Best aftermarket windshield for Gen 3?

Thank you! No, my customized and collectible unlimited gen 1 got taken out in Oregon a few years ago by a woman who saw me but still turned left in front of me. I really loved that bike (double bubble on mine too) and even liked it better than the Gen 2 body work. But I keep thinking about a gen 3. The white and blue is calling to me. Steely Dan fan indeed. You do know where they got the name...
Frontquarter.jpg

Just ordered the double bubble and the touring screen. Going on a 4 hour ride in 3 weeks. Did a two hour test run last night and omg I was exhausted at the end of it. short rides im great but going distance at highway speed over 75 was fairly draining.

Less than 5 minute swap. Super easy and the sport touring makes a HUGE difference. Way easier to see dial and much nicer to tuck behind. Can't wait to give it a test run this weekend.
View attachment 1649847View attachment 1649848
Hey Ked, I’d really like to hear what you think about your sport touring windscreen. I just picked up my new Busa Yesterday and figure that’s going to be the first mod I do. For personal point of reference, I have a new Goldwing DCT Tour - so yes like wind protection, but not sure yet if I want the ultra tall sport tour windscreen.

Thanks!

Hey Ked, I’d really like to hear what you think about your sport touring windscreen. I just picked up my new Busa Yesterday and figure that’s going to be the first mod I do. For personal point of reference, I have a new Goldwing DCT Tour - so yes like wind protection, but not sure yet if I want the ultra tall sport tour windscreen.

Thanks!
Give me a few days to get a couple miles on it. Riding out on Sat

When you install a higher touring screen you increase the frontal area of the bike, and since wind resistance is the drag coefficient X frontal area, drag is increased lowering top speed and increasing fuel consumption. Also air turbulence is increased overall, making wind noise more evident. You pay the price of comfort. Suzuki OEM touriing screen (+40mm or 1.6 in higher) is a good compromise, not affecting top speed, although ride is noisier. If you ride below 160 kph (100mph) the original OEM screen is the best in my opinion, besides the fact that being tinted makes vision through the screen difficult at high speeds.

When you install a higher touring screen you increase the frontal area of the bike, and since wind resistance is the drag coefficient X frontal area, drag is increased lowering top speed and increasing fuel consumption. Also air turbulence is increased overall, making wind noise more evident. You pay the price of comfort. Suzuki OEM touriing screen (+40mm or 1.6 in higher) is a good compromise, not affecting top speed, although ride is noisier. If you ride below 160 kph (100mph) the original OEM screen is the best in my opinion, besides the fact that being tinted makes vision through the screen difficult at high speeds.
If you ever see the test riders, they are tiny people with shoulders like a brook trout so they can tuck behind the stock windshield and not disrupt the aerodynamic profile too much, Their helmets and racing suits are specially set up for testing high speeds.

Stick a person close or over 6 foot with normal shoulders and the aero profile is disrupted regardless of the windshield used.

I have a touring screen on a previous HayabusA and it pushed the wind right up into my face. I prefer the double bubble because it’s a cleaner wind stream for me. I also lost quite a bit of top speed However you absolutely have a better view of guages.
I bought both. It only takes 5 minutes to swap them . I am going on a 3 hour ride each way next weekend. Comforts a must for that long of a ride.

I’m 6’5 an
OK so I swapped to the double bubble today. Hands down way better for me than oem or the sport touring.
d that’s been my experience. If I was shorter then the ST would push it over helmet. The DV keeps close to oem Ir stream (smooth for me) but helps me see gauges and allow a tuck when needed

Back