ATRE vs TRE

Liquidous

Registered
I asked what the difference was between the ATRE and a "regular" TRE. this is the response i got.. now my question is, what is the benefit to choose different gear maps on our bikes?

------------

We expect to have the ATRE's back in stock this spring.

The ATRE is user programmable.  All of the other TRE's are not adjustable by the user.
Our ATRE lets you select which gears will be affected by the ATRE.  The four choices are [gears 1&2], [gears 1,2 &3], [geards 1-4] or [all gears].   The ATRE will automatically remap your selected gears with your choice of 3 ignition/fuel maps;  you can select the 4th gear map, 5th gear map or the sixth gear map.

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg5_5.htm

So you have more choices as to what the ATRE will do for your bike and your riding requirements.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

regards,
Larry
www.MotorcycleRadar.com

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110835726 -->

Ask yourself how often you will go over 186mph. If t is often then get a TRE that you can turn on and off switchable. If you just want to affect the bottom to try and get out stumble go with a ATRE (Which I do not reccomend for tuning purpose, in other words have a good tuner take care of t with out a ATRE)

Ask yourself how often you will go over 186mph.  If t is often then get a TRE that you can turn on and off switchable.  If you just want to affect the bottom to try and get out stumble go with a ATRE (Which I do not reccomend for tuning purpose, in other words have a good tuner take care of t with out a ATRE)
Agree with NE...

I'd not be so quick to diss the product for all Busa owners and here's the reason .

Some of us are running PCIII USB's that are without a provision for timing adjustment . Power Commander says an upgrade for us USB users might be available in the future but for now this sure might help in 1st , 2nd and 3rd when some more timing advance will help loft the front wheel , better fuel mileage and the usual cooler running engine when the timing is not retarded . Then in 4th , 5th and 6th when you actually want the timing pulled out for max power like a Pro Mod motor you got it done for you .

The way that deal is decribed though , since it has fuel mapping it would probably need be on the engine before a dyno run for mapping on bikes with exhaust and other mods .

What I'd like to know before I hit the dyno is what the total ignition timing is at part and open throttle in ALL 6 gears on a stock engine . Then it would be nice to know how much timing this device actually adds

If anyone has that info and wants to share , please post it . In the end I will find the answer anyway but would give me something to toss around for another month or so until dyno time .

<!--EDIT|mountainmotor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113828701 -->

Do a search. I POSTED A HELLL OF A POST ON THE DIFFERENCE's BETWEEN TRE, ATRE, SMART TRE, SWITCHABLE TRE, HOMEADE TRE, AND just a plain ole resister!.

ATRE is one of the only devices that is electronic and can do multiple values at once not just "one resistor".

TRE=RESISTOR, affects all gears
Switchible TRE=RESISTOR w/ on/off switch, same
ATRE=electronic, doesnt affect neutral,

etc
BTW ATRE is made by a fellow board member here.

JD

Hummm... heard that the ATRE difference (in a practical way) is that we can "program" it to chose from changing the timing from 1st to 2nd, 1st to 3rd or 1st to 4th always keeping the 6th gear unlimited... am i wrong? I have a Ivan's TRE and I only plug it on when on the mood to have the 6th gear unlimited... I'd really like to have a TRE that only eliminate the 6th gear speed limitation, because the other gears are ok to me.

Do a search. I POSTED A HELLL OF A POST ON THE DIFFERENCE's BETWEEN TRE, ATRE, SMART TRE, SWITCHABLE TRE, HOMEADE TRE, AND just a plain ole resister!.

ATRE is one of the only devices that is electronic and can do multiple values at once not just "one resistor".

TRE=RESISTOR, affects all gears
Switchible TRE=RESISTOR w/ on/off switch, same
ATRE=electronic, doesnt affect neutral,

etc
BTW ATRE is made by a fellow board member here.

JD
Who does it?

I POSTED A HELLL OF A POST ON THE DIFFERENCE's BETWEEN TRE, ATRE, SMART TRE, SWITCHABLE TRE, HOMEADE TRE[/QUOTE]

Can't you just give us the linky? ;)

<!--EDIT|xyu
Reason for Edit: "i'm a moron who can't spell...what can I say"|1119063276 -->

Back