What changes would you want for the Gen 3 Hayabusa?

Tached1300

Registered
I love my Gen 2, I figure I’ll spend years trying to tame it lol. It has way more power than needed for the roads I typically ride so I don’t need any more power but I get that Suzuki fans want to see an answer to the zx14. I like the basic simplicity of it actually. More braking capability is always a plus. Perhaps have an upgraded suspension package as an option. Possibly have a drag race oriented trim package from the factory or a track/road race oriented edition. So basically a street version, a drag version light weight wheels etc or racing version with each having features catered to that purpose. I’m not all that concerned with having traction control for me personally but it would be nice to have it with the option of turning it off for the masses.

Then there’s consideration of how much your proposed changes would impact sales price and the market demand for it. Sounds like demand will not be an issue but price needs to stay within bounds of the competition to a certain degree.

In all honesty....

I think the Hayabusa is an amazing machine and very well designed. A lot of time and effort went into building the baddest street machine out there and it shows. What would make my life easier? Hmmm.... An easier to access oil filter so fairings don't have to come off LOL.

I think that the Hayabusa could benefit from lighter components in the build and more use of aluminum. I don't have any complaints. I think that to keep up with the times the Gen 3 will need to have a digital dash readout for the gauges. Even Yamaha has done it for 2019 for their line of waverunners.

In order to remain competitive, it will have to find it's niche...perhaps Suzuki can follow Kawasaki and have multiple platforms, a dedicated sport tourer, a street dominator and perhaps a drag version. Is there a market for these?? I can't answer that but people seem to be buying the Kawasaki H2 variants so there might be.

Regardless they will have to update the electronic suite (digital dash, TC, LC, speed shifter, etc...).

This will all undoubtedly increase unit cost placing it on par with it's competition. This might be a deterrent however as Suzuki will want to keep costs down in this economy I figure.

In all honesty....

I think the Hayabusa is an amazing machine and very well designed. A lot of time and effort went into building the baddest street machine out there and it shows. What would make my life easier? Hmmm.... An easier to access oil filter so fairings don't have to come off LOL.

I think that the Hayabusa could benefit from lighter components in the build and more use of aluminum. I don't have any complaints. I think that to keep up with the times the Gen 3 will need to have a digital dash readout for the gauges. Even Yamaha has done it for 2019 for their line of waverunners.
Man how did I forgot the oil filter that would be number one on my list

All the things above are good. It would be nice to have an LED gauge I could read through my helmet in the sun. Maybe a 4 into 1 exhaust with a single side swing arm. Shave some weight off. (the H2 is just about as heavy as a busa though). I wish insurance was cheaper.

Most of the stuff you guys are asking for you can just add it yourself to the current Busa, so what are ya waiting for?

It's very possible the very concept of the Hyper-bike is out dated and that's how Suzuki is looking at it. The Busa is still selling as well as a lot of sport bikes. But it's a deadender bike. Either people will stop buying it or emissions regulations will get it eventually.

Most of the stuff you guys are asking for you can just add it yourself to the current Busa, so what are ya waiting for?

It's very possible the very concept of the Hyper-bike is out dated and that's how Suzuki is looking at it. The Busa is still selling as well as a lot of sport bikes. But it's a deadender bike. Either people will stop buying it or emissions regulations will get it eventually.
I'm happy with my Gen 2 I have no intentions to "upgrade" should one come out, heck but I'm one of those who still like manual windows in cars. To me less is more...

In all honesty....

Couldn’t agree more with the oil filter thing. I hate oil changes on the busa even more now, after doing an oil change on my concours14. Takes me longer to gather the tools needed than to do the actual change

I'm happy with my Gen 2 I have no intentions to "upgrade" should one come out, heck but I'm one of those who still like manual windows in cars. To me less is more...
I have been drafting my review of my latest mods and there is a lot of room for improving the basic Gen 2 platform. There is a lot more performance to be had in the stock Busa platform. One gift from the age of this bike is that many of the mods are as well engineered and reliable as the OEM bike.

This site is full of people with modified bikes. @c10 has a touring lean to his mods. @ROADTOAD1340 and I went for a backroad blaster, others have gone for power monster turbos. I would say that very few of these bikes could be sold by Suzuki, either because of some of the mods being legal only for racing or it's not economically feasible.

I have been drafting my review of my latest mods and there is a lot of room for improving the basic Gen 2 platform. There is a lot more performance to be had in the stock Busa platform. One gift from the age of this bike is that many of the mods are as well engineered and reliable as the OEM bike.

This site is full of people with modified bikes. @c10 has a touring lean to his mods. @ROADTOAD1340 and I went for a backroad blaster, others have gone for power monster turbos. I would say that very few of these bikes could be sold by Suzuki, either because of some of the mods being legal only for racing or it's not economically feasible.
Sign me up for the backroad blaster group lol

Back