Another TRE inquiry

gixxer2k1000

Registered
Ok so I was reading all this negative stuff about doing the TRE mod.I just have a question about the whole thing from what I read the stock injection unit adds 55 more fuel when in 5th gear and that is why you dont want to use the TRE but if you are to have a custom map done while having the TRe mod on there wouldnt that counter the effect of being to rich?

efbbdd.jpg

Seems to me that would work. When you guys say "a" custom map, do you mean one map for all gears or 5 maps like Suzuki uses?

What does a map cost. I'm considering moving to CO and the altitude is 5,000 feet. Seems to me like that is going to make the bike run lean. Ya think?

but if you are to have a custom map done while having the TRe mod on there wouldnt that counter the effect of being to rich? [/QUOTE]

...Yes it would

So seeing how I already have the TRE and it will literally cost me next to nothing to have my bike mapped is it really worth it to keep the TRE in there or just pull it out sorry for dragging this overly asked question out but I could not find any of these answers already.Also If I take it out and have the bike mapped how would that effect the bike or are the tuners supposed to map out each individual gear?

i think with a good tuner mapping your bike , you will have no need for the TRE ?
rock.gif
whats a tre?

your bike is still going to think it's in 5th gear all the time... so it doesn't matter what kind of mapping you do... whatever fuel curve you have for 5th is what your gonna be running all the time with a tre.

Atleast thats my understanding.. I may be wrong.. but I doubt it.

So if if you take off the TRE and have it mapped do they map in every gear? Or what happens there once you get a custom map.

even if you do get a map that is custom for each gear...

what difference is it gonna make if you have the best possible maps for 1st thru 4th... if the tre is telling your computer.. and your PC that your always in fifth?

The bottom line is that a TRE ,, even a "smart" tre is nothing more than a little resistor that changes the signal it's receiving into the signal for "5th gear please" to the computer... which can be modifyed with the PC... .. the PC is gonna do the same thing as the computer .. "Oh.. we are in fifth... adjust accordingly"

maybe you miss read me or I just interpretid wrong, I understand the whole concept of the TRE ...... bascilly what I am wondering is if you were not using the TRE I geuss my question was do the Power Commander and the stock ECU work in conjuction with each other and when you take your bike to be mapped are they mapping in each gear or does the stock ecu take care of that and the PC3 just compensates for the aftermarket add ons such as pipe,pair mod and whatever else might be thrown in there.

Back