PCV Good/Bad or Otherwise?

Right now I get about 175 miles before the light comes on. Have notice in "C" mode the being more like 190 miles. Either case its far better then my VTX 1800. 130 miles till the light then only a 1/2 gal left.

I ran 48/17 for awhile. I really liked the bike and I used more of the engine as i was shifting at 8-10 instead of 5-6 for normal non speeding riding. Bike was a lot of fun that way but mpg was way down. Now I am running a 46/18 I think. It's +2 in the rear whatever that is.

So this weekend with the help of a friend we will be installing the V&H headers and mating them to my Yosh slipons. Did a K&N install last week. Cant wait for the headers. Then Ill be getting the bike Derestricted.

Just jumping in here with a question, sorry. :whistle:

Is the PCV pretty painless to install on a gen1 Busa?

I've never installed one before.

Thanks!

I have dont a bunch of reading on here, A BUNCH, on the PCV. Was thinking of getting one. I am having a friend do a basic flash of my ECU, Fix Timing Retard, Add fuel to Upper RPM Range, Open Secondary Butterflys, Remove Limiters and so on. But I have read that a PCV can still be a benefit. I dont want to go through the Steep Learning Curve of the ECU Editor Software. Where as a PCV is a no brainer. And I have shops near me that tune with Dynojet/PC if I wanted to do a custom tune.
I have also read some where on here of folks having issues with there bikes after the PCV install but, cant seem to find those threads. I have had the PCIII in the past on other bikes and never had any problems with the bikes. And on the last bike I had with one of the PC generic tunes my VTX 1800 put down 110 HP and 125 TQ with no tuning. Keep in mind the VTX is a V Twin. All generic tune from Dynojet.
So Im know Im gonna get a ton of different responses, but please keep them on point.

Thanks!

It really depends on what you plan on using this bike for..

After speaking to Frank at POWERHOUSE, it seems the stock ecu (02+) can be improved greatly by doing an ECU Unleashed, and then fine tuning with a PC. Theres a little bit more work involved but when every pony counts, thats the way to go. That being said, if you plan on just using it to commute/pleasure riding ect, you probably will not notice a difference. The advice i've gotten from Both POWERHOUSE and Boosted Cycle Performance (Murderedout07) is invaluable. I'd get in touch with them and pick their brains!

-D

Back