No Busa... What's your second choice?

It's been a while!

I have been out of the saddle for close to six years.
Okay It's a lie....
Been riding my HD's since I sold my 99 Gold Busa.
I am in the market for another rocket and am stuck on what to purchase.
I am looking at comfort, speed, quality in or about that order.
Right now I am torn between three bikes.
Hayabusa Limited
Kawabunga ZX12R
Honda CBR 1000RR

If you guys had to give up your Busa's what would be your second Gig?
My last rocket was the 99 Busa but it has been closed to six years.
Something inside says if I get another Busa, I won't be excited when I get the ##### home.
Have you considered the GSXR1000 K5
rock.gif
Fast. Agile. Good Looking. ...and its rated as the best liter bike (Source: BIKE Magazine, UK)

...and welcome to the board!!

It's been a while!

I have been out of the saddle for close to six years.
Okay It's a lie....
Been riding my HD's since I sold my 99 Gold Busa.
I am in the market for another rocket and am stuck on what to purchase.
I am looking at comfort, speed, quality in or about that order.
Right now I am torn between three bikes.
Hayabusa Limited
Kawabunga ZX12R
Honda CBR 1000RR

If you guys had to give up your Busa's what would be your second Gig?
My last rocket was the 99 Busa but it has been closed to six years.
Something inside says if I get another Busa, I won't be excited when I get the ##### home.
I came off of a long line of Kawasaki's, mixed in with alot of everything else. I was leaning towards the ZX-12R cause' I was kinda a Kawi guy.....but after riding all those peaky bikes I wanted something with some torque. I did have to get used to the Busa's solid freight train pull instead of my previous Kawi's bog-shift, bog-shift, bog then bammm! type of acceleration. But now that I've adjusted its sooo relaxing to be able to leave the shifter alone and still have all the instant power I need. I doubt I'll ever go back to rowing a gearbox again
wink.gif
I really think it all depends upon what you want tho...out of the 2 other bikes besides the Busa on your list, if you wanna sport-tour then I guess the 12 would be the ticket. For more sport dedicated riding (track days, hanging with the other liters ect), the CBR would prolly be the way to go. Personally I think if you really enjoy riding then whatever you get, as long as it has two wheels, you'll prolly enjoy. Good luck with your decision...and remember to just have fun
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

well,ive got busa and a 12,and other then several cr 500's i have never owned a honda,but there is something about that 1000rr all black of course,that appeals to me,probably won't ever own one,but it's on my wish list,right below a new in the crate 1985 gs1150e blue/white i also want a......

Say GM1300, are  you going to get anther Busa?
yes ! my hand is still in a splint and i already went to look at busa's yesterday.

the dealer near me has an 05 LE that they are going to uncrate on monday or tuesday . once i see it in person
i will make my choice . i will either get the LE or another
05 black and silver .

plus i get the verdict from the inurance company on monday on wether or not the busa is a total

i only put 560 miles on my busa until it got wrecked but i loved it

My choice would be a Yamaha FZ1, my friend has one and it's great, I love the riding posistion decent power 145 hp lighter weight and great handling.

Well I have a buddy that has a cbr1krr. I have rode with him many times and my Busa will walk off and leave him......however the power of the honda is nothing to laff it it is a bad litre bike. The look of the zx10 makes me wanna puke when I see it and I don't like the feel of the R1 so from experience on the honda I would take it next to the busa. I dunno I take that back......it would be a toss up between the new gixxer1k or the cbr. But it'd be one of the two. The only downfall of the cbr is thats its sure not built for comfort. That might be the factor that put me on the gixxer.

Don't know what to tell 'ya! Maybe the GSXR 1k, but maybe not. Haven't sat on a 12 or the Honda, so don't know what they feel like but from others opinions it would probably be the 1k. Good luck!

IF there was no busa today and I was ready to buy, I'd get the 05 GSXR1000

The Honda Grand RR sits a bit too agressively for me.  I'm old and feeble and need a bit more upright riding position.

The 12r would be my choice.  It fits me to a tee and, even though down 100cc, it's within an arm's reach of the Busa in quickness and fastness.

Like the color better too...

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Steve

<!--EDIT|Aughtsix
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114364187 -->

Stop with the gixxer1k...Thats not comfort!

This guy needs a zzr-1200, hands down. The FJR is too toury looking.

The zzr1200, NOT the zx12R. And frankly, after his HD riding, - he might really appreciate the zrx-1200.

Look these bikes up...and I would like to know why "NOT a Busa??"

Okay I took the plunge!
My new 05 LE will be here within three weeks.
Don't get me wrong, I loved my 99 (photo).
It just seems a little wierd to buy the same bike again.
(Heck I had the 99 when the Pentium II was still a hot machine)
Here is how it went down.
05 Grey \ Black Busa in stock and out the door for $9995.00 - Nice ride....But I love the stealthy look of the LE.

05 Ltd ed " Full Retail " price!

Though I did get him to throw in the Suzuki \ Shoei matching helmet with LE colors.

I am back in the club gentlemen!!

In a few weeks anyway.
beerchug.gif

Haya99.jpg

I'm thinking GOLDWING! Have you been on one of these? Your not going to beat the comfort and the thing rocks in the twisties. (for a 700+ lb touring bike)
Other than the busa...maybe the 12 or the gix 1000.

Back