TRE, PCV, custom map, my bike and a question.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
My bike is as in title. Dyno tuned with Healtech TRE and PcV.
Let's see if I get this right? The TRE locks/tricks the ecu into thinking it's in only one gear right? The PcV is a piggy back ecu they carries the custom map.
The bike was tuned with both on it same time. Now I have a surging problem that's challenging me to fix. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/144333-rpms-surge-up-when-i-put-gear-why.html I swapped the lever back and it made no difference. So now I'm leaning toward 'hey why not' taking the TRE off to see if it fixes the surging.

My question is what will removing the TRE from the bike and leaving the PcV on do to it? Will it affect the map? With the TRE gone what gear will the bike then think it's in? Can I remove it without having to have them tune it again?

Thank you

Dont know for sure but I do know that Brocks sends his MAP out and the literature says that you can run a TRE with no change needed indicating that if it makes a difference to the MAP it cant be that significant. My understanding of the Healtec is that in its simplest form it allows the timing to advance in a specific gear and would therfore be leaning the mixture through a timing advance.

To me, that would mean that if your TRE is removed the fuel mix would fatten up from the retarded timing. How much is beyond my knowledge.

I heard TREs makes things worse or have no affect on Gen2s? I have nothing to back that just hearsay... :dunno:

I'm not looking to start another TRE arguement. I'm just curious how the removal of it will affect the tune and ride of the bike. I do remember seeing same as you say JG where it said Brocks maps can be used with or without a TRE.

I say unplug and see if it fixes your surging. If it does then call Greg Smith and get a ECU Editor to fix your timing (I remember where you said you dont have access to an ECU Editor Tuner) and take off the limiters. If you still have doubts about the tune after that than go pay $50 to $75 and make one pull on the dyno to check the AFR.

From what I understand of the TRE debate - it only affects the timing, not the fuel maps.. So in gear 1-4, the timing will have less advance than 5th and 6th, making it less aggressive in the lower gears.

Everything I read (but as with all forums, not always believe) says flash the ECU (Gen II) and fit an X-Tre, but don't waste the cash on the PCV.

Everything I read (but as with all forums, not always believe) says flash the ECU (Gen II) and fit an X-Tre, but don't waste the cash on the PCV.

Apparently your not understanding what your reading. If you are flashing the ECU there us no need for the TRE or the PCV provided you have the fuel curve tuned on the dyno. Go back and reread it because you will not need a TRE.

Apparently your not understanding what your reading. If you are flashing the ECU there us no need for the TRE or the PCV provided you have the fuel curve tuned on the dyno. Go back and reread it because you will not need a TRE.

:werd:

Flash ecu no needy thingys

What year is it? Rectifier recall affecting 08 09 gsxr600.. Maybe busa's made the list also.

Fault is causing what your describing!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

OK, so I was at least right about not blowing the cash on the PCV :thumbsup:

Back