Getting the itch to build a RCC Turbo 650hp+ Hayabusa.

I like the twisties too much. I know that doesn't fit with the typical turbo setup, but that is why I was shooting for 230 or so horse initially. Who knows, maybe I get a nice 1K for the track, and stretch this one out.

I will tell you, it was a blast spanking a duc every session at the track last saturday after he made a smart ass comment about it not being a drag track!

I've had that same itch , but I can't even afford to go to the doctor to fix it :whistle:

After looking at this RCC Turbo Hayabusa on youtube, I am starting to get the itch to now want to have another hayabusa built. I can never get enough of that black on black. It's beautiful and with a turbo added that just make things more addicting. I better get some information from you guys on who is good for building motors because I know Jerry Cooper is well known.
- ‪RCC Turbo Hayabusa 1‬‏[/url]

The bike in the video is a friend of mine. I'll be making some upgrades to it here in a few weeks. It made 618hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike in the video is a friend of mine. I'll be making some upgrades to it here in a few weeks. It made 618hp.
That is some bike,nice cockpit,now thats blacked out,i love that bike.Ihope i dont get the turbo bug again.That extended tail looks sweet,when i went w/6over i was going to put one of those babies on but it didnt look like a good fitso i kept it stock,but i like that one :thumbsup:By the way what else can you do to that bike ,618hp isnt that enough.

That's member Destin07's motorcycle. From what I read he has been having a lot of problems with the bike so that's why he is really selling.

That's member Destin07's motorcycle. From what I read he has been having a lot of problems with the bike so that's why he is really selling.

He's not selling it because of the problems it's having which are going to be fixed here in a few weeks. He's selling it because he bought a house, and it does not have a garage yet, and it's stored 3 hours away from where he lives. So he really doesn't have the time, or the place to work on it.

He's not selling it because of the problems it's having which are going to be fixed here in a few weeks. He's selling it because he bought a house, and it does not have a garage yet, and it's stored 3 hours away from where he lives. So he really doesn't have the time, or the place to work on it.

I'm sure cooper can have it fixed and back running in a week for him.

Guys,
I am glad someone actually looks at that video because it is actually my bike!!!! Now for the truth about the bike and why I will sell it. This bike is my DREAM DREAM bike and I put the complete bike together except for letting Jerry Cooper build the motor. This bike has every part I can think of except a motec and is essentially a prostreet bike in a street chassis IMO. I spend a TON of money not only on all the parts but spend a TON of money on all the detailed parts such as wheels, paint, gauges, pegs, gas cap, powder coat ect.....all the little stuff that brings out the character and completes a bike. Everyone knows after a ground up build unless a guy like Richard at RCC or a few other builders does the work there are going to by kinks that need to be worked out. From the time the bike rolled of the dyno till i put 179 miles on it it ran 150% and hauled some serious ass. The next time I pulled it out the fuel pressure started going crazy and the bike began to vapor lock.....it was 100 degrees outside and the fuel pump was mounted on top of the motor. Two weeks later I moved and purchased a home and had no garage. I ended up keeping the bike indoors in a climate controlled storage areas and for a period of a year only put about 5 miles on the bike. Then last year I moved it about 3 hours away to a relatives home so I wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit. Over the past year I have had the bike cranked once every month and keep a battery tender on it. This bike obviously has a problem which I have been very open about and If I could sell it this afternoon the list below is what I tell the new owner

1. Put fresh fuel lines on the bike, a new fuel filter and a relocate the pump to the rear to avoid vapor locking
2. I have header locking bolts that I would apply because the GT40 is such a large turbo and with street riding it will loosen up on you
3. Have the AMS 1000 converted to CO2 instead of manifold pressure
4. Re-program the A/F gauge because I unhooked the battery and messed up the programming
5. Cut a link out of the chain as it has stretched because the bike has about 1000 miles on it since the build
6. pull injectors to clean "as of 6-5-2011 I cranked the bike and due to fuel sitting in tank for a year the bike idled funny.......it obviously has a gummed up injector.

IMO non of these above mentioned items are huge labor problems or serious issues...its not like it has a piston slap, or been crashed or any serious flaw that would prevent it from running 100%. This is an honest case of me building a groundup bike and right at the time it needed to have the final kinks worked out I bought a new home and purschased a travel car and took upon a new job. So at this moment I cannot transport the bike, have no garage or tools to work on it and would have to have the bike shipped to have the issues worked out. Believe me if the bike was in my possession and I had tools and a garage I would get it done.......hell I build the whole bike myself in the first place. The bike is still for sale and I do not advertise hard because I hardly have anytime other than work. Any serious buyer is welcome to PM for contact info and see the bike for themselves. I also have a booklet of receipts and I'm sure Jerry Cooper can back up any claims along with the tuner who tuned the bike. Bike was tuned bike in May of 2009 in Alabama and made 618HP on a 90 degree day and 349HP on 93 octane on 14lb boost......I didn't get the 18lb chart on pump but I believe it was 393HP......these are pulls on a 240 tire also. If someone is willing to do some basic maintence to get the bike 100% then they would essentialy be buying a 100% brand new built turbo bike that is the best money can buy IMO. I don't think there is another bike like this on the market or I havent seen one. I understand the drop in value of bikes and I am not trying to get rich selling the bike but anybody who would want to build anything like this remotely could save about $20K if they purschased my bike. Building these bikes isn't any cheaper now that it was 2 years ago and If I could have found one for sale with the parts I wanted I would have bought it. I am willing to work with any serious buyer and want them to understand everything about the bike and what they are getting......nobody hiding anything hear. Doesn't make much sense to me to spend $2000 in freight and labor to have the bike fixed and then have it sit 3 hours away and get to ride it 4-6 times a year. If I was in a position to build a garage right now I would be riding the bike 10K miles a year like I use to.
Thanks,
Destin

Guys,
I am glad someone actually looks at that video because it is actually my bike!!!! Now for the truth about the bike and why I will sell it. This bike is my DREAM DREAM bike and I put the complete bike together except for letting Jerry Cooper build the motor. This bike has every part I can think of except a motec and is essentially a prostreet bike in a street chassis IMO. I spend a TON of money not only on all the parts but spend a TON of money on all the detailed parts such as wheels, paint, gauges, pegs, gas cap, powder coat ect.....all the little stuff that brings out the character and completes a bike. Everyone knows after a ground up build unless a guy like Richard at RCC or a few other builders does the work there are going to by kinks that need to be worked out. From the time the bike rolled of the dyno till i put 179 miles on it it ran 150% and hauled some serious ass. The next time I pulled it out the fuel pressure started going crazy and the bike began to vapor lock.....it was 100 degrees outside and the fuel pump was mounted on top of the motor. Two weeks later I moved and purchased a home and had no garage. I ended up keeping the bike indoors in a climate controlled storage areas and for a period of a year only put about 5 miles on the bike. Then last year I moved it about 3 hours away to a relatives home so I wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit. Over the past year I have had the bike cranked once every month and keep a battery tender on it. This bike obviously has a problem which I have been very open about and If I could sell it this afternoon the list below is what I tell the new owner

1. Put fresh fuel lines on the bike, a new fuel filter and a relocate the pump to the rear to avoid vapor locking
2. I have header locking bolts that I would apply because the GT40 is such a large turbo and with street riding it will loosen up on you
3. Have the AMS 1000 converted to CO2 instead of manifold pressure
4. Re-program the A/F gauge because I unhooked the battery and messed up the programming
5. Cut a link out of the chain as it has stretched because the bike has about 1000 miles on it since the build
6. pull injectors to clean "as of 6-5-2011 I cranked the bike and due to fuel sitting in tank for a year the bike idled funny.......it obviously has a gummed up injector.

IMO non of these above mentioned items are huge labor problems or serious issues...its not like it has a piston slap, or been crashed or any serious flaw that would prevent it from running 100%. This is an honest case of me building a groundup bike and right at the time it needed to have the final kinks worked out I bought a new home and purschased a travel car and took upon a new job. So at this moment I cannot transport the bike, have no garage or tools to work on it and would have to have the bike shipped to have the issues worked out. Believe me if the bike was in my possession and I had tools and a garage I would get it done.......hell I build the whole bike myself in the first place. The bike is still for sale and I do not advertise hard because I hardly have anytime other than work. Any serious buyer is welcome to PM for contact info and see the bike for themselves. I also have a booklet of receipts and I'm sure Jerry Cooper can back up any claims along with the tuner who tuned the bike. Bike was tuned bike in May of 2009 in Alabama and made 618HP on a 90 degree day and 349HP on 93 octane on 14lb boost......I didn't get the 18lb chart on pump but I believe it was 393HP......these are pulls on a 240 tire also. If someone is willing to do some basic maintence to get the bike 100% then they would essentialy be buying a 100% brand new built turbo bike that is the best money can buy IMO. I don't think there is another bike like this on the market or I havent seen one. I understand the drop in value of bikes and I am not trying to get rich selling the bike but anybody who would want to build anything like this remotely could save about $20K if they purschased my bike. Building these bikes isn't any cheaper now that it was 2 years ago and If I could have found one for sale with the parts I wanted I would have bought it. I am willing to work with any serious buyer and want them to understand everything about the bike and what they are getting......nobody hiding anything hear. Doesn't make much sense to me to spend $2000 in freight and labor to have the bike fixed and then have it sit 3 hours away and get to ride it 4-6 times a year. If I was in a position to build a garage right now I would be riding the bike 10K miles a year like I use to.
Thanks,
Destin

:thumbsup:

Back