Well Gen 3 riders???

Sold my 2013 ZX14R today and rode away on a new silver Busa. I've had 15 bikes in the last 34 years, everything from 3 to 207hp but this is my first ever brand new bike.
I know the engine is tight but so far in comparison to a 14R.....

The 14 would pull strongly away with just about no throttle and only using clutch control, same approach on the Busa and it's a world apart, you need throttle to get going, 0 to 30 on a 14 is near instant, feels a bit laggy almost on the Busa. Once you are going it's well mannered, rides well, is slightly lowered geared than a 14, I can't give it the beans as I'm limited to 5500rpm for the next 470 miles!

Overall, very similar, the Busa has less of a stretch to the bars, the bars feel physically smaller like they're not as wide. The clocks are nicer though, the TFT is really nice. Both are incredibly stable, the 14 loses 30lbs from a dual slip on, the Busa seems to only lose 10 (Yoshi R77).

Very happy with my first Suzuki. Old school big cc in a new electronics package. Glad to be here!
Welcome

Sold my 2013 ZX14R today and rode away on a new silver Busa. I've had 15 bikes in the last 34 years, everything from 3 to 207hp but this is my first ever brand new bike.
I know the engine is tight but so far in comparison to a 14R.....

The 14 would pull strongly away with just about no throttle and only using clutch control, same approach on the Busa and it's a world apart, you need throttle to get going, 0 to 30 on a 14 is near instant, feels a bit laggy almost on the Busa. Once you are going it's well mannered, rides well, is slightly lowered geared than a 14, I can't give it the beans as I'm limited to 5500rpm for the next 470 miles!

Overall, very similar, the Busa has less of a stretch to the bars, the bars feel physically smaller like they're not as wide. The clocks are nicer though, the TFT is really nice. Both are incredibly stable, the 14 loses 30lbs from a dual slip on, the Busa seems to only lose 10 (Yoshi R77).

Very happy with my first Suzuki. Old school big cc in a new electronics package. Glad to be here!
Welcome to the Suzuki family-you can't go wrong with a Hayabusa.

Once you get it broke in and start using the quick shifter in anger, you will find this bike will gather in speed very quickly.

I have a gen 2 with a quick shifter and it really accelerates hard using the quick shifter

Different continents/markets usually get different colors.
But the black, white, and silver gen3's are all I've seen anywhere.
I *assumed* that was thanks to covid, supply chain issues, etc.
Along with the gen3 being released and listed as 2021 or 2022 models last year.
I thought any other factory colors would've shown up by now.
I'de like to know if Suzuki considers the 3 colors we've all seen to be 2021's, 2022's, or both, and if both, that all 3 colors are carry-overs, or if any new colors will be made this year.
I kind of doubt it, since dealers(at least in the U.S) seem to have plenty of gen3's.
But also don't know when they can order anymore.
I bet Japan has plenty of stock...or plenty in shipping containers ready for sale(where U.S dealers get more bikes from normally).
The yellow does look factory too, but is probably just a good paint job.

Different continents/markets usually get different colors.
But the black, white, and silver gen3's are all I've seen anywhere.
I *assumed* that was thanks to covid, supply chain issues, etc.
Along with the gen3 being released and listed as 2021 or 2022 models last year.
I thought any other factory colors would've shown up by now.
I'de like to know if Suzuki considers the 3 colors we've all seen to be 2021's, 2022's, or both, and if both, that all 3 colors are carry-overs, or if any new colors will be made this year.
I kind of doubt it, since dealers(at least in the U.S) seem to have plenty of gen3's.
But also don't know when they can order anymore.
I bet Japan has plenty of stock...or plenty in shipping containers ready for sale(where U.S dealers get more bikes from normally).
The yellow does look factory too, but is probably just a good paint job.
It must be paint...I wouldn't have thought someone would paint a brand new bike but I guess anything is possible...

They probably made or ordered all the factory decals

Got her over 500 miles yesterday and had a chance to open her up a bit keeping it under 8000 RPM. This bike is deceptively quick, especially with the quiet stock exhaust. I love the sound of my Gen 2 with R77s but I think it takes away from the sneaky quick character of the Busa. My Gen 2 will not power wheelie at my 5000 ft altitude unless I lean back and try. Not true with the Gen 3. I also hit 580 miles and did the oil change and first service early. Hardly any metal on the oil plug but the break-in oil had that metallic look to it. I like the removable panel to get to the oil filter. Don't forget the screw at the front that is actually inside the front of the panel. Love this machine and am looking forward to 1000 miles so I can redline it, if I can make it that far.

Maeby is like this other from the USA a good paint job

Screenshot_20220214-200327_WhatsApp.jpg

The first yellow must have been a silver bike with those red accents? Surely Suzuki would have enough sense not to mix red and yellow??

The black and yellow looks awesome. Not a yellow fan, but hot damn that looks great.

video of the yellow/red

So in my case it would be, "Look at that guy getting passed by soccer moms in minivans. He must be drunk. Better pull him over and check to see why he is going so darn slow on that high-speed bike."

I suppose I will stick to blue. The last thing I need is that kind of trouble.
Cool...they always go after the low hanging fruit...and chase the noise from loud pipes.
Meanwhile...I discreetly disapeer and go about my business.

Back