'08 busa vs. '08 ZX14

Re: '08 busa vs. '08 ZX14

I'm still so on the fence as to which bike to purchase.

If I had $22k I would just by both of them. I like the Busa for the wind protection, dash layout, size/weight and after market parts. I like the ZX14 for the smooth engine, brakes.

a picture is worth a 1000000000000000 words :laugh:

08_apr_shoot_busa_zx14_15.jpg

I got an '08 'busa---love that girl--put 11,000 miles on her this past summer. Now I'm thinking of adding (I'll never get rid of the 'busa) a new Concours 14 to my garage. Not quite the same as the ZX-14, but a SUPER sport touring bike!:bowdown:

I'm still so on the fence as to which bike to purchase.

If I had $22k I would just by both of them. I like the Busa for the wind protection, dash layout, size/weight and after market parts. I like the ZX14 for the smooth engine, brakes.
I've ridden both...they're both awesome bikes that you can't go wrong with :thumbsup: You just have to decide which bike you can own without regretting not buying the other :laugh: If you're big on bench racing, the busa has slightly better acceleration and power stats on paper . If you're more into real world differences you need to sit on for awhile, or ride both to make a real world decision. Riding them I couldn't tell any diff in acceleration or power ??? But the 14 was more comfy, braked better, and felt a little lighter........and the busa handled and felt sharper in the corners.

I've ridden both...they're both awesome bikes that you can't go wrong with :thumbsup: You just have to decide which bike you can own without regretting not buying the other :laugh: If you're big on bench racing, the busa has slightly better acceleration and power stats on paper . If you're more into real world differences you need to sit on for awhile, or ride both to make a real world decision. Riding them I couldn't tell any diff in acceleration or power ??? But the 14 was more comfy, braked better, and felt a little lighter........and the busa handled and felt sharper in the corners.

Thanks for the insight! IMO... Coming from the ZZR1200 the Busa would be a more natural fit. I know some in here would think I'm crazy and the guys on zzrbikes.com would probably kill me for saying that, but the Busa has larger farings, better wind protection, more car like dash layout, heavier than the ZX14. I see the Busa as the next step up from my ZZR1200. I know the ZZR is more tour than the Busa, but the ZZR1200 is the last of the big Carb Ninja's and can actually hang pretty good with the big boys. Went riding with a guy in a Gen I Busa and a 08 CBR 1000 and both of them were AMAZED at how I was able to keep up especially on the straights. They would start to pull on me hard after about 135mph, but by then I was getting ready to call it quits as those speeds on public highways are crazy.

Trying to make the decision now between either a brand new leftover 2007 zx-14 blue for $8,995 less tax, 2008 zx-14 for 11,000 O.T D with everything, or the 2008 busa for a bit more money. I all ready have the 1999 coper/silver busa with a wide tire kit and everything chrome which is my baby, a 2004 honda cbr 1000rr done up, and a 1993 honda nighthawk in mint condition, and my police bike is a new harley which covers all the bases. My friend has the 08 busa in gray/black which I have ridden and have been a suzuki fan since I had my 1989 gsx-r 1100,The only reason I am thinking of the zx-14 is the comfort and different look, also the brakes are alot better, but I know the brakes on the 08 busa could be and easy fix. I have ridden my friends 06 zx-14 and it was very smooth and the brakes were outstanding. Have to make a choice, but will still keep the other bikes, Tough decision, maybe you could shed a little light on the subject, thanks..

You already have a Gen 1 and can ride a Gen 2 when you want.

Get the leftover 07 14(they detuned them for 08)

07 zx14's have a frame recall. it will need to be inspected - first check is checking torque on bolts, depending upon results they may have to pull engine and in worst case replace frame. ask me how I know.

and of course it does depend on the reviewers experiance as well, you can find so many different variations of the same test and get different results - I am sure if you go to teh ZX14 site they have found reviews and results that support thier bike

I had the opportunity to buy a new 06 ZX14 or a left over 05 ZZR1200 and I like the seating position and extra faring as well as the gauge layout of the ZZR1200, hence the ZZR1200 being in my garage.

I like the Busa more than the ZX14 because it just appears bigger with better wind protection and kind of reminds me of what the next ZX14 should have been. The ZX14 lost the GT DNA from the ZX11 heritage. The ZX12 on the other hand was an all different bird IMO and reminded me of bigger ZX9. I do wish Honda would bring back the CBR1100 XX, that was a sweet bike. It's nice to see that BMW is trying to stay in the game with their K1300S that is now pumping 175HP at the crank.

You have wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much bloody money!

Not necessarily. I'm 'bout as po as a church mouse and I think I'll be owning both soon. I guess it all just depends on how warped your sense of values is.

Mythos

You already have a Gen 1 and can ride a Gen 2 when you want.

Get the leftover 07 14(they detuned them for 08)

They didn't manage to retain peak hp of 1st gen after meeting Euro 3 regs. It's down ~8 hp. Extra cat in header and clean emmissions mapping f'd it.

If you get an 08 14, you have 8 spray holes/injector instead of 6. You have a slightly better piston on an 08. What it needs to compete with the first gen is a full system and remap. Go with the 07 ZX-14 and pull flies (I can advise on that if you PM me) or better, an 08 busa.

Mythos

and of course it does depend on the reviewers experiance as well, you can find so many different variations of the same test and get different results - I am sure if you go to teh ZX14 site they have found reviews and results that support thier bike

Well, kid, not really. Kinda strange, we don't seem to bring up the second gen busa much on the zx-14 sites anymore.???

Mythos:lol:

Back