TRE on dyno results

Can you answer why the dyno shows a increase if there isn't going to be one on the street or track? Isn't a dyno used to show if the aftermarket add ons make a difference or not like with exhaust, pc3, or anything? From your statement my bike may be slower with the changes before the TRE even though the dyno shows a increase with the cannon and Bazzaz. I haven't been able to further street test due to the rain, but all the other dyno increases made a different on the street. I don't mind the debate but you have to back up your statement...:beerchug:

In reality, YES your bike may be slower with the pipe and bazzaz than when stock. If you (the rider) can't ride the bike to it's full potential, adding more power is only going to make it worse. So that statement depending how you want to look at it could be true. The dyno might show more power but if the rider can't use it, it may not be quicker/faster. Same thing if you put a lighter better rider on the 177hp bike. Your bike might dyno higher but the lighter better rider may be quicker.... ;)

Now as far as the TRE, this has been discussed a million times. The TRE is junk and a complete waste of time. A better question is how many pulls were made with and without the TRE...? Did you do more than one gear to see what the 5th gear mapping did to the other gears...? Was the leaf blower used during the tests...?

Again, there are more variables than certainties in your test, just like the last dyno session. I just feel bad your buddy spent all that money for 1.4HP when many of us told you guys the test was flawed from the beginning...

Last edited:
Dozer if we can get four guys who can help strip and swap exhaust on the same day we can run these test again on the same bike. If we partially assemble the systems on the floor it will speed things up. I am slammed for the next couple of weeks. I will let you know when I have a hole in the schedule. Thanks

I have five bikes to build asap so lets shoot for some time next month. :beerchug:

Now as far as the TRE, this has been discussed a million times. The TRE is junk and a complete waste of time. ...

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic. I posted a question earlier on this topic asking if the TRE removes the speed limiter. I put a TRE on my 2002 Hayabusa for the purpose of removing the speed limiter only. I never expected a major power increase. I felt that this was money well spent for removing the speed limiter only (the TRE was not very expensive, at least when I had bought it). I used to be able only to reach 9,800RPMs in sixth gear before I installed the TRE. I put in the TRE and could reach 10,200RPMs with stock gearing. I believe that I could not reach the 11,000RPM redline in sixth gear because of the extra power needed to push my fat a** up to the redline (or whatever factors may have been involved). I have since changed the stock sprocket gearing (17/40) to 16/41 to increase the torque while lowering the potential top speed (approximately a 9% change). In your opinions, should I remove the TRE since my new top speed would probably be approximately in the mid-180s with the new gearing anyway, or does the speed limiter on the Gen 1s simply shut down the top speed potential after certain RPMs (therefore, I’d leave the TRE installed)? Would the new gearing work better with no TRE, or does the TRE still serve a purpose in this situation?

Thanks for your time!

The TRE is only good for removing the 6th gear limiter. However, when you do that you are getting 5th gear valuables in all other gears. That's means ram-air compensation, etc. everything is going to change and is NOT what you want. If you just want to do a top speed blast and peg the speedo, a TRE will work but to get the best of both worlds you need a GPS mod. Contact Boost-by-smith or one of the site sponsors that carries his mod to get what you want.

I don't have the timing tables and ECU info here at work but Petrik has promised to post up and explain what the TRE is doing to the ECU tables with a TRE in place on the Gen-II... :beerchug:

*EDIT* Some info has been posted... http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=140144.0

Last edited:
Back