Traded in my vrod today

workin_ike

Registered
As the title says, traded in on a new '14 leftover. had my vrod for 1 year but wasn't really enjoying it. Nice bike, but wanted something more fun. Prior to the vrod I had Triumph TT600, so this is a bit different than what I been on. Don't know what I want to do to the bike long term, but slip on's and an undertail will be something I want to do.

20140725_124841.jpg

Screenshot_2015-06-06-19-01-26.jpg

Nice!! Considering the cost, slip ons are not a good choice. a couple of hundred more and you can get a 4 into 1 and seriously lighten the weight of the bike.

Nice!! Considering the cost, slip ons are not a good choice. a couple of hundred more and you can get a 4 into 1 and seriously lighten the weight of the bike.

superzuki2012 couldnt be more right!!!! One of the first things I did when I bought my 06 new was to put 2 brothers slip ons on the bike. It cost me over $600 and was a total waste. I didnt understand at the time but I found out. Aside from getting nothing in hp from it obviously, the bracket in the back broke 2 times because of a weak metal used. I ended up getting a brock alien head for 1k later the next year. So i wasted the first bunch of money. Live and learn. Please just spend the money and get a good complete system. the advantages are....
1. your bike will loose weight.
2. if you go with brock you get a map to go with the power commander and pipe. and its not a bad map as i understand it.
3. whatever you might end up doing to the motor in upgrades you will have an exhaust that wont hold you back in performance.

Slip-on's are OK for a little weight gain, better sound and an easy mod to do.
Both my Busa's and B-King started off that way.

Full system is more expensive but as said, you get better gains.

I do find Busa's and B-King run fine with just a change of can's but I'd budget for a PC or ECU flash if I was going for a full system.

Another early mod I do to faired Busa's is a double bubble screen.
Maybe a fraction more protection, but if your tall and like to ride pulled up to the tank when turning up the pace a little, it lets you see the clocks!

image.jpg
image hosting 15mb

MUST HAVE'S for me are a tank pad, a radiator guard, paddock stand bobbins, Yoshi cans and double bubble screens.

That's was a pretty sweet looking Musclerod:thumbsup:

I got an 07 Nightrod and a Gen1 busa. I enjoy both styles of bikes and the different rides they provide. If I had 2 choose 1 I'd pick my busa but I'm very fortunate and blessed that i don't have to.

Thanks everyone for the input and responses. about the exhaust tho, i wanted the slipons for just little sound. Not looking to do full system for a few reasons, 1 I'm not looking for more Hp, I didnt pick the Busa to go full throttle crazy it has way more than i need. I didnt get rid of the vrod because of engine performance, it ran great. I want more fun in the twisties. 2 few hundred more for full system is gonna need power commander so thats few more hundre more. So now im doubling the cost of slipons. And thank you about the color, i could have gone with a 2015 for another $1,500 but i like the red better and it looks great in the sun. Tony, thank you, i definitely wanted a double bubble too. Forgot about it.

You would not have to get a power commander, you could just have the ECU reflashed for $50.

Nice! :welcome: to the org!

I test rode a V-rod when I was thinking about another motorcycle and there is no comparison to the Busa!

. I want more fun in the twisties.

Nevermind the horsepower gained from a full system,think of the weight loss. That alone is worth it. If you want to have more fun in the twisties,dropping 40lbs+ by getting rid of the heavy OEM exhaust with cats will pay dividends in the handling department,that is something you will definitely FEEL while riding..and ECU flash vs PCV is a no brainer.

As the title says, traded in on a new '14 leftover. had my vrod for 1 year but wasn't really enjoying it. Nice bike, but wanted something more fun. Prior to the vrod I had Triumph TT600, so this is a bit different than what I been on. Don't know what I want to do to the bike long term, but slip on's and an undertail will be something I want to do.

I recall test riding a V-Rod before I bought my 750 about 15 years ago. The highlight? I barely was turning, and started to scrape the sole of my right shoe. Nope, nope, nope. I would've never gotten the high I got when I first scraped peg and took the virginity of my Dainese 1 piece's knee pucks on my 750.

Guess that's what Harley riders do, scrape soles and not pegs.

I know you're a seasoned rider, keep in mind you can't twist the wrist like you did with the V-Rod coming out of corners with Big Bird, especially with the crappy stock Bridgestones. I ran 36f 36r PSI. The manual says 42 is...not for the best traction. If you're modest with the throttle, I got over 4k/miles.

Try these suspension settings for the '12 model. The only difference is ABS and colors '13 and up.

Suggested Sport Bike Motorcycle Suspension Settings | Sport Rider

The stock suspension is way too soft. Such a MAJOR improvement after I did that to my bike, substantial increase in stability while in a turn, turn-in more confidence inspiring, and fork doesn't bottom out. I'm like you, I enjoy the turns, and wished I did it sooner.

I wasn't looking for a Busa, wanted a commute bike. But when you find a brand new one, 0 miles, left over stock, and they're asking less than the 600 Supersports, what do you do?

Welcome to the bike that started its own segment in motorcycling's history!!!

36 36 is way too low on pressure for street need to be 40 40 roughly. As for suspension i wouldn't follow that link above at all. Use the search feature on here we have an excellent guide to setting suspension on our big girls. let me see if i can find it for you...

Back