How much does a penny cost?

I cant under stand why the still are making the penny's and nickels.

They don't wear out.

I hope the don't stop using the penny's and nickels, because if they go to rounding it off, that will mean some thing costing $1.06 it will cost $1.10:banghead:

Then the price of every thing will go up.
Gurrera

Way to tackle the tough issues we face :whistle:

I will applaud them for looking outside of the box as it were, but I think they are digging in the wrong place to find savings. Sadly they will not look in the right place, Congress that is... and each and every single one of them can do it most any hour of the day, they all have a portal into the magic place ..... a mirror :whistle:

seriously though, coins for $1 and $2 are used all around the world, coins last much longer and are probably still easier/cost effective to make. After all we can melt them down and reuse them...old paper currency gets burned :wtf:

Want some seriously interesting visual aides into how bad our currency is doing? Go look at xe.com and pull some comparisons over 5 and 10yrs of the Aussie $, Canadian $, British Pound and Euro against the USD. Not even 10yrs ago the USD was worth 2x an AUD and more than the Euro...quite the opposite today. :banghead:

I cant under stand why the still are making the penny's and nickels.

They don't wear out.

I hope the don't stop using the penny's and nickels, because if they go to rounding it off, that will mean some thing costing $1.06 it will cost $1.10:banghead:

Then the price of every thing will go up.
Gurrera

Coins dont wear out? Serious? Ever seen green pennies, crusty pennies, dinged up pennies?
I used to work for the Federal Reserve Bank and do you know the average life of a 20 dollar bill is an avg of 6 months while in circulation? Its gets shredded if it doesn't meet the standards of 7 sensors on a currency processing machine.

Back