how much does it cost to build/tune a turbo?

LeDauz

Registered
ok broad question but go with it. everything based on RCC 99-07 hayabusa models. This is just asking for aprox cost of installing and tuning and should not take into account the cost of the kit. This question is merely to inform people on the often none displayed cost of puting on a turbo kit and having it tuned.

stage one rcc?(just basic package)

stage two rcc?( basic package)

stage two rcc?( with water injection/intercooler)

stage Hayabusa Street/Strip kit ?(basic package)

stage Hayabusa Street/Strip kit ?(with Onboard datalogging and wideband O2,Second cooling fan)

stage Hayabusa Ultra Kit ?

stage Hayabusa Super Ultra Kit ?

Last edited:
the installation labor time and tunning time wouldn't be this specific. As an example, I couldn't imagine a shop charging more for a super ultra vs an ultra since the only difference would be the size of the turbo.

The big difference is the labor and tunning costs based on what's being done. You can break this down into 5 groups. Any combination of these groups increases the costs.

1. turbo kit
2. intercooling
3. engine/trans work
4. electronics
5. tune

ok broad question but go with it. everything based on RCC 99-07 hayabusa models. This is just asking for aprox cost of installing and tuning and should not take into account the cost of the kit. This question is merely to inform people on the often none displayed cost of puting on a turbo kit and having it tuned.

stage one rcc?(just basic package)

stage two rcc?( basic package)

stage two rcc?( with water injection/intercooler)

stage Hayabusa Street/Strip kit ?(basic package)

stage Hayabusa Street/Strip kit ?(with Onboard datalogging and wideband O2,Second cooling fan)

stage Hayabusa Ultra Kit ?

stage Hayabusa Super Ultra Kit ?
your looking at anywhere from $1000-$1300 for an install of any of these kits....then another $300-$600 for tuning and final touches

so about 1500-2000$ for a complete install and tune of turbo aplications? For any quotes outside of this range please post quote and reason behind price variation; while keeping in mind this is a range that should take into account differences such as electronics installing/intercoolers installing/engine work/tune and NOT the cost of the kit its self.

As this is to inform the cost of a build/tune with out the kit, so others have a better understanding of the funds needed to comlete a turbo hayabusa after purchaseing the kit

If you have basic wrench skillz you should be able to install yourself and save money. Me...once going in the motor, abit out of my skillz thu.
For a single map tune....around $250-350. IT will go up with a more complex set up and say a second drag track map to tune.

so about 1500-2000$ for a complete install and tune of turbo aplications? For any quotes outside of this range please post quote and reason behind price variation; while keeping in mind this is a range that should take into account differences such as electronics installing/intercoolers installing/engine work/tune and NOT the cost of the kit its self.

As this is to inform the cost of a build/tune with out the kit, so others have a better understanding of the funds needed to comlete a turbo hayabusa after purchaseing the kit

Usually 800-1000 to install any kit, then 300-600 for tuning which would include race fuels, multiple maps and any problems you don't expect...800-1200 for engine building labor....some might charge 1200 to build a motor if they have to pull
it out and put it back in the bike while others might charge $1500. Any electronics such as boost controllers ect are usually $300 per item. Usually stage 1 would be around $1200 if u let someone else do it...stage 2 could be similar....then when you get into bigger power your looking at 1500-2000 for install and tuning not including electronics. It's all relative really.like rod said turbo kits are very easy to
put on I think

Once you start making big hp and you want to cover all your bases you will drop 7k-10k on the moto and 10k+ on the turbo kit....by the time you travel, ship, work problems out ect....you WILL spend close to 25k....then add in the price of your bike, wheels brakes custom stuff... You easily have 40k+EASY. Pretty funny how people complain and try to Jew down bike prices until they price a build out.

Once you start making big hp and you want to cover all your bases you will drop 7k-10k on the moto and 10k+ on the turbo kit....by the time you travel, ship, work problems out ect....you WILL spend close to 25k....then add in the price of your bike, wheels brakes custom stuff... You easily have 40k+EASY. Pretty funny how people complain and try to Jew down bike prices until they price a build out.
you should see the jaw drop when they want a 700cid monster motor and they get the bill for just "port work" on the heads... $20-40G's just on heads... cha-ching....

you should see the jaw drop when they want a 700cid monster motor and they get the bill for just "port work" on the heads... $20-40G's just on heads... cha-ching....

thats just utterly ****ing stupid. I read an article the other day with a builder that had crate 705 Big blocks that made like 985HP on pump gas and the whole long block was $45K and he said expect 5000 miles out of it before a rebuild. Kinda makes you feel alot better about building a turbo busa

Reactions: Zee
thats just utterly ****ing stupid. I read an article the other day with a builder that had crate 705 Big blocks that made like 985HP on pump gas and the whole long block was $45K and he said expect 5000 miles out of it before a rebuild. Kinda makes you feel alot better about building a turbo busa

would be ok for a street motor.. :laugh: these mills might run a weekend without a tear down.. you can buy a reliable 1500hp monster motor for around $40-45G (they even come with warranties of all things).. it is when you start pushing for the 1600hp+ and up N/A that things start getting really really $$

I for one still find the bikes more interesting.. I mean you take a 80CI motor and make it spit out 300hp full of stock parts? 2.75-3.0 HP per cubic inch?

I think it is amazing... and the price? $2500 for a turbo kit? I love it!

Next in line? the F1 motors.... wow, just wow! 3L, 20,000 RPM and 1000hp? without any forced induction.... that is unreal to me... but I bet the price of that engine is utterly breathtaking....

this is exactly what people fail to realize when they first say I wanna make 500hp. :beerchug:

would be ok for a street motor.. :laugh: these mills might run a weekend without a tear down.. you can buy a reliable 1500hp monster motor for around $40-45G (they even come with warranties of all things).. it is when you start pushing for the 1600hp+ and up N/A that things start getting really really $$

I for one still find the bikes more interesting.. I mean you take a 80CI motor and make it spit out 300hp full of stock parts? 2.75-3.0 HP per cubic inch?

I think it is amazing... and the price? $2500 for a turbo kit? I love it!

Next in line? the F1 motors.... wow, just wow! 3L, 20,000 RPM and 1000hp? without any forced induction.... that is unreal to me... but I bet the price of that engine is utterly breathtaking....

yeah no doubt the F1 would be killer. One day I would like to build a blown 67-69 camaro....thinking 454 or something around that area with a big ass weiand blower sticking out the hood....be a fun 800HP pump gas car

Originally Posted by Destin07
Once you start making big hp and you want to cover all your bases you will drop 7k-10k on the moto and 10k+ on the turbo kit....by the time you travel, ship, work problems out ect....you WILL spend close to 25k

Custom goodies aside how much would it cost to get the engine ready to take these kinds of kits?

I know studs, cams, ect. But what doesn't come with the kits that might be needed to get the most out of the kits? and how much would it cost aprox to get that work done?(apply to any of the above kits that may apply)

It's all based on a persons budget. A basic kit will cost you say 1k extra in labor/tune. It's not the additional labor costs that go way up when doing a super ultra kit but the parts and tunning add the huge price tag.

Any one thinking turbo kit should first determine their actual budget. If you don't then you end up putting alot more money in than anticipated.

Last edited:
Back