What changes would you want for the Gen 3 Hayabusa?

Take that stupid piece of metal in the tank fill spout OUT! You can't push the spring-loaded gas pump do-hickey by just pushing it in the hole, you have to hold the pump spring-loaded thing with your hand to put gas in, a royal pain in the arse. Next, the clutchless shifting is a bit clunky going up and down. The BMW1000RR was a lot smoother. I don't know why the gen3 rolls easier, but since I almost dropped it three times due to rolling after I put the side stand down, I'm constantly spooked now. I parked all my other busa's in the same spot and they never rolled, but this gen3 does. So now I turn the bar all the way to the left and that seems to hold it. A parking brake would end that problem. Too hard to put in 1st gear w/o engine running and holding it up off the bike, so the parking brake would work really well for me. Otherwise, with the cruise, I could ride this bike for hundreds of miles. The only thing stopping me from doing that is the bottom of my thigh where it sits on the seat gets numb.

I don't know why the gen3 rolls easier, but since I almost dropped it three times due to rolling after I put the side stand down, I'm constantly spooked now.
It's good that you're spooked now rather than after dropping it. I'll always be overcautious about parking a bike after dropping my busa twice. I check, double check and triple check any time I park it. I often quadruple check.

It's good that you're spooked now rather than after dropping it. I'll always be overcautious about parking a bike after dropping my busa twice. I check, double check and triple check any time I park it. I often quadruple check.
I'm with you, I never assume it is safe and secure..

That’s crazy to hear about the gas fill pipe. I’m close to purchasing my Gen 3 so this is not good news. This means when I get gas and hold the spring loaded thing on the gas nozzle I either get gas on my gloves, on my fingers which then go inside my gloves, or I have to carry and wear nitrile gloves.
What a pain indeed.

That’s crazy to hear about the gas fill pipe. I’m close to purchasing my Gen 3 so this is not good news. This means when I get gas and hold the spring loaded thing on the gas nozzle I either get gas on my gloves, on my fingers which then go inside my gloves, or I have to carry and wear nitrile gloves.
What a pain indeed.
You'll have to take your gloves off to pay anyway. Any time I fill up, I place my hand over the filler neck with the nozzle between my thumb and finger. This prevents gas from spattering up on top of the tank as well as protects from anything falling in the tank. We don't even have the spring loaded deals here but I've always shielded the filler neck anyway. There's usually paper towels at the pump and I don't get much gas on my hand to bother with it most times. I wonder how shallow they could have made the splashguard on the gen3 tank? Is it any worse than the ones on the Gen2s? My Kawasaki has the same thing, I'm sure most bikes do.

Zero issues here in Texas pumping gas. I actually like the metal piece because now I don't have to hold it..lol.

Only in Cali for the vapor recovery of gas fumes eh? Well, after some thought, I'm glad that it has vapor recovery as it makes the air cleaner. Think of millions of people putting gas in their cars and all those fumes go off into the air. Carmakers have been putting fume recovery canisters on cars for forever now that I think about it. That's why car makers say not to top off your tank due to the liquid gas getting into the vapor canister. Those canisters have been around a long time probably in all cars in the USA. I'm old and wanted to gripe. Old fart!

Back