'08 busa vs. '08 ZX14

klspeed993

Registered
I just finished the latest and to date, the most comprehensive comparison between our beloved bike and the new ZX-14. I will summarize their findings:

Powertrains: Hayabusa 1st, ZX-14 2nd
The new 14 still can not match the busa's bottom end"¦

Chassis: Tie

Suspension: ZX-14 1st, Hayabusa 2nd

Brakes: Hayabusa 1st, ZX-14 2nd
Both bikes capable of over 1.0G of deceleration. Best 60-0 distances: Busa 111.7' (just ouside of Ten Best list) ZX-14 119.8'

Handling: Tie

Ergonomics: ZX-14 1st, Hayabusa 2nd
The ninja's riding position was slightly better for long rides; both could be improved with bar-risers.

Riding Impression: Tie

Instruments & Controls: Tie

Value: Tie

Bottom Line:
Using NHRA correction factors for altitude:
0-60 Busa 2.78 ZX-14 2.78
0-100 Busa 5.20 ZX-14 5.35
¼ mile Busa 9.77 / 145.97 ZX-14 9.83 / 143.44

LONG LIVE THE KING !!!

sooo as everyone says... they're both an even match. the rider is the king
lurk.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Commuta_Busa @ Jan. 16 2008 said:
1268098[/ATTACH] AM]
sooo as everyone says... they're both an even match. the rider is the king  
lurk.gif
That basically was their conclusion as well...

"Their rilvalry aside, these are both fantastic bikes, and both were a pleasure to ride on all kinds of roads, from mountains, to canyons, to freeways. Much more than simply contenders for the title of World's Fastest Production Motorcycle, they both provide enormous value for the money and will put a smile on the face of anyone lucky enough to spend time with them."  
laugh.gif

We are all very fortunate!!!

zzwhip.gif

The 'busa's engine is still smaller, making it a better package, IMO.

C'mon...I have to have SOMETHING to reassure myself!

In the end, someone will find flaw with everyone else's everything. Thanks for the update, yo!

I just bought my 2008 busa and love it but i also like kawasaki and i think its great that they have a fantastic motorcycle with there 14, had it not been for the quality of olathe suzuki's service dept i might be riding a 14.

I just finished the latest and to date, the most comprehensive comparison between our beloved bike and the new ZX-14. I will summarize their findings:

Powertrains: Hayabusa 1st, ZX-14 2nd
The new 14 still can not match the busa's bottom end"¦

Chassis: Tie

Suspension: ZX-14 1st, Hayabusa 2nd

Brakes: Hayabusa 1st, ZX-14 2nd
Both bikes capable of over 1.0G of deceleration. Best 60-0 distances: Busa 111.7' (just ouside of Ten Best list) ZX-14 119.8'

Handling: Tie

Ergonomics: ZX-14 1st, Hayabusa 2nd
The ninja's riding position was slightly better for long rides; both could be improved with bar-risers.

Riding Impression: Tie

Instruments & Controls: Tie

Value: Tie

Bottom Line:
Using NHRA correction factors for altitude:
0-60 Busa 2.78        ZX-14         2.78
0-100 Busa 5.20        ZX-14         5.35
¼ mile Busa 9.77 / 145.97 ZX-14         9.83 / 143.44

LONG LIVE THE KING !!!
who is it TIE
sadnews.gif
tie = same
sadnews.gif
rock.gif
?

for the brakes busa better than the zx-14
rock.gif
don't agree
thumb_down.gif

and for me chassis and handling better on the BUSA
cool.gif

sadnews.gif

rock.gif

Read it and weep, Kawi! Good stuff! Just spent about 1/2 hour writing an opinion about all of this and lost it! Too tired to repeat. I have all respect for the ZX-14, but WOW, the Hayabusa deserves a whole lotta respect, going back to 1999
bowdown.gif
. It will be a historic icon in the world of motorcycles forever in history.

The Hayabusa wins again in this magazine that is suppose to be nonobjective, but we'll probably hear BS about that, too.

IMG__Small_.jpg

Trying to make the decision now between either a brand new leftover 2007 zx-14 blue for $8,995 less tax, 2008 zx-14 for 11,000 O.T D with everything, or the 2008 busa for a bit more money. I all ready have the 1999 coper/silver busa with a wide tire kit and everything chrome which is my baby, a 2004 honda cbr 1000rr done up, and a 1993 honda nighthawk in mint condition, and my police bike is a new harley which covers all the bases. My friend has the 08 busa in gray/black which I have ridden and have been a suzuki fan since I had my 1989 gsx-r 1100,The only reason I am thinking of the zx-14 is the comfort and different look, also the brakes are alot better, but I know the brakes on the 08 busa could be and easy fix.  I have ridden my friends 06 zx-14 and it was very smooth and the brakes were outstanding. Have to make a choice, but will still keep the other bikes, Tough decision, maybe you could shed a little light on the subject, thanks..

tounge.gif
I traded my 06 ZX14 for an 08 Busa. Had an 00 Busa & an 02 Busa but in 06 didn't want to wait for the new Busa & wanted a new bike.
Busa:
Handles better; shifts smoother; goes into first without the usual clunk; overall finish looks better; exhaust sounds better; accelerates harder without down shifting; less heat coming off bike than the 14; easier on my butt for the first 100 miles.
14:
More upright riding position; not necessary to remove fairing to change oil; excellent headlights.
Tie:
Piss poor gas mileage on both. Consistent 34 mpg on the 14 using GPS for actual miles traveled divided by # of gallons. First tank on the Busa 34 mpg using the same procedure.
Mike

Trying to make the decision now between either a brand new leftover 2007 zx-14 blue for $8,995 less tax, 2008 zx-14 for 11,000 O.T D with everything, or the 2008 busa for a bit more money. I all ready have the 1999 coper/silver busa with a wide tire kit and everything chrome which is my baby, a 2004 honda cbr 1000rr done up, and a 1993 honda nighthawk in mint condition, and my police bike is a new harley which covers all the bases. My friend has the 08 busa in gray/black which I have ridden and have been a suzuki fan since I had my 1989 gsx-r 1100,The only reason I am thinking of the zx-14 is the comfort and different look, also the brakes are alot better, but I know the brakes on the 08 busa could be and easy fix.  I have ridden my friends 06 zx-14 and it was very smooth and the brakes were outstanding. Have to make a choice, but will still keep the other bikes, Tough decision, maybe you could shed a little light on the subject, thanks..
Get the leftover 07 14. Its just as fast as the 08 busa and 14 and weighs 24lbs less...which is one of the reasons the 06-07 14 is still the fastest production bike ever tested by a magazine..9.68 1/4 mile http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/kawasaki.html
Its the smart choice money wise
winkold.gif
Buuut.....I would consider removing the flies on the first gen 14 a must...or at least a Gipro or tre, otherwise the low-end restriction is completely unacceptable
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
Remove the flies tho and it will hold its own and then some with anything 08 has to offer...for alot less money and weight
winkold.gif
laugh.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

winkold.gif

Thank's for your imput on the bikes, I am a die hard busa guy and it is definately a tuff choice, and it will be either the blue busa or the silver zx-14. Like everybody stated both are great bikes and it comes down to personal preference, about the flies I allready know about that problem because my friend has the 06 zx-14, hopefully I will make my choice this week, I will keep you posted. Thanks...

I would love to have a 14, but not at the expense of my beloved Busa (Trinity).

Re: '08 busa vs. '08 ZX14

The 'busa's engine is still smaller, making it a better package, IMO.

C'mon...I have to have SOMETHING to reassure myself!

Don't forget you don't have to look at the grilles every day :)

Thanks for the post, klspeed993 :beerchug:

Back