Yeah the Red one... Then order Black Plastics for it. It will save you a ton of time, you will still have a warranty honored in the US and your good to go without all the Bullsh!t, not to mention that once its all said and done, you still prolly save money.

OR

Get a custom Paint job on your 04LE, get something really cool and you will still prolly come out ahead Financially!!!

WHY are there problems importing a bike from the UK? HELL, I dunno, like I said EPA, DOT BS...

Someone here on the board bought their Busa from Canada and was going on and on about how easy it was, I haven't seen anything from him lately though... Just be careful, I had a couple dealers tell me straight out that grey market bikes are NOT supported by Suzuki USA...

I dunno why you would bother with it though, just add some paint or buy some plastics and your good to go...

Ah cool! any one got idea's about me bike carbin up i've try'd new air filter givin it a service. i've re set the tp so its in the middle and still its blowin carbon out like a diesel.

Ah cool! any one got idea's about me bike carbin up i've try'd new air filter givin it a service. i've re set the tp so its in the middle and still its blowin carbon out like a diesel.
You do know it's not a 2-stroke right?
smile.gif

Seriously though, this woul dbe a good one to post over in "Maintenance".

Sounds like it's obviously running rich, but then... You knew that much...

Post up in Technical there maybe someone can actually get you squared away.

Rev

I'm from the Uk and left a blackbird there because of the costs...

2 years ago it cost about $2000 to ship it to New York and then there were taxes to pay, modifications to get it road legal...Then Insurance costs more...coz its an "import"

Not worth the hassle..
Cost of a new busa in the UK is about £8000... ($14000)...add $3000 dollars to get it here and then you have a $17000 bike worth only $9000 without a warranty...

You gotta be mad.

All the guys above are right - it's not worth it. I moved back to the US from Korea about 18 mos ago. I had a Euro Spec. model which I wanted to bring home with me. Basically you are looking at $5k in addition to the shipping costs.
You have to us a certified importer who will file the paperwork for you ~ $2,500.; you need to replace any non-compliant part with US Spec. OEM parts (exactly).
Even if there are no functional differences you still have to replace parts. Example: the fuel injection throttle bodies have a different code # on them between the Euro and the US spec. These would have to be changed. You have the headlight lenses, DOT mirrors and side-markers, speedo, exhaust (non catalytic) with EPA/DOT stamp.

The bike will sit in a bonded warehouse for 5-6 mos. while the paperwork is being filed with the DOT.

You are better off getting a custom paint job since the Euro bikes have no inherent advantage over the US spec. bikes. The DOT publishes a list which you can check to see if anyone has already petitioned a Canadian spec. bike for importation - this will be about as close as you can get.

Back