Your thoughts

Thanks for the admission to the forum. - Although I don't currently own a Busa , I once rode on a Bus. I'm a seasoned rider and a partial list of previous bikes owned include : Vrods , a fatbob special 114 , a Triumph rocket 3 - 2020 , Yamaha Stryker , magna, and currently own a triumph t120 bonneville. Forever, my heart has owned a Busa though, and now I want one so bad I can taste it . The other day I drove 50 miles one way just to sit on one at a dealer . I also test sat a Valk. My only concern is that at 66 I might kill myself as I am a genuine speed addict . Never been down though on any of my dozen plus bikes over the 12 years I've been riding. My question is this -- Will the Busa fit me ? I'm 5 7 , weigh about 210 lbs . Love the feel of the bike and confident I could ride it but wondering.... the steering is so short - what is the turn radius ? Do you all take wide turns or was it just my imagination sitting there on the bike ? .. I know the Busa is a straight shot rocket, kinda like my old vrods were , but sooner or later ya gotta turn . Thanks in advance for your answers.

Welcome...

First and foremost the Hayabusa is a sport bike and handles like one.....it also corners like one. It does good in a straight line but does equally as good in corners. It will scrape the pegs easily enough in corners.....it's like a fat GSXR in that regard and will easily outhandle any of the bikes in your list without breaking a sweat.

At your height you should be fine, you sat on one, how was that?

Stopped turning radius is the same on all sport bikes and this one is no different, you get good at "back peddling" to get it maneuvered around in parking spots and such.

As for power and speed, like all things your right wrist controls this, ride it how you feel, it is very docile at low speeds and you could technically ride it around under 50 all day with zero complaints from it.

:welcome:to the forum!
The only way you'll know is by owning one

buy-now-GIF.gif

To put in perspective, 12 years riding experience at the age of 66 classifies you as a newbie.
Remember… speed does not kill, it’s the lack of control in the brain and the body that kills!
All the best with your search for the Busa, it’s nice to have one but it’s sensational to ride one!

I’m the high side of 60, bad arthritis, a hernia, lazy valve in my heart and other wonderful things bike and work related.

A Busa is just a big Sportsbike, it’ll put the bikes you’ve owned and listed to shame when you turn up the pace. I live surrounded by fast twisty country roads, mountains and dams. I love riding the Busa and playing with smaller Sportsbikes.

That's why I've found it pointless to argue with anyone online anymore about what this bike is capable of. It's always children in there 20's that ahve never ridden one.
I've ridden the wheels off mine a few times and it never let me down.....I've surprised people on seemingly more capable bikes who have commented that they always thought the Hayabusa was just a good straight line bike and never knew it could handle like it does...

I believe if one knows their own limitations as well as their bike's, they will be a lot better off.

I've ridden the wheels off mine a few times and it never let me down.....I've surprised people on seemingly more capable bikes who have commented that they always thought the Hayabusa was just a good straight line bike and never knew it could handle like it does...

I believe if one knows their own limitations as well as their bike's, they will be a lot better off.
People just repeat what they heard someone else say without actually having ridden a Busa.

Back