08 ZX14 vs's 08 Busa on dyno..

A little off topic ..

I have seen car dynos fail... the roller wheel fail under the wheel locks up an car violently jumps forward, car gets caught by the chains or strap, I can imagine that's not to good for the car..

Has that ever happened to one of you motorcycle tuners here ???

Or is that some freak accident that only happens to people who don't maintain there equipment..

One thing you need to look at is the ram air system .. The zx14 seems to have a better ram air system than the busa .. This may be the reason they are so close in the 1/4 even with lower dyno numbers on the zx14 .. My bike on My dyno i set the a/f to 12.6 to 12.7 to get my best ETs and MPH at the track .. If i set them to 13.2 or 13.4 the bike will slow down. .It's true i get higher dyno numbers at 13.2 or 13.4 but at the track i lose 4 or 5 mph set that way . This leads me to believe the ram air system is working pretty darn good on a zx14 ..Guys i'm not saying the zx14 is a better or faster bike than the Busa, im just saying that dyno numbers don't show the hole story .. Something is going on for the two bikes to run allmost the same in a 1/4 mile but have different dyno numbers on the same day same dyno..:beerchug:

That's why you don't tune a bike to 13.4 on the dyno, it is to lean on the street/track... ;)

I've recently got a logger, wish I would have bought one a LONG time ago to record the real world numbers... :beerchug:

You didnt say it but I am. Imo the 08-09 zx-14 are faster then the gen 2 busa.They out mph with the same weight rider. That what im seeing hear in the dfw area.. The zx-14 has a better ram system too. Why you think rickey gadson is on a zx-14 in supersport?
One thing you need to look at is the ram air system .. The zx14 seems to have a better ram air system than the busa .. This may be the reason they are so close in the 1/4 even with lower dyno numbers on the zx14 .. My bike on My dyno i set the a/f to 12.6 to 12.7 to get my best ETs and MPH at the track .. If i set them to 13.2 or 13.4 the bike will slow down. .It's true i get higher dyno numbers at 13.2 or 13.4 but at the track i lose 4 or 5 mph set that way . This leads me to believe the ram air system is working pretty darn good on a zx14 ..Guys i'm not saying the zx14 is a better or faster bike than the Busa, im just saying that dyno numbers don't show the hole story .. Something is going on for the two bikes to run allmost the same in a 1/4 mile but have different dyno numbers on the same day same dyno..:beerchug:

Last edited:
You didnt say it but I am. Imo the 08-09 zx-14 are faster then the gen 2 busa.They out mph with the same weight rider. That what im seeing hear in the dfw area.. The zx-14 has a better ram system too. Why you think rickey gadson is on a zx-14 in supersport?

i'm pretty sure rickey gadson is on a zx-14 cause kawi is his sponsor............................ as to you saying the 14's are faster i have yet to see one (in my area) run 5.60's with the same basic mods as the busa (filter, exhaust, tune and stretch)

- Cycle Specialties 2008 Hayabusa 5.62 @129 MPH Andrew Patterson[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm pretty sure rickey gadson is on a zx-14 cause kawi is his sponsor............................ as to you saying the 14's are faster i have yet to see one (in my area) run 5.60's with the same basic mods as the busa (filter, exhaust, tune and stretch)

I have run 5.60s many times with just a pipe , tune and stretch .. and on pump gas ..Here is a video of a 5.65 on pump gas .

09zx14-1.jpg

Again i'm not saying they are faster , but darn close ..

darn close they are..........you foot shifting or air shifter?
Muzzy c02 air shifter.. While i have run as fast foot shifting .. At times my 54 year old legs have some problems getting back on the pegs :beerchug:

I see in your video that you are foot shifting .. Well done ..

Last edited:
well it isn't me in the vid. i'm usually camera guy so my bike never gets filmed :rofl: altho we do run the same times. only big thing about Andrew's bike and mine is that his looks 10x better :laugh:

Nice 60/330 times, looks like u have that bike moving. Ad least you don't hide your times unlike at of people down hear..
I have run 5.60s many times with just a pipe , tune and stretch .. and on pump gas ..Here is a video of a 5.65 on pump gas .

- zx14 zx1400 Drag Racing Smokinzx14[/url]

09zx14-1.jpg

Again i'm not saying they are faster , but darn close ..

How much does he weight...?

Back