No Busa... What's your second choice?

It's been a while!

I have been out of the saddle for close to six years.
Okay It's a lie....
Been riding my HD's since I sold my 99 Gold Busa.
I am in the market for another rocket and am stuck on what to purchase.
I am looking at comfort, speed, quality in or about that order.
Right now I am torn between three bikes.
Hayabusa Limited
Kawabunga ZX12R
Honda CBR 1000RR

If you guys had to give up your Busa's what would be your second Gig?
My last rocket was the 99 Busa but it has been closed to six years.
Something inside says if I get another Busa, I won't be excited when I get the ##### home.

Well you are asking what is best out of the 3. Don't forget you are asking on a Busa site. I do not like the fit of the 12, I don't like the power of the Honda. So if I had to choose out of the bunch I guess I would not be riding. 12 is a good bike, but the bottom line is what fits you and what do you feel comfortable on, not what we feel...

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114293893 -->

Again, you're on a Busa site, so the opinions MIGHT be just a little biased.

Comfort is rather personal, what I find comfortable, you might hate. Sorry, you are on your own on this one. ( But I would look at an FJR1300 )

Build quality on both Honda & Suzuki is usually excellent. The Kawi's always seem to be a little rough around the edges. Not that that would stop me from having one, but it does drive some people crazy. As an aside, I would look at the ZX10 over the ZX12, but that's just me.

As far as speed goes, the rider will just about always be the deciding factor. They all make more than enough power.

Of course, I bought a Busa, smooth, fast, pretty comfortable, and very well supported by the aftermarket. Thiss way, at least it's easy to change what you don't like.

Happy shopping
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "fat fingers, slow keyboard"|1114296362 -->

Out of those 3 I would go with the RR simply because I dislike Kwaks.

Now for MY actual opinion, I just got my Busa and I got IT because I didn't like ANYTHING else out there. So if it was me, I would use the 11K on something besides a bike.

Would have to say that my second choice would be the 05 Gixx 1K. Sweet azz looking bike, once you get that ugly muffler off of her.

GXR 1K, or maybe a 10R........ Actually I intend to keep my Busa and buy one of these 1K's in the next year or so.

.............. something tells me there is a reason why you didn't have yer last busa very long ...........

Ask me in a few more days. A freind of mine is the mgr. at the local honda shop, and this sat., I pick up an 05 1000rr to demo for 3 days.
biggrin.gif

1st choice busa
2nd choice zx12

i have a 2004 fjr1300 and it is comfortable and pretty fast , you might want to check it out .some guys only ride the busa to 60 or 70% of it's potential , if you fall into this catagory  , look at the fjr for sure .
just dont break anything cause yamaha wont make good on the warranty .my tranny blew on a bone stock bike and yamha pulled their usual BS and didnt make good on the warranty

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114311645 -->

1st choice busa
2nd choice zx12[/QUOTE]

I agree, the only other real competition to the Busa is the ZX12R.

Say GM1300, are you going to get anther Busa?

apparently it's a ducati monster.. haha

hmmm... no busa... gosh I dunno.. probably either a rc51, or a aprilia rsv like whats-his-name got the other day.

consider this..
4Bhp More Than The Busa
Almost 50 Kg's Lesser Weight..
Miles Ahead Of the CBR1000rr

THIS IS THE GSXR 1000 (2005 Model)

gixxer_k5.JPG

Back