'08 Busa Vs ZX14 - smoothness?

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I rode the zx14 at bikeweek and was very impressed at how smooth the motor is.

How does the '08 Busa compare to not only the 1st generation Busa, but to the 14 in smoooooth catagory?

I believe the 14 has dual counterbalancers and both the 1st and 2nd Gen Busa only has a single.

my 03 has 28K my 08 500 miles way better. i was going home from work saw 6k what the hell 6th gear oh **** i'am going 120+ damit so nice
firedevil.gif

i had a zx-14 06', smooth, yessss
winkold.gif

but my busa 2008, more smooth than the zx-14 06', oh yessssssssssss
cool.gif

i don't know for the zx-14 08'.........
rock.gif

No comparison from gen 1. I havent had the chance to ride a new busa but I currently came from an 03 busa to a 08' 14. I cant see how any bike could be smoother, maybe as smooth?? I still have the stock exhaust so it adds to the smoothness factor. Looking forward to riding a new busa to compare.

No comparison from gen 1. I havent had the chance to ride a new busa but I currently came from an 03 busa to a 08' 14. I cant see how any bike could be smoother, maybe as smooth?? I still have the stock exhaust so it adds to the smoothness factor. Looking forward to riding a new busa to compare.
pics of the zx-14 08'
rock.gif

thanks
thumb_up.gif

My new busa is definitely smoother than the old one but I am not sure it was smoother than my 14. The 14 power is very smooth and the transmission is even smoother. I caught myself going alot faster than I thought I was on the 14 but to be honest my zx12 and my zx10 were extremely smooth too.

The 14's are smoooth, almost electric. Thats one of best things I loved about them. I'm hoping when my new Busa comes in, it's close to being as smooth. I hate a buzzy bike, I dont care how fast it is.

I own both an '07 ZX14 and an '08 Busa. I had thought when I first brought the Busa home that is was smoother. Just to put my mind to rest, I jumped on the ZX14 and rode around the block to see. The ZX14 is smoother, don't feel any vibrationsat all.

Dont think you can improve on the K8 and notice much of a difference - its v smooth

The engine is very smooth down low, it does start to get a little buzzy around 5000 and then smooths out again. 5000 in 6th gear is around 90 mph, and if you are accelerating hard you will pass through the buzzy range of the engine so fast you'll never notice!

My 2 cents...

The engine is very smooth down low, it does start to get a little buzzy around 5000 and then smooths out again. 5000 in 6th gear is around 90 mph, and if you are accelerating hard you will pass through the buzzy range of the engine so fast you'll never notice!

My 2 cents...
which bike are you talking about, the 14 or the '08 busa?

He was talking about the Busa because there isn't any buzz on the 14.  Still think the Busa is a nicer looking bike though but if you are going to rate it on smoothness then you are not going to find a smoother bike then the 14. Even with aftermarket pipes the bike is like gliding on air.

He was talking about the Busa because there isn't any buzz on the 14.  Still think the Busa is a nicer looking bike though but if you are going to rate it on smoothness then you are not going to find a smoother bike then the 14.  Even with aftermarket pipes the bike is like gliding on air.
Yep I also own both..and nothings going to be smoother than a 14. Some bikes may be AS smooth...but not smoother. It doesn't matter what revs your at on the 14...it all feels the same. Its one of the only bikes I've owned where a gear indicator was actually necessary
wowold.gif
Haven't rode an 08 busa yet but my first gen is quite the shaker over 4700 rpms. I still love that low end grunt tho......twist the throttle hard and its like getting kicked in the ass by the incredible hulk
laugh.gif

I have a 06 Busa and )6 14..For riding on rides the 14 wins hands down..Still love my Busa but the 14 is great also..Heard the new 08 Busa is alot better than the older Busas..For just all around riding give me the 14...

Back