vrod for busa?

albinonile

Registered
have always been a harley guy-10 years or so now. I went up to ocala florida last weekend and a friend came for a visit-he has a gsxr1000--i have picked on him for years for his crotch rocket ways being an ignorant harley guy that i was. He said to me, just take it out for a spin. Instantly hooked and am now shopping and thinking about trading in my vrod for something. I am torn between a gsxr1000 and a hayabusa. I am a bigger guy--6 ft 250 and felt pretty good on the gsxr, but i only rode it for about 5 minutes. THe more i read, the more i am thinking about a busa as it seems the logical choice-what are some opinions here?

Submit to your desire. Obviously you wanna do it, or you wouldn't be posting this on a Busa board, you would have posted it on a Harley forum, so they could talk you out of it..........

They are both great bikes, sit on both and compare the ergonomics. Then spend a few years reading all useful information there is on this page and about five minutes on the Gixxer site and decide which is best for you.

hey 5'7" 165 and a hayabusa
biggrin.gif

I tried out a vrod when looking for another bike-- I personally didn't like it all. Ergos were terrible for long rides and those rims (ughhh). For harley's I still love the dyna glide sport, but there's still nothing I would trade my busa for (from any manufacturer). Go for the busa and just be easy on the throttle (big jump 100hp vrod -->165+ busa).

keep yer fuggin' V-PLOD, an' get a Busa aswell... the best of both worlds...

awesome Japanese technology...

and, some half-way decent German technology...

too funny eh... even Hardley came around...

VeeROD: over head cams
4 valves per
water cooled
alloy this an' that
porshe designed

blah blah blah. Kinda like a Harley...only different.

2 valve
air cooled(with 1 cyln. directly behind the other...how in the fug did Wille G's granpa expect that rear cylinder to get cooled? by the hot air rushing past the first cylinder?) all steel
drunkin' Milwakee bastid designed

keep yer V-sod... it'll make a nice planter some day.

hav a moot 1...RSD.

yeah, the rod is a little weak--sold my springer softail--had a clump of money--was torn between the the springer classic and the vrod--the dealer said $14900 on the vrod--so i figured i would try it out-so so ride-its fun, but the gsxr 1000 i tried out was like a life changing experience. I just dont want to be dissapointed in the busa after riding the gsxr1000--i am by no means a street racer, i take the corners on the easy side, but love straight line acceletation, so i am kind of thinking the gixxer would be overkill for me, and uncomfortable to ride, i just dont want to give up that heart stopping acceleration

The busa may be more comfortable for your frame. It sounds as if you're still kinda hung on the G1K....

Take a lil more time to ride the gixx....ask your friend to borrow it for an afternoon, see how your body reacts to the riding position. 5 minutes is enough for infatuation, but if ride for a longer period of time, you'll notice some of the other things. Kinda like when the honeymoon is over...

So yeah...take your time deciding. It appears that the Busa would be more comfortable for your frame, but I could be wrong. The only way to really find out is to spend more than just 5 mins on the bike.

Just my .02....

$11300? Hells no....you can work him down lower. If you're thinkin about straight line acceleration, the Busa has the grunt. The Gixxers are nothing to sneeze at, but you tell me:

84 ft-lbs of torque

OR

98 ft-lbs?

wink.gif

$11,300 OTD aint bad this time of year....take it. The Red/Black is the nicest too.
biggrin.gif

The Busa's calling your name.  Do ya hear it yet?
rock.gif
 Do ya?  It'll haunt you for years if you don't!
laugh.gif
It will haunt you for years if you do, too!
laugh.gif

You will never regret buying the Hayabusa and they are a lot more comfortable and stable (especially at high speeds) than the 1k. I know how you feel I was torn between the two but I picked the busa and I couldn't be happier!

In the end it's your money and your decision but this is a busa board so I say go for it you only live once.

laugh.gif

I got quoted today 9800 + Tax+ tags... Plus ten percent disco on some gear. Really varies by state as far as price.

You need to ride a busa. The busa is faster than the 01-04 1000's in a straight line. I also think you will like the torque and smooth power of the busa.
smile.gif

Back