ZX11 efi turbo build

200.gif

I'm putting an efi kit on my zx11....it's dustin Moody's kit for zrx/zx .....he also build a turbo plenum for me.

The rest of it will be on a low budget build for me..I want to do it myself for fun....not that there's any kits for this model anyway....so I am running some cheap China turbo and bov.....I got my dump pipe off a Nissan 240sx . ...I will upgrade the cheaper stuff to better brands over time......the bmw cooler was only 50 used,the bigger quality items and most money was spend on plenum and efi setup......I really want a smart ecu and efi if I'm going to turbo it

A street bike with a lsr run on a Mexican highway somewhere......haha,jkin

Here I had my sbm 1166cc block on...I'm going to use it on my turbo build later,when I install carillo rods.....I was going to run it now,but don't like to turbo the heavier pistons on stock rods....even though forged is better,I'm running stock for now....with a .060 spacer plate

I'm running secondary injectors,815cc total,microsquirt v3....quadspark to zx10 coil on plug....wasted spark,,small bmw water to air intercooler,billet clutch hub,6" extended arm,18-42 gear

View attachment 1585141

View attachment 1585142

View attachment 1585140
Hi Moko!yours is an outstanding job!What injection did you use on your bike?how did you put on sensors and pick up points?I am asking because I purchased some time ago a modified ZZR1100( yours ZX11 in the States) that has been Turboed 20 years ago using a MrTurbo kit of those times with the injectors on the plenum.
The work to recover the whole bike is going on but I am concerned about the rough simplicity of that ECU where the settings are of the stone age,and especially if one day it'll die,I'll be done.
Unfortunately I am on the budget,even if I am not in a hurry to improve the system.
Once the bike is running again,later I can organize the next steps.
Btw...do you maybe have a Mr.Turbo ECU wiring diagram?
Cheers

FB_IMG_1651785006623.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-222027_Facebook.jpg

Hi Moko!yours is an outstanding job!What injection did you use on your bike?how did you put on sensors and pick up points?I am asking because I purchased some time ago a modified ZZR1100( yours ZX11 in the States) that has been Turboed 20 years ago using a MrTurbo kit of those times with the injectors on the plenum.
The work to recover the whole bike is going on but I am concerned about the rough simplicity of that ECU where the settings are of the stone age,and especially if one day it'll die,I'll be done.
Unfortunately I am on the budget,even if I am not in a hurry to improve the system.
Once the bike is running again,later I can organize the next steps.
Btw...do you maybe have a Mr.Turbo ECU wiring diagram?
Cheers

View attachment 1671629

View attachment 1671630
Injectors in Plenum? controlled by what?

Hi....that's a really nice bike

Sorry I don't have a Mr Turbo wiring diagram...mine was just pieced together

I built my ZX11 turbo with a turbo header for a zrx,but had to modify the turbo mount area to fit
Put Moody's performance EFI kit on it,with a microsquirt V3 running bike with 2007 zx10 coil on plugs
Water-to-air intercooler off a BMW,water pump from Davies Craig drawing only 1.3 amps
Haven't dynoed yet,but It has a gt35 turbo set at 20psi

Moody's kit came TB with 315cc of injectors....he built the plenum,and put 500cc in plenum ...for secondary, microsquirt running it....but I may upgrade to a ms3x later or a maxxecu
I put gm 3 bar sensor on,a clt sensor in thermostat housing....and the BMW intercooler has a iat sensor...it worked out great ..the tunerstudio software has a drop-down window for bmw sensor

Last edited:

I built my ZX11 turbo with a turbo header for a zrx,but had to modify the turbo mount area to fit
Put Moody's performance EFI kit on it,with a microsquirt V3 running bike with 2007 zx10 coil on plugs
Water-to-air intercooler off a BMW,water pump from Davies Craig drawing only 1.3 amps

Moody's kit came TB with 315cc of injectors....he built the plenum,and put 500cc in plenum ...for secondary, microsquirt running it....but I may upgrade to a ms3x later or a maxxecu
I put gm 3 bar sensor on,a clt sensor in thermostat housing....and the BMW intercooler has a iat sensor...it worked out great ..the tunerstudio software has a drop-down window for bmw sensor
I see.Well you have done some serious job on your bike!Do you think I can just go for a Microsquirt to replace the old Mr.Turbo ECU?if yes,which one can be good for me?I am not planning anything crazy except making a decent set up of the A/F ratio on the dyno and ride the bike on the roads ( a Run What You Brung is needed just to have an idea)

I see.Well you have done some serious job on your bike!Do you think I can just go for a Microsquirt to replace the old Mr.Turbo ECU?if yes,which one can be good for me?I am not planning anything crazy except making a decent set up of the A/F ratio on the dyno and ride the bike on the roads ( a Run What You Brung is needed just to have an idea)
Yes I think you could make that work...you would need to have all settings right in microsquirt,and have it tuned at a Dyno shop ....Moody's came with it tuned and settings right
Mine runs of missing tooth wheel

Yes I think you could make that work...you would need to have all settings right in microsquirt,and have it tuned at a Dyno shop ....Moody's came with it tuned and settings right
Mine runs of missing tooth wheel
Hi Moko.For now I need absolutely to finish the job as is,to make some developments later.I still need to understand something more about that old Mr.Turbo ECU.Do you think your friend MOODY may know something more?Can you put me in contact with him,please?

Hi Moko.For now I need absolutely to finish the job as is,to make some developments later.I still need to understand something more about that old Mr.Turbo ECU.Do you think your friend MOODY may know something more?Can you put me in contact with him,please?
He has a website and Facebook page Dustin moody

...also you should post on the zrxoa.org turbo message board ,maybe someone there has a MR Turbo

I think your best bet is to join the turbo motorcycle groups on Facebook..
And zrxoa.org board....there's a bunch on there,,and I've seen people post that owns a Mr Turbo kit

Turbo and EFI custom motorcycles

Turbo bike

Also the Kawasaki zx11/zzr1100 group

Also on those hit the search on site and Facebook pages,and search Mr Turbo ECU diagram

Last edited:
Back