Turbo build

No trans
I’m not gonna put it together and then split the cases again just to put the trans in it. Found a better lead time than 12 weeks-supposedly. We’ll see.

Surprised nobody said anything about the crank

No trans
I’m not gonna put it together and then split the cases again just to put the trans in it. Found a better lead time than 12 weeks-supposedly. We’ll see.

Surprised nobody said anything about the crank
Crank.....Stroke almost always better

Reuse
Mic the poop out of it
check the poop out of it
Pay some one who knows how to..
Buy one of APE gen2 balanced lightened if pockets are deep enough

Mine is a OEM crank that I had spun a journal
and had HMP send it to be repaired balanced and lightened
Been rebuilt 10-15 times and still in GREAT shape

Crank.....Stroke almost always better

Reuse
Mic the poop out of it
check the poop out of it
Pay some one who knows how to..
Buy one of APE gen2 balanced lightened if pockets are deep enough

Mine is a OEM crank that I had spun a journal
and had HMP send it to be repaired balanced and lightened
Been rebuilt 10-15 times and still in GREAT shape
Hi. Rich told me he and Eric hates lightend crsnks. That is why I bought a heave Marine 2mm stroked crank. Yes lot of saving up $ I did get a deal when DME ordered 10 cranks.

I’ll eventually get my back up crank balanced and the gear removed but the one I’m using was freshly balanced and lightened when I bought it so I’m going with that. Transmission will be here monday

CB4A8D9C-95BE-4F01-AE67-9C3E8F4BF821.jpeg

8C7E5080-60C1-4941-B6F7-D61073CB88FC.jpeg

DE2A26C5-F896-4319-B1D5-E78E0A4E3CFC.jpeg

Trans is done!

Found those pesky dowel pins, went together pretty quick. Something nobody mentions besides having torque wrenches and the right size sockets (12 point for arp fasteners), a tap or thread chaser and a stainless wire brush will make your life easier. Brush off all the bolts, and chase alllllll the bolt holes and blow em out. 10mm x 1.25, 8x1.25, 6x1.0, covers everything that holds the cases together and the exhaust holes. Cheap amazon ones are fine, u just cleaning them out. Anyway here’s some pics

Back