Turbo build

The arp stuff that came with the rods and studs

View attachment 1652319
Ape for me, guess I will use the stuff they sent with these cheap carrillo rods

PXL_20220626_201354318.jpg

If u measure at 24, you can’t torque it to 35 and expect the same clearance. You gotta measure it at the torque you plan on using. That’s what I was trying to say. And beyond 35 distorts the bores I think jay at ape said.

I was gonna use the ape stud with the arp torque stuff (some came with the rods) but then I found a deal on arp studs cheaper, money talks lol

I have made no progress, got two more parts in the mail but they just sitting

image.jpg

If u measure at 24, you can’t torque it to 35 and expect the same clearance. You gotta measure it at the torque you plan on using. That’s what I was trying to say. And beyond 35 distorts the bores I think jay at ape said.

I was gonna use the ape stud with the arp torque stuff (some came with the rods) but then I found a deal on arp studs cheaper, money talks lol

I have made no progress, got two more parts in the mail but they just sitting

View attachment 1652785
Yeah. I read that. Then I got into all that bolt stretch from corrillio rod wrong torque spec stuff from 2010. But oe is 25 and ape is 32-35, means oe is allowing for bolt stretch? Or 35 isn't enough lb to put out round. I have oe bolts still in, going to take #'s. Then I put ape stud and see what happens.

That's the logic conclusion but m9 and 9mm are not the same thing. And it seems to be an odd size. Listing by socket size would make more sense. And seems to be listed like this in other places also.

View attachment 1652792

View attachment 1652793
I was thinking misprint and 9mm was 10 torque 24 and 10mm was 12 torque 37. But the oe is looked to be torque 24 on 12mm crankcase not 37 so....

Did the bearings get out of round at 35lb?
And what's the max torque on OEM bolt 24 ftlb?
All bearings are wider at the seam of the two shells so vertical clearance is the primary measurement. 23 ft lbs is stock torque. I’m staying at 30ftlbs Instead of 35.....that last 5 ftlbs Makes a noticeable decrease In vertical clearance. 30 lbs appears not to distort every thing severely in my opinion. At 35 I’d probably opt to have the case align honed. I,m not looking for 500 hp though

All bearings are wider at the seam of the two shells so vertical clearance is the primary measurement. 23 ft lbs is stock torque. I’m staying at 30ftlbs Instead of 35.....that last 5 ftlbs Makes a noticeable decrease In vertical clearance. 30 lbs appears not to distort every thing severely in my opinion. At 35 I’d probably opt to have the case align honed. I,m not looking for 500 hp though
I would like to hear from someone that has had the case line honed. The super small window in bearing sizes could turn bad real quick. .016 max window in bearings

I would like to hear from someone that has had the case line honed. The super small window in bearing sizes could turn bad real quick. .016 max window in bearings
I have not measured my cases in a long time

Promod studs torqued to 35
they were line honed to perfectly round at that torque

I am at .0032 with Yellow bearings
and a Crank that measured 1.5744 ±.0002

Mine crank is at 1.5743
I am at .0020 and .0022 oil on main with 3 black and 2 brown But have not too actual clearance of rods yet. Hoping for around .0030. if not will try yellow. .0030 is a lot but I know it works. What your rod oil measure I assume clearance is larger than main. I talked to a builder yesterday, he torques his stud at 24, knowing it suppose to be 32-35

Do you remember what your rod oil clearance is. Looking for testimony from people that run them that large with power adder and had success and longevity of the motors. Thanks

Do you remember what your rod oil clearance is. Looking for testimony from people that run them that large with power adder and had success and longevity of the motors. Thanks
I don't remember Crank was repaired once and at the time that jornal was repaired Everthing was polished and 4 years later I had a coolant in my oil issue the crank was polished again, so I will dig thru my notes. But I bet crank throws are on low limit , And my Carrillos measure exactly what my card says so I can find that

I don't remember Crank was repaired once and at the time that jornal was repaired Everthing was polished and 4 years later I had a coolant in my oil issue the crank was polished again, so I will dig thru my notes. But I bet crank throws are on low limit , And my Carrillos measure exactly what my card says so I can find that
You see what I'm saying, the measures are so small on 4 different size bearings the hone could put them too far out to be used. Most people I have talked to seem to worry more about top and bottom clearance. And I understand but you have to aim for perfect, if you don't get it you should be closer.

What was coolant issue. Head gasket? Thanks

Back