Overkill? Your thoughts

I also heard today from a few folks that I shouldnt let him go on the bike at all if he has to have that much gear on....
Did these people ride?

Passenger should be as equiped as if they were the sole rider.
Non riders, folks that just think that if you have to put on that much gear your shouldnt be on a bike in the first place.
Never take advise from non riders! You know whats best for your son and you did what made you feel comfortable. Don't second guess yourself.

Whats that old saying?....its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. and I'm sure he will need all of it.

ThumbsUp.gif
for wanting to protect your child. My lil one is covered from head to toe when he rides with his dad and the rest can kiss my lilly white if'n they don't like it!

You did the right thing Cap
clap.gif

clap.gif

.....Last year Memorial day weekend my parents were in a motorcycle accident on their Goldwing.  They were wearing their helmets and thats it....My dad had severe road rash on his entire right side, 3 cracked ribs, and a bruise from his knee to his hip......My mom on the other hand...her helmet smashed her glasses into her face cutting her face from the outside of her left eyebrow to the outside of her right eyebrow, tearing out her tear ducts....she has had 8 plastic surguries to fix her face and she is having wrist problem and back problems.......SO don't ever let anyone tell you that "its a Goldwing its safer than any other bike"  BullS***!!!!

clap.gif

worthless.gif
i gave you a high five for all the gear you got for the kid on the first page but now i wonder were are the pics man you being the Cap you know how this family is we want pics and more pics
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

worthless.gif
i gave you a high five for all the gear you got for the kid on the first page but now i wonder were are the pics man you being the Cap you know how this family is we want pics and more pics  
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif

beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
Pics coming tonight when we have a full dress rehersal....

beerchug.gif

Sounds like we have a consensus here.

I think you did the right thing, and I hope they have a GREAT time
beerchug.gif

super.gif
AM -->
JBradley0181 @ May 29 2008 said:
1431880[/ATTACH] AM]
worthless.gif
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif

beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
Oh and by the way i will be doing the same for my Grandson when he gets just a little older.
smile.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif
AM -->
JBradley0181 @ May 29 2008 said:
1431889[/ATTACH] AM]
worthless.gif
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif

beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
Nice, I am sure he will be excited to get all the gear, and have a dress rehersal

super.gif

beerchug.gif

Doug- no one knows your Dad's riding habits more than you likely, and I am sure if you had any doubt about his abilities that you would protect your son, rather than turn him loose. You have 2 worries, his ability, and the guys on the road. All you can do is protect him the best you can.

Please keep us posted.

Gear is good. My daughter had full gear as soon as she started getting serious about riding. Once I knew she'd be logging the miles, the gear was ordered. ATGATT. Learn it, Know it, Live by it.

My son and I even have full gear for the dirt. And I'm glad we do.
thumb_up.gif

Okay so the trip is over, they spent 3 days getting to flagstaff NM and then 7 days on the river going through the grand canyon. They finished the rafting trip and rode to the painted desert and to Carlsbad Caverns then home to OKC... My stress is over we did good.

Here is Evan geared out in front of the painted desert.....

cap

evan_painted.jpg

Okay so the trip is over, they spent 3 days getting to flagstaff NM and then 7 days on the river going through the grand canyon. They finished the rafting trip and rode to the painted desert and to Carlsbad Caverns then home to OKC... My stress is over we did good.

Here is Evan geared out in front of the painted desert.....

cap
Glad to hear he's back home! I bet he had tons of fun!!! And I know you felt more at ease knowing he had the proper gear! Good on ya!

Happy Father's Day, Doug!
beerchug.gif

Give your son our .org congrats on his first successful motorcycle trip.

I bet you feel good knowing he had good gear on for the ride.  I would.

beerchug.gif

That trip will stick with your son for the rest of his life. He was lucky to go, and even luckier to have a Dad and a Grandpa that give a ****.

Good on ya.

Back