Well Gen 3 riders???

Did you guys in the states get the recalls for the QS? We’ve had 2 and an ecu swap over.
Not for the 2018 gsxr1000R.
My friend bought it as a new leftover in April 2019.
It has been perfect.
It had one recall for something a couple years ago, and there were no issues with whatever it was.
I forget what it was, I just texted him and asked. I'll post what it was when he answers me.

It has been perfect.
It had one recall for something a couple years ago, and there were no issues with whatever it was.
I forget what it was, I just texted him and asked. I'll post what it was when he answers me.
He said fuel pump gasket and what the dealer said was one of the gyroscopes that measures lean angles.
I don't know about which module that would be or where, I'de have to look in the service manual.
I don't have much faith in that dealer, just him taking it in for a recall shortly after buying it.
The only other U.S recall I'm aware of is for six hundred of the 1000's(and his didn't fall in that vin# range) for an ecu fault that caused a missed upshift between 1st and 2nd, and if you shifted into 2nd again still at high rpm, Suzuki was afraid the chain could break, but there are no reported incidents of this happening that I could find.

It has been perfect.
Ahh perhaps it was completed prior as mine is a first batch 2017. One was for the QS not working at all due to the wires and the other was due to rough shifts and possible damage when using it in either setting 1 or 2.

My QS sometimes gets weird. Sometimes it won’t go into first unless cycle the clutch in/out. I was hoping it would work itself out but I’ll be watching Suzukis site now for any recalls.

My QS sometimes gets weird. Sometimes it won’t go into first unless cycle the clutch in/out. I was hoping it would work itself out but I’ll be watching Suzukis site now for any recalls.
I couldn't imagine a situation where I'd be bouncing on a QS into first gear.
Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?
You can up or downshift on the throttle easily at any rpm, at lower rpms it's not quite as smooth, but still good.
Downshifting makes a fantastic engine noise/throttle blip with each gear change.
It engine brakes the bike nicely, all the way back into first.
I've experienced no issues doing that either. This is also gradually coming down from speed, not 15-20mph 2nd gear cruising and jamming it into first.
I think he's reffereing to the gradual downshifting I mentioned, only the bike not wanting to engage first gear without the clutch.
Hopefully some mileage smooths his gen3 out as it did this 1k.

I think he is referring at putting in the first gear at standstill. Sometimes it happens to me too. I have to cycle the clutch in/out and then clutch in again and then I can put it into the first gear...

I think he is referring at putting in the first gear at standstill. Sometimes it happens to me too. I have to cycle the clutch in/out and then clutch in again and then I can put it into the first gear...
I've had that happen on several motorcycles and 4wheelers over the years that did not have the QS.
Not common, and usually with newer engines.

That is just a fact of life. When your stars are not in alignment, things don't go as they should.

In better English, that is normal for a motorcycle gearbox. If the gear teeth are positioned such that the top lands are in perfect alignment, the shift lever will not be able to engage the gears. Once you cycle the clutch, the lands may no longer be aligned and the lever will engage them. In most cases, it is unusual for the gear teeth lands to align as mentioned, but sometimes that happens.

Am I missing something?
Sorry... to clarify.. I am approaching a red light and after having downshifted to say second and then clutching to neutral upon the light turning green it sometimes will not go into first without cycling the clutch lever in and out...
has happened more than once
but never QS into first...

Sorry... to clarify.. I am approaching a red light and after having downshifted to say second and then clutching to neutral upon the light turning green it sometimes will not go into first without cycling the clutch lever in and out...
You can QS into first, it won't hurt it.

Cool - Gotcha
Thanks

Why is everyone ripping on the mirrors? I mean they are the first set that don't look like plastic crap. You can have them set to glance behind you to see if a cop is there, but regardless you need to turn your head when checking for blind spots. The mirrors don't look like an afterthought like the gen1 and gen2 styling & they are painted!

Why is everyone ripping on the mirrors? I mean they are the first set that don't look like plastic crap. You can have them set to glance behind you to see if a cop is there, but regardless you need to turn your head when checking for blind spots. The mirrors don't look like an afterthought like the gen1 and gen2 styling & they are painted!
Nice if they'd fit the other generations...my GSXR mirrors are ok but these are pretty nice looking...

That damned rubber boot on the gen 1's......

Yeappers I know Him, I sent him a hat and some decals not long ago - Great guy and does some really good video's. I reached out about chain maintenance and he did a video for me.

Sold my 2013 ZX14R today and rode away on a new silver Busa. I've had 15 bikes in the last 34 years, everything from 3 to 207hp but this is my first ever brand new bike.
I know the engine is tight but so far in comparison to a 14R.....

The 14 would pull strongly away with just about no throttle and only using clutch control, same approach on the Busa and it's a world apart, you need throttle to get going, 0 to 30 on a 14 is near instant, feels a bit laggy almost on the Busa. Once you are going it's well mannered, rides well, is slightly lowered geared than a 14, I can't give it the beans as I'm limited to 5500rpm for the next 470 miles!

Overall, very similar, the Busa has less of a stretch to the bars, the bars feel physically smaller like they're not as wide. The clocks are nicer though, the TFT is really nice. Both are incredibly stable, the 14 loses 30lbs from a dual slip on, the Busa seems to only lose 10 (Yoshi R77).

Very happy with my first Suzuki. Old school big cc in a new electronics package. Glad to be here!

Back