Best aftermarket windshield for Gen 3?

I bought one and it is really nice! The only thing that worries me is that it comes with a warning to not park in direct sunlight because it can damage components. I believe it is because of the screen on the dash. OLED screens can get spots from direct sunlight exposure.
Still haven’t learnt from the first generation I gather.

Just for the record, even with the double bubble I don't suffer a lot of wind stress. Maybe I am used to it. I have ridden Hayabusa's with touring screens and they're actually quite nice, but you may want to consider which direction you're pointing the bike if you're gonna leave it out in the sunshine.

The reason I get dark smoke is that it is rare that I'm running a land speed run with my face down in the windscreen. I do like the fact that it darkens up the displays and make them very clear to read daytime or night.

I guess if worse comes to worse you could drape a microfiber towel over your gauges for protection.
Yeah, that is what I am doing for now. I keep a microfiber towel in my pocket. It doubles to clean my faceshield. I would like to have a gradient windscreen so it casts shade on the gauges and lets me see in a tuck as well.

Zero Gravity has finally got models on the website. Quite a few.

Guess not, 2-6 week lead time.
Hi I am 6ft 2 and get a lot of pain around my neck area due to the wind blast. Which model of zero bubble do you recommend for me?

I'm 6' 2" also. Question, has the neck pain always been there when you rode your bike?. Second question, have you adjusted your ergonomics to a better riding posture?.

Windscreen selection can reduce, or increase wind pressure on the helmet, the shoulder muscles, and the neck muscles and vertebrae. Not to mention the thoracic and lumbar muscles and vertebrae.

If you're looking to reduce the wind pressure, a touring screen will usually divert most on-coming wind to a great extent.

Third question, how often do you ride?. I find if I ride regularly the clutch-hand muscles and, right hand muscles are more accommodating, the back muscle, shoulder muscles, and neck muscles are more conditioned.

As far as adjusting the ergonomics is concerned, raising the controls definitely helps in regard to less wrist, neck, shoulder, fore-arm and lower back discomfort. You sit a little straighter in the saddle which then takes pressure off of all these areas.

Not to mention lowering the pegs helps too. It takes stress off of your lower back legs and knees.

As far as windscreen selection, windscreen screens aren't cheap. If you only ride once in a while, you do more touring, or short rides then a touring windscreen might be your best choice. They make a super tall windscreen for this bike that looks like it would be very nice to ride with. It will divert most on-coming wind pressure up over your helmet. For the most part. It would also agree with your position behind the controls.

If you happen to get the super tall windscreen, and you don't like it, just contact zero gravity return it and order the next size smaller.

Just got a email- Zero Gravity is 8-10 weeks out on back order, ouch
I work in the Auto Industry(mainly ac and fuel valves), and we are still hearing from several suppliers about plastic and resin shortages...thanks covid.

Just got a email- Zero Gravity is 8-10 weeks out on back order, ouch
I cancelled my order because of that same thing and bought the Suzuki touring screen. It is nice but, does not have any tint to it and comes with a warning sticker that if you park in direct sunlight that it can damage components on the bike. I assume that they mean the screen on the dash. I know OLED screens are susceptible to damage if exposed to direct sunlight. I think that Suzuki did not remember that motorcycles are exposed to sunlight anytime that you ride during daylight hours!

I’m gonna keep my order, we just got into winter so I’ll be fine, no riding for a few months anyway, but im gonna order exhaust now as well, might be waiting awhile for that too

I am using the Suzuki touring screen for 4 months now. Being clear it is easier to ride at high speeds looking through the screen. Air flow is ok if you tuck behind it. If you ride upright the airflow is not as clean as the OEM screen which lets air flow around you without noise. Using a Shoei X Spirit 3, the standerd screen is quieter at touring speeds.

I am using the Suzuki touring screen for 4 months now. Being clear it is easier to ride at high speeds looking through the screen. Air flow is ok if you tuck behind it. If you ride upright the airflow is not as clean as the OEM screen which lets air flow around you without noise. Using a Shoei X Spirit 3, the standerd screen is quieter at touring speeds.
How do you like the stock screen for riding in a tuck? Minus the tint.

I'm 6' 2" also. Question, has the neck pain always been there when you rode your bike?. Second question, have you adjusted your ergonomics to a better riding posture?.

Windscreen selection can reduce, or increase wind pressure on the helmet, the shoulder muscles, and the neck muscles and vertebrae. Not to mention the thoracic and lumbar muscles and vertebrae.

If you're looking to reduce the wind pressure, a touring screen will usually divert most on-coming wind to a great extent.

Third question, how often do you ride?. I find if I ride regularly the clutch-hand muscles and, right hand muscles are more accommodating, the back muscle, shoulder muscles, and neck muscles are more conditioned.

As far as adjusting the ergonomics is concerned, raising the controls definitely helps in regard to less wrist, neck, shoulder, fore-arm and lower back discomfort. You sit a little straighter in the saddle which then takes pressure off of all these areas.

Not to mention lowering the pegs helps too. It takes stress off of your lower back legs and knees.

As far as windscreen selection, windscreen screens aren't cheap. If you only ride once in a while, you do more touring, or short rides then a touring windscreen might be your best choice. They make a super tall windscreen for this bike that looks like it would be very nice to ride with. It will divert most on-coming wind pressure up over your helmet. For the most part. It would also agree with your position behind the controls.

If you happen to get the super tall windscreen, and you don't like it, just contact zero gravity return it and order the next size smaller.
Hi mate, thx for the comprehensive reply. I haven't adjusted the ergonomics as I am in India and we don't have a lot of stuff available for the new bike. Also the dealers import only fast moving stuff. Again the average height of the riders here are around 5'8 or so and they don't need a lot of stuff. I used the ride the gen 2 Hayabusa with helibars risers and a MRA touring windscreen and didn't have any issues. Then I rode the Versys 1000 in between for a year and replaced it with the Gen 3 Busa. I don't have any chronic pains but I don't know why I get a lot of pressure on my neck and shoulders towards the neck. I am using the Shoei Neotech 2 and the AGV K3 and having issues with both now with some whistling sound and some wind noise both. I do plan to do some touring say 700-800 kms in a day when I do. Usually I ride twice in a week for say 45 mins each. Here if I need to order the ZG screen I will need to back order with them and they don't replace it if I am not comfortable with the screen. The extra tall one looks very tall like the ones found on police bikes and I am a bit worried it will look very strange. Also I'm not sure if I can use a tinted one as I might have to look through it unlike the stock one which is under my lie of vision. I can't find any other brand screen like MRA or Puig or National as of now. perplexed. Even Im not able to get a lighter full carbon helmet like the Scorpion Exo-R1 Air carbon which weight 2lb10.

Can you not personally order internationally there?
Or your only choice is what is already available in India itself?

Can you not personally order internationally there?
Or your only choice is what is already available in India itself?
The courier charges are very high especially when the volume of the package is huge...also to send it back again and get the replacement is next to impossible due to the freight. Also the customs duties here are 50% which will need to be paid as soon as the goods enter the country. So the option is to buy from some stockist here as they get the goods cheaper.

If I were you I would look at Zero-Gravity's listing for their sheilds, and look at each's height measurement.
Then get creative with cardboard and duct-tape, and put it over your current sheild, measure and make it as close in heigth as possible to each sheild you are considering, and go for a ride.
That way would give you a rough estimate of how high each different sheild will direct the air.
Even though you are 6'2", you're body and exact riding position, as well as specific helmet, may vary from the next 6'2" guy.
A taller sheild may blow directly over your head, while the next may blow your helmet and head around.
I know the cardboard idea isn't super high tech, but under your circumstances without being able to try them, may give you a better ballpark idea, and possibly narrow down your choices.

If I were you I would look at Zero-Gravity's listing for their sheilds, and look at each's height measurement.
Then get creative with cardboard and duct-tape, and put it over your current sheild, measure and make it as close in heigth as possible to each sheild you are considering, and go for a ride.
That way would give you a rough estimate of how high each different sheild will direct the air.
Even though you are 6'2", you're body and exact riding position, as well as specific helmet, may vary from the next 6'2" guy.
A taller sheild may blow directly over your head, while the next may blow your helmet and head around.
I know the cardboard idea isn't super high tech, but under your circumstances without being able to try them, may give you a better ballpark idea, and possibly narrow down your choices.
I'll try and do that. Will the double bubble screen work for a tall rider?

I'll try and do that. Will the double bubble screen work for a tall rider?
Yes and no.
I have met and know both short and tall riders that love or hate them.
I'm 4" shorter than you and find them to blow my helmet around.
Unfortunately they are like seats, pegs, and bars, a real personal preference.
I would hate to say that any of them specifically would definately work for you, then you get it only to find out it does not.

Back