First street race 08 14 vs 08 busa

My friend Henry who bought an 08 14 about the same time as I did my 08 busa wanted to finally challenge the 08 busa to some rollons. First I must say the silver 08 14 is a beautiful bike. I never cared for the looks of the 14 but the silver is really nice. He and I weigh about the same weight 190 lbs. and are both accomplished riders.....FIRSTPULL:sixth gear 60 to 150. Busa by 7-8 bike lengths.
laugh.gif
Henry said I pulled him hard initally then He said He stayed with me from 120-150. SECONDPULL: second gear 60 to 150. Busa by 6-7 bike lengths.
thumb_up.gif
I thought this was impressive because I chopped my throttle a little as I wheeled initally when I cracked the throttle in second.{this busa is for sure faster than my 02 model} Next we switched bikes
cursin.gif
First of all this 08 14 is as smooth as my 08 busa. I think the seating position is a little more comfortable as well. With that said the busa is much bettor in the twisties, shifts more positively and smoother, easier to get out of the wind, and has bettor throttle response......FIRSTPULL: Me on the 14 Henry on the Busa, 60 to 150 sixth gear. Busa by 7-8 bike lengths. 08 14 IS "GOOEY" untill 6000 rpms then it pulls hard. We elected not to do the second gear 60-150 because of the busa wheeling and Henry did not feel comfortable doing that on someone elses bike. Henry agreed that the busa is a stronger bike stock, but he wants to do this again when there both modded. Also of note we both agreed the 14 has bettor brakes. SO FELLOWS IF A DUDE ON A STOCK 14 PULLS UP AND WANTS TO RACE YOU ON YOUR 08 BUSA I BELIEVE YOU'LL DO JUST FINE.
The 14 is factory nuetered down low....thank god the new busa isn't  
winkold.gif
But like any good street race you gotta keep your bike/car in the sweet spot...the area it works the best. Low rpm same gear roll ons are a good test of torque (and gear ratios)...but in real world racing scenarios your gonna keep your bike at the rpm's it likes best, whatever gear that may be in. If you run across a guy who knows his 14 (or busa), you're gonna find when the bikes are kept in the sweet spot that its a whole nother' race  
wowold.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
A good rider on a liter bike will tear up a 14 or busa if the big bore rider doesn't catch the right gear and r's. I've ran 14's on my modded first gen and did well. Then I've had stock 14's spank me. I had an excellent rider on a cammed up 750 show me his tailights till I finally reeled the little sombitch in...just because I got cocky and got caught in the wrong gear. Its gonna be rider more than bike with the 08's  
winkold.gif
Very true !

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

Both bikes were bone stock. And I to was a little suprised at the distance between us. But that is what happened. I'M TELLING YOU FELLOWS ANYONE WHO HASN'T RIDDEN THE NEW BUSA IS IN FOR A BIG SUPRISE
I've already got mine broke in and so does my friend Kenny, who has a new 14. No matter how you race, the Busa blows the 14 away.
Gear pulls or flat out banging gears at the redline.

Nice! At least it's more than some of the so called test experts have done so far. The 08 zx14 hit the dealerships before the damn press release deal went down. They are still D#$king around like it is hard to get the bike and compare it to the 08 Busa. Makes you wonder!
sadnews.gif
I think they are afraid to alienate either manufacture... or readers... they say the ZX is better, i just get a new mag to read that says what i want... (more of my dyno theory here
smile.gif
)

Nice honest post like I always said the street is the best dyno. Bye the way I am new to the forum and new to the use of a computer so bare with me as I try patiently to get use to the forum and photo department, I have alot to discuss about the 08 busa but a little at a time..

Both bikes were bone stock. And I to was a little suprised at the distance between us. But that is what happened. I'M TELLING YOU FELLOWS ANYONE WHO HASN'T RIDDEN THE NEW BUSA IS IN FOR A BIG SUPRISE
OK then i believe what you say and i understand the so big diffrence. Kawa has reduced the torque at low rpm's "to make the bike more rideable to avoid slipping" but it's stupid actually. If you're not experienced user, you don't buy such a bike (or you're crazy
laugh.gif
) !

Most of Kawi users remove finally these flies after some time.

It would be interesting to re-do the same test but whithout the flies. I'm sure the difference would be very tiny this time.
winkold.gif

OK then i believe what you say and i understand the so big diffrence.  Kawa has reduced the torque at low rpm's "to make the bike more rideable to avoid slipping" but it's stupid actually.  If you're not experienced user, you don't buy such a bike (or you're crazy  
laugh.gif
) !  

Most of Kawi users remove finally these flies after some time.  

It would be interesting to re-do the same test but whithout the flies.  I'm sure the difference would be very tiny this time.  
winkold.gif
we talk about STOCK bike guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
corner2.png

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yes Mr Bogus...but if you are drag racing other factors come in to play like bike set up and skills comes in to play more than just hitting from a roll on at different rpms or gears.

Yes Mr Bogus...but if you are drag racing other factors come in to play like bike set up and skills comes in to play more than just hitting from  a roll on at different rpms or gears.
I just got to meet a couple guys at a bike night..one with an 08 busa...the other an 08 14...both bone stock...and both guys willing to run them hard
laugh.gif
. We did some drop your choice of gears and go rolls...some lower rpm rolls...and some high rpm rolls. In the drop and go both bikes left me equally on my modded 04 busa. And they stayed equal till the upper end where the 14 pulled very slightly. The slower rpm rolls me and the 08 busa both pulled the 14 till the r's came up...then the 14 walked me and at the top end started to again gain slightly on the 08 busa. On the high rpm rolls it was the worst for me..both the other bikes just plain walked away...I had no chance
wowold.gif
sad.gif
.....the other 2 were almost dead even till the 14 once again very slightly started to pull top end. It was very cool to meet 2 good riders who didn't mind running their new bikes hard. No hard feelings...no ego's...just guys on a quiet straight backroad running some fast bikes they way they should be ran...and having a ball
laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif
jump9.gif
Of course they now both have mods planned and a rematch...which means I might just go the sneaky small nos bottle under the hump mod...or just watch
sad.gif
.......damn I hate being slow
sadnews.gif

laugh.gif

sad.gif

Yes Mr Bogus...but if you are drag racing other factors come in to play like bike set up and skills comes in to play more than just hitting from  a roll on at different rpms or gears.
I just got to meet a couple guys at a bike night..one with an 08 busa...the other an 08 14...both bone stock...and both guys willing to run them hard  
laugh.gif
. We did some drop your choice of gears and go rolls...some lower rpm rolls...and some high rpm rolls. In the drop and go both bikes left me equally on my modded 04 busa. And they stayed equal till the upper end where the 14 pulled very slightly. The slower rpm rolls me and the 08 busa both pulled the 14 till the r's came up...then the 14 walked me and at the top end started to again gain slightly on the 08 busa. On the high rpm rolls it was the worst for me..both the other bikes just plain walked away...I had no chance  
wowold.gif

sad.gif
 .....the other 2 were almost dead even till the 14 once again very slightly started to pull top end. It was very cool to meet 2 good riders who didn't mind running their new bikes hard. No hard feelings...no ego's...just guys on a quiet straight backroad running some fast bikes they way they should be ran...and having a ball  
laugh.gif

thumb_up.gif

jump9.gif
 Of course they now both have mods planned and a rematch...which means I might just go the sneaky small nos bottle under the hump mod...or just watch  
sad.gif
 .......damn I hate being slow  
sadnews.gif
Take what The Big Red One said as a warning and this goes for the 08 zx14 guys also ...These bike are so close it comes down to rider skill ..Don't rule out the 06 and 07 zx14 either .My 06 zx14 runs 8s like clock work so if you roll up on someone like me with an 08 busa or 08 zx14 you just might get your ass handed to you real fast..
peace.gif

laugh.gif

sad.gif

beerchug.gif
For every race you will have a differnt outcome.Its all for fun anyway....Cheers...Nice to see the 14 do a little better in the second re-match...

Back