'08 busa vs. '08 ZX14

Re: '08 busa vs. '08 ZX14

sooo as everyone says... they're both an even match. the rider is the king
lurk.gif

Exactly.......

I respect the summary, very surprised at brakes conclusion or would beg to differ - but you have some empirical data.

Being this is posted on a Busa forum - I supsect we will see some other items (agressively) pointed out. No emotion intended - I love motorcycles!

I propose the following

Engine Smoothness (Kawi)
Ease of Working On (Suz)
Aftermarket Parts - (Kawi?? but Suz coming on strong to eclipse any minute (Because 14 has been in production longer))
Resale Value (Suz)

In any case - Thank you for the summary and WHERE is the entire version???

Another OLD thread :rofl:

Last edited:

I have a friend here that has an 09 limited zx-14 and his bike is not near as fast as my 08.we have had several roll on's and dead stop runs to 1 mile.every time i pull about 15-20 bike lengths to the mile marker.even with him on my busa it is the same result.and with a gps his bike is 9 mph slower in the standing mile.my bike has a tiforce full titanium pipe and that is all.he has power commander and full muzzy system.so the 09 zx's are definately down on power compared to the 07 zx.all hail busa is king.:bowdown:

i have both... both have their pros and cons... in fact i rode my zx14 today... both are a joy to ride

Silverfreak,your friends 09 14 must be sick.I have a 08 14 thats piped,never had a 08 busa with pipe pull me 15-20 lengths....Who ever gets the jump when the race period.

Either you support your favorite or not. I started on Suzuki and stand behind it, I do not care for Kawasakis throught the years in comparison. It is the rider with these bikes. Busa has more balls though imho...

From the numerous magazine I have read it seems to go like this...

Engine Smoothness - ZX14
Engine Power - Busa
Launching - ZX14
Brakes - ZX14
Corners - Busa
Long Rides - ZX14
Quality - Busa
Top Speed - Tied
Gas Mileage - Busa
Looks - Toss Up
Wind Protection - Busa
Transmission - Tied
Ergonomics - ZX14 - though I like the Busa Better

For me it's about the wind protection, reliability, MPG, and comfort on long rides. I like both bikes and if someone like Honda took the good from the Busa and the Good from the ZX14 they would have the best Hyper Sport on the market. CBR1400 maybe???

I like both bikes and if someone like Honda took the good from the Busa and the Good from the ZX14 they would have the best Hyper Sport on the market. CBR1400 maybe???

I was wondering the other day if Yamaha was going to join the fight one day.

Really not much difference!
Both good bikes!

Its all a matter of choice:laugh:

Of course I made the best choice:whistle:

Up the Busa:bowdown:

Back