vrod for busa?

Well scratch that bad a$$ finger and get down to the stealership and buy it! You will love it. I'm 55 years old and just got back from a ride with my son and 11 other busas. We covered 500 mi. plus on sunday. If I was on a 1k I would be in traction today!

I had a v rod that i won on a slot machine. long story short sold my wrecked busa, rode the rod for a while. now i have another busa.the v rod is gone
beerchug.gif

V-rod is cool, but the Busa is cooler
smile.gif
Bought mine 1 1/2 years ago, the only regret is not buying it brand new... bought it used and had some starter problems. Other than that, it's been a great bike!

I've been reading your board for some time now and have decided to make my next bike a Busa. I'm riding a 2003 Buell Firebolt now. I love the sound of the engine (a little like a harley) but I love the torque I have now. I'm running 984cc now with about 94Hp, any suggestions when I make my Busa buy? I plan to buy new, but any words on new versus used?

I've been reading your board for some time now and have decided to make my next bike a Busa. I'm riding a 2003 Buell Firebolt now. I love the sound of the engine (a little like a harley) but I love the torque I have now. I'm running 984cc now with about 94Hp, any suggestions when I make my Busa buy? I plan to buy new, but any words on new versus used?
Tommydboy, one vote for used. Always a better value if you can find the bike you want with the stuff you would spend lots of $$$$ on anyway.

Buell - Busa
wow.gif

Time for Tommydboy to become Tommydman. LOL
laugh.gif

i have a v-max and the busa. a bud of mine has the same 2 bikes but he is like maybe 6ft+ and maybe 275lbs and he rides his busa all the time. made a 600 mile trip one day. he had the bars raised 3/4" and also installed the buell pegs.
later
Michael

I got my 03 Busa about 6 weeks ago. I did very little in the way of mods to my previous 6 bikes, but with this bike it's like a disease. I have a box of mods at home I've not had the time to install yet, and I still want more. Get the busa you won't be disappointed.

DID IT!--yesterday traded the old vrod for an 05 red and black-i rode the rod about 35 miles to the dealership and at 75 my face was hurting!--rode the busa home doing 80-90 and it was a pleasure--i did not even get the rpms past 6k and man did this thing feel like a rocket!!--ended up getting it for $9480 plus tag and title no tax with the trade in--they crooked me a little on my trade in, but i got some nice gear(shoei helmet-nice riding jacket and gloves) and even got to leave with a decent check from them. Really liking the bike, and my back hurt less from riding it than my harley which suprised me alot. put about 60 miles on yesterday and the only real pain to speak of was in my hands which was not bad-do you guys think the frame sliders are a good idea, and what about the heli bars?--would that help with the hand discomfort or is it just something i have to get used to?-cannot beleive the torque this thing has-Ben

I can't help but notice you finally made the jump... 5 months ago... Congrats!!
Now I'm hoping the fact that you haven't posted since is because you can't stop riding long enough to tell us what your thoughts are since making the transition? Would be very intrested to read~
Hope all is well~ Don't worry about that perminent smile... If the Busa had been around in Dr. Timothy Leary's days... he woulda never made LSD!!
cool.gif

The Busa, in some really weird way seems to be the successor from Harley converts into the sport bike arena.  I guess it only makes sense. Harley makes the best/coolest cruiser bikes in the market IMHO, and Zuk makes the best/coolest big bore.

Any V-Rod or harley traditionalist who have moved on to the busa, please post updated perspectives, as I just recently sold my V-Rod and am awaiting a good deal on my first sport bike.

I have ridden a busa and loved it, so I know what all the hype is about, but am looking for feedback on longer use.  I road a R-1 and it was to extreme for me, comming from riding a lounge chair.
I have been riding Harleys for almost 30 yrs.  Three years ago at Sturgis I took a factory demo ride on a Gl1800 Goldwing. Within 2 months of getting home, the Ultra was gone and had a Wing. I have never owned a VRod or driven one for that fact. I still have an '02 FXSTS with a built motor and smaller final drive pully on the trans. It dyno'd at 108ft. lbs of torque and 103 h.p. last week. Funny thing is the dealer where it was dyno'd is about 8 miles from Harleys powertrain operations and they are offering employee pricing on left over '05 s. Unheard of for at least 10 or 12 years. I also recently purchased an '05 LE and it is a gas. I understand the sickness that evryone talks about. FedEx just delivered my Akrapovic Evo exhaust system.  Can't believe how light the box was.. For me, I like riding and I like all my bikes. However, the Harley would be the first go.....

<!--EDIT|whytlotus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128531769 -->

AK1.JPG

Your butt will thank you if you get the Busa. And your back. You need to ride both for about 30 or 40 miles and you'll feel the diff in comfort.

Tommydboy, one vote for used. Always a better value if you can find the bike you want with the stuff you would spend lots of $$$$ on anyway.

Buell - Busa  
wow.gif

Time for Tommydboy to become Tommydman. LOL  
laugh.gif
ha ha ha..... the "Tommydboy" was my old AOL handle way back from when the movie Tommyboy came out.. and has stuck ever since. I love my bike, but I am ready to step up to the big league.....

Why choose between Apples and Oranges ? Get both
smile.gif

Both are awesome bikes for what they are designed to do .

Skullrod2.jpg

bLACK%20PIPES2.jpg

Back