Crash Protectors/race rails/crash cage for Gen 3

Kiran Deore

Registered
I'm having a hard time looking for crash cage my Gen 3. The bike is heavy and being a shorter guy (5'6"), I sometimes feel nervous that I might drop it while moving in my garage or in heavy traffic. Any suggestions where can I find a crash cage?

PS I had a Gen 1 busa that was lowered by 2" and I didn't like the way it changed the Geometry of the bike so I'm trying not to lower my Gen 3 but instead use crash cage.

Crash protectors and those cages will only do so much for you...if you go down at speed, they sometimes become more of a danger than anything else as they catch on the pavement or any rough terrain and either rip apart or spit the bike in a crazy direction.

They work if you are sitting still but if this is your primary worry then you really need to listen to @c10 and practice controlling your bike better. Even then sometimes stuff happens and it falls over-it is after all a fairly heavy bike and once the balance is lost it's hard to recover it.

Crash protectors and those cages will only do so much for you...if you go down at speed, they sometimes become more of a danger than anything else as they catch on the pavement or any rough terrain and either rip apart or spit the bike in a crazy direction.

They work if you are sitting still but if this is your primary worry then you really need to listen to @c10 and practice controlling your bike better. Even then sometimes stuff happens and it falls over-it is after all a fairly heavy bike and once the balance is lost it's hard to recover it.
thanks! After reading several posts in other threads and your post, I feel I should practice a lot and get used to the weight

Wear some boots with thick soles or a heel. Practice slowly and carefully until you get used to it. Low speed and hitting the brake is what will be the biggest problem. Also watch for uneven pavement, one side an inch low and that could result in a drop. Riding with a full fuel tank makes the bike a lot more top heavy too.

R&g racing, Yoshimura and T Rex seem to have frame sliders. I don't know of crash bars. Frame sliders should do the trick for a stationary drop. I agree that learning to be comfortable with the weight of the bike is a must, but accidents do happen, it's best to be prepared for at least some of them.

Back