08 ZX14 vs's 08 Busa on dyno..

Thanks for all the compliments guys ... and I enjoyed the video and pics Greg. It's always a good time at your shop especially with your sense of humor and the killer dog trying to eat me... :laugh:

I noticed in the video that the eddy brake isn't being used to hold the bikes RPM at the beginning of the run and it's not being used to slow the drum at the end of the run either. Are those features available with the 250i?

I was just curious if they ever added the features so the user can set start rpm.

For example, on my dyno during a simple inertia run, I can set starting rpm of the pull at 3000. I can manipulate the throttle to any % and the dyno will servo the eddy brake to hold 3000 rpm until I press the button to start the run. Likewise I have my dyno configured to enable the brake to slow the drum to 30 mph within 4 seconds with maximum power usage of 50%.

Just curious if Dynojet added those features. They were spoken of a few years ago, but the features still were not implemented when I last spoke with them.

Seeing a recent bike dyno video made me curious, that's all.

yup, more than a few dnojet 250i users have the setup as you described. :beerchug:

I was just curious if they ever added the features so the user can set start rpm.

For example, on my dyno during a simple inertia run, I can set starting rpm of the pull at 3000. I can manipulate the throttle to any % and the dyno will servo the eddy brake to hold 3000 rpm until I press the button to start the run. Likewise I have my dyno configured to enable the brake to slow the drum to 30 mph within 4 seconds with maximum power usage of 50%.

Just curious if Dynojet added those features. They were spoken of a few years ago, but the features still were not implemented when I last spoke with them.

Yes we use every corner of the dyno for load tuning that video was for downshift exhaust tone purposes as well as a power pull. The down downshift are drawn out for that purpose. Everyone we showed it to liked it. So I guess the point worked. 4-5 times that bike has been on our dyno for testing I am happy with the video.

Last edited:
no doubt the Booza wins on the dyno, I see charts all the time, I owned a 08 Booza, now have a 09 14, my 14 is faster at the strip, less hp=more mph and quicker times, doesnt make sense. I can figure my backhalf times and it makes more hp than my Booza, but dyno's less. any ideas why?

wee

no doubt the Booza wins on the dyno, I see charts all the time, I owned a 08 Booza, now have a 09 14, my 14 is faster at the strip, less hp=more mph and quicker times, doesnt make sense. I can figure my backhalf times and it makes more hp than my Booza, but dyno's less. any ideas why?

wee

Chassis setup, traction, rider, weather, etc....etc...

If you can't get the power to the ground, it won't matter how much you are making... :poke:

wee
The busa's has a back torque cam that makes them harder to launch the 14's. it does makes a big difference.. but them 14's will roll...

Let just say the wheelbase on the busa was longer. His 60ft where the same low 1.4. But the zx-14 runs faster number? And yes I can said that because I have seen both bikes run.
The busa's has a back torque cam that makes them harder to launch the 14's. it does makes a big difference.. but them 14's will roll...

Last edited:
Let just say the wheelbase on the busa was longer. His 60ft where the same low 1.4. But the zx-14 runs faster number? And yes I can said that because I have seen both bikes run.

Something is wrong because that doesn't add up. Clutch slip, rider, traction, etc...etc....MILLIONS of variables... :laugh:

I was saying the same thing:lol:. But the zx-14 is runing faster numbers..
Got-Busa was does your 08 run at the track??
Something is wrong because that doesn't add up. Clutch slip, rider, traction, etc...etc....MILLIONS of variables... :laugh:

Last edited:
something is wrong? lol same rider, sames tracks, 100's of runs on both. 5.80@122mph on the Booza, 5.77@124mph on the 14, I raced the Booza over a year,

wee

I was saying the same thing:lol:. But the zx-14 is runing faster numbers..
Got-Busa was does your 08 run at the track??

Not that great right now! I've only been to HRP once back in August with my 08 to do licensing passes. I wanted to see what she would run setup for LSR (geared for 206mph) using 93-pump gas. I'm 225lbs...mid-9's at 147-148 in this nice Texas weather... :laugh:

Have you guys did any roll ons with the 14's ? I would think the extra power would show more on a roll. I have only played with stock 14's so far.

Back