Well Gen 3 riders???

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
So, it has been a minute since many of you have been owners of your Gen 3s.

Anyone have any comparison thoughts between the Gen 3 and other generation Hayabusas? Is everyone happy with the bike or done any roll racing (or otherwise) except for Moore Mafia and a couple other drag racers, we have heard little about the bike's prowess against other bikes out there....

Definetly more flickable.
Mirrors are not great.
Hill hold needs to cut in on less of an incline than it does. And stay on in neutral, which it doesn't.
2nd to 3rd still clunks if clutch used.
Pillion seat big improvement due to lip stopping swmbo from sliding forward.
Brakes much better.
Much nicer riding position.
Less buffeting possibly as wider. Or so it appears and feels.

Mirrors are not great.
Hill hold needs to cut in on less of an incline than it does. And stay on in neutral, which it doesn't.
Brakes much better.
Good to know about the mirrors as I was about to start hunting for a set...now I will push that to one side...

Good to know about the mirrors as I was about to start hunting for a set...now I will push that to one side...

Try a left bar-end mirror, or a pair.
The veiw from a quality pair is so much better than stock, seriously.
Blows away stock mirrors.
I also found(just me) that my eyes could find the mirrors in space a fraction of a second quicker, and therefore focus quicker. All I had to do was look at my hands, which my brain already knew exactly where they were, vs trying to find the exact place in space where the stock mirrors were.
It allowed me to check behind me just a little quicker, and have a much better veiw.
I like good looking mirrors(personal taste obviously), but prefer function over form in everything.
My 2 cents, for whatever it's worth.

Try a left bar-end mirror, or a pair.
The veiw from a quality pair is so much better than stock, seriously.
Blows away stock mirrors.
I also found(just me) that my eyes could find the mirrors in space a fraction of a second quicker, and therefore focus quicker. All I had to do was look at my hands, which my brain already knew exactly where they were, vs trying to find the exact place in space where the stock mirrors were.
It allowed me to check behind me just a little quicker, and have a much better veiw.
I like good looking mirrors(personal taste obviously), but prefer function over form in everything.
My 2 cents, for whatever it's worth.
I have GSXR mirrors now..never tried bar end mirrors but am not a fan of the block off plates so the mirrors will have to stay in stock position.

Gas mileage?
40mpg (imperial) on average. Mainly two up and quite a lot around town. Sub 5k revs as still running in.
Consumption similar to other big bore bikes to within a few mpg.
Seems like filling up more frequently.
Last bike was an SX which was noticeably more frugal.

Gas mileage?
In 2 weeks I have put on over 1500kms. I usually have the trip average fuel consumption on the single line display, and I hover between 5 and 5.5L/100kms, at highway cruising speeds around 140kph. I haven't had the patience to cruise at a slower speed but I'm guessing that number would get a lot lower (better mileage). My Gen1 would drink 7.2L/100km at the same cruising speed, and about 6L/100km at 110kph.

Also the Gen3 is now premium (90+} fuel only (owners manual says up to 10% ethanol is okay) whereas I always used regular 87 ethanol has on my Gen1. Not sure if that makes up for the difference or if the Gen2/Gen3's 1340 motor is more fuel efficient.

Getting done with all new safety gear ordering Pitt Bull rear stand today
getting Bluetooth tomorrow and wife will be happy so I can go riding
having o problems with her so far. Remember safety first.

955C6FFE-E5F6-493F-AC95-E3D4C8091EA6.jpeg

Mirrors are not great.
Brakes much better.
If your in neutral. Why would you want it to hold? Be weird if it did. Also, I like the bootlegs mirrors. GREATLY! Had an 08 and always thought they looked terrible.
main question: No reverse pattern shifting?? Darn it. Or has someone did it. Do tell…

If your in neutral. Why would you want it to hold? Be weird if it did. Also, I like the bootlegs mirrors. GREATLY! Had an 08 and always thought they looked terrible.
main question: No reverse pattern shifting?? Darn it. Or has someone did it. Do tell…

Reverse/GP shifting should be a fairly easy setup as it is on most bikes, the only minor issues may/may not be the attachment point of the stock quickshifter.

ordering Pitt Bull rear stand today
I think I might have mentioned this to you previously but any Pit Bull rear stand should fit the busa. Pit Bull does have a special design for the Hayabusa though. It offers a better angle for lifting because the spool hooks are lower. I think a standard Pit Bull rear stand would work just fine but would require a heck of a lot of downforce to lift the bike. Also, I wouldn't recommend a rear handle rear stand with the busa but some people seem to feel they're safe enough if you have a 2x4 under the side stand. Forward handle is a lot safer. Swing arm pivot stand is safest of all I know of.

Back