Your thoughts on the election...

J'Man

Registered
I have to say more than anything I'm proud to see Americans stand up and say enough is enough. Regardless of whether you are Republican or Democrat it's nice to know enough people:

A) Believe government has gotten out of control
B) Is no longer listening to the people

I believe "We the people" are finally waking up from the slumber. I also believe if our representatives both Republican and Democrat don't keep the message all of them will be booted. :beerchug: Here's to hoping for real change in Washington. Now let's sit back and watch the show. :popcorn:

I'm sure going miss Nancy being the speaker of the house though.... :puke: not!

I'm glad to see such a great turnout to vote. Several key races in Floriduh were extremely close...spcifically the Governor race and the Senate race(Klein(D) vs. West(R)). Republican victories for both. With Palm Beach county being a majority Democratic county, it says something when a Republican wins!

Thanks to everyone who voted, regardless of affiliation! :thumbsup:

More people voted for American Idol than the leadership of our country so don't be too happy with the turnout.

As far as the results of the election I think the message was sent to Washington, President Obama even stated today that he has been hearing the message from citizens each day as he has been out campaigning...

The new elected officials need to just do the right thing regardless of the political offiliation. I tell you one person that doesn't get it and that is Harry Reid, his comment this morning was that he was not done fighting, unfortunately he opponents are the GOP and the interest of the citizens.. If I were a democrat I would be thinking very hard about what my constituants want now not what I thought they wanted before....

It is good to see some unification starting to spread across the country though....

cap

What are voters hoping for? The art of compromise looks dead already. The right leaders say so in many interviews this week. Do the voters on the right want the number one priority to make Obama a one term President?
Do you want them to spend tax money and time to begin investigations. I know there is a part of each of use that wants to attack the other side and investigate away. I wanted Bush investigated for torture, WMD, Iraq, etc. But they did the right thing and moved forward.
Does the Tea Party want us all to focus on jobs and spending or paybacks?

We will never fix things until we work for a middle ground. I don't know if there are any people in the middle anymore.
While Rome burns we may waste a lot of times playing games. If they really heard a message yesterday it was one of wake up and get to work. Instead it looks like they will spend time getting the upper hand on the other guy while we the people suffer.
Things must change, we must mature past sound bits.

Welcome to the Next Two Years of GOP Investigations

i think that most of us are in the middle. the problem is that our elected officials are not. this was not a Republican victory. in many ways this was a message for both parties.

i think that most of us are in the middle. the problem is that our elected officials are not. this was not a Republican victory. in many ways this was a message for both parties.

Agreed, I do think it was a good wake up call though... Lots of people now scrambling to be a part of a solution instead of shooting the finger and saying my way or the highway... The way things are now I'm not too sure that gridlock may be a good thing, let the country get back to healing instead of starting a lot of new programs...

Either way the president got the message cause he acknowledged it today...

Now we as the citizens need to agree on a few things to keep sending the message to Washington.

Agreed, I do think it was a good wake up call though... Lots of people now scrambling to be a part of a solution instead of shooting the finger and saying my way or the highway... The way things are now I'm not too sure that gridlock may be a good thing, let the country get back to healing instead of starting a lot of new programs...

Either way the president got the message cause he acknowledged it today...

Now we as the citizens need to agree on a few things to keep sending the message to Washington.

some people think that congress will be gridlocked for the next two years. Maybe, but I personally wish it had been gridlocked over "National Healthcare" and the $900 billion dollar stimulus.....

gridlock will be good for two reasons, we can see who is really trying to fix things. and replace the dead weight in another two years.

some people think that congress will be gridlocked for the next two years. Maybe, but I personally wish it had been gridlocked over "National Healthcare" and the $900 billion dollar stimulus.....

gridlock will be good for two reasons, we can see who is really trying to fix things. and replace the dead weight in another two years.

I am not very optimistic. We will never know who is trying and who is not. The vast Majority of people get their news from Cable News.
So if you are on the Right you watch Fox and they will blame the left for the gridlock. If you lean left, MSNBC and Oberman will blame the evil republicans.
We are Pawns in the game.

Compromise has become a bad word but it is what governing is all about.

I am not very optimistic. We will never know who is trying and who is not. The vast Majority of people get their news from Cable News.
So if you are on the Right you watch Fox and they will blame the left for the gridlock. If you lean left, MSNBC and Oberman will blame the evil republicans.
We are Pawns in the game.

Compromise has become a bad word but it is what governing is all about.

I think there are some things that are very clear right now... Exit polls from ALL news media not just Fox indicated that there was a huge turnout because of the heathcare package and jobs... Lets see if each official chooses to change the healthcare or defend it that will be the telling tale.

As far as jobs is concerned throwing dollars at the problem isnt working, we just made up some more money which will deflate the value of the cash you have now. Cutting is the key....

most people don't get thier news from cable propaganda channels...its the more hardcore,I will ignore the facts type of Dem. or Rep. that go to those outlets. they want to be reassured that thier opinions are correct.

most people get very little info at all....they watch network news, for 10 minutes bfore they fall asleep.

Olberman, one of MSNBC's big dogs....only gets 1 million viewers.

the answer is education, informed political discussion with your peers....we all need to change a little, the "its my way or the highway" mentality has to go.

most people don't get thier news from cable propaganda channels...its the more hardcore,I will ignore the facts type of Dem. or Rep. that go to those outlets. they want to be reassured that thier opinions are correct.

most people get very little info at all....they watch network news, for 10 minutes bfore they fall asleep.

Olberman, one of MSNBC's big dogs....only gets 1 million viewers.

the answer is education, informed political discussion with your peers....we all need to change a little, the "its my way or the highway" mentality has to go.

Agreed. I guess one good thing that came out of all the bad policies combined with stories of judges legislating from the bench is that many of my friends actually researched who they were voting for including the "non-partisan" positions this time. Like I said earlier, I think people at least for the moment have awaken from the slumber.

It's amazing how high unemployment seems to get everyone to pay closer attention to their elected officials. :laugh: I guess the million dollar question will be how long it will last if the economy gets better??

More people voted for American Idol than the leadership of our country so don't be too happy with the turnout.

As far as the results of the election I think the message was sent to Washington, President Obama even stated today that he has been hearing the message from citizens each day as he has been out campaigning...

The new elected officials need to just do the right thing regardless of the political offiliation. I tell you one person that doesn't get it and that is Harry Reid, his comment this morning was that he was not done fighting, unfortunately he opponents are the GOP and the interest of the citizens.. If I were a democrat I would be thinking very hard about what my constituants want now not what I thought they wanted before....

It is good to see some unification starting to spread across the country though....

cap

Yeah, Reid is completely out of touch. I have to question on how he even got re-elected. I guess when you have the unions in your pocket anything is possible.

I have to say though, I was just as frustrated at how McConnell was coming across today about being "defiant" after Obama's invite to sit down and discuss the economy, etc. I understand he feels like it's payback time now, but the people want Congress to work together in a non-partisan way and his arrogance is not going to help us. It's time for everyone to check their ego's at the door and just start getting things done in my opinion.

Last edited:
My view is this.... Elected officials shouldn't get to say what they think about the other politicians, thats our job. Their responsible to work together with the people that were voted into position just like they were from all over the country... As a citizen, less focus from the politicians on talk radio, interviews and press conferences talking down about the other politicians and more work.... If they would do more work there would be less time to stand around the water cooler and gossip....

Honestly I think they have actually forgotten how to do the job. I think if they were my employee and sat around complaining and wasting time I would fire them, they are there to get things done for the citizens not grandstand for their party....

cap

My view is this.... Elected officials shouldn't get to say what they think about the other politicians, thats our job. Their responsible to work together with the people that were voted into position just like they were from all over the country... As a citizen, less focus from the politicians on talk radio, interviews and press conferences talking down about the other politicians and more work.... If they would do more work there would be less time to stand around the water cooler and gossip....

Honestly I think they have actually forgotten how to do the job. I think if they were my employee and sat around complaining and wasting time I would fire them, they are there to get things done for the citizens not grandstand for their party....

cap

thats exactly the problem....they have spent so much time in Washington, they have forgotten that they work for us. It is partly our faults, because we re-elect these guys year after year....even when they do a crappy job.

Reid and Mcconnell have been there too long, and if they do not get with the program they can be replaced. the writing has been on the wall, and Washington needs to read, or get replaced.

What I have thought and have always thought on any given election: if you think you are changing the REAL core of what runs this country, or that any REAL change will happen based on your vote... you are a fool. The people who actually run the country and the world are NOT voted into office.

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws." Mater Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty
Posted via Mobile Device

Back