Going to dyno the 08 tomorrow

Great news, I try to keep it real because BSing...people gets you no where. :beerchug:

I am still trying to find some of these advertised 195HP pipes.... haha

If I get someone in here with that 4-2-1-2 set-up I will surely send you a HPC tuned version of that map.

Greg you're good peeps :bowdown:

A gen 1 makes around 155 stock and a gen 2 has around 20hp more. My 08 was dynoed at a harley shop and the dyno dude ownes a ZX1000 so there is no bias. My 08 has a yosh full system and a filter and NO PC. Using the stock closed loop FI system. My wifes gen 1 busa made 161hp with a Brocks sidewinder and maped with a PC.

Dyno_numbers.jpg

that is an awesome afr. Maybe I should take off my PC and go back to the closed loop system until i get it tuned.... what do you guys think?

that is an awesome afr. Maybe I should take off my PC and go back to the closed loop system until i get it tuned.... what do you guys think?

I've been running a PC3 on a closed loop system since I got the PC3. I have dynoed it open and closed. Closed the AFR is near perfect. I used the PC3 to adjust the adjust everything to target 13.0. It works well. The ECU can't completely override the PC3.

Greg you're good peeps :bowdown:
Thanks Sir, we got to hook up for one of those hell rides through the mountains again. Its been a while for me. I work 7 days a week 80-90 hours a week going on three years straight now. I need to get out more. :beerchug:

okay, Mike's wife here. He made me sign in to post his chart. Here it is:

DSC01566.jpg
Just as some educational information. Look at the AFR it goes a little fat (rich) around seven grand....but look at the power line at seven grand it peaks higher than the leaner areas to the left and right....that tells you your bike would make a little more power at least in the mid-range with more fuel. I have learned to focus on the AFR dips but at the same time look at the power curves. More evidence of that is the slight power dip at 4K when the bike is leaner. Tuning to peak power is just as good as getting the flattest AFR line possible. Just food for thought. I am still a rookie.... :laugh:

Last edited:
I've been running a PC3 on a closed loop system since I got the PC3. I have dynoed it open and closed. Closed the AFR is near perfect. I used the PC3 to adjust the adjust everything to target 13.0. It works well. The ECU can't completely override the PC3.
TruWrecks, thanks. I think I'll hook it back up tomorrow...:thumbsup:

What is a stock busa pushing for hp? I was told 180 to the rear tire I guess that was pretty much off ha. What is it at the engine and and at the rear tire?

most are between 165-175 stock.(it will vary from day to day and dyno to dyno)

Mine did 167 with just under 1000 miles on it.

I read a test from Performance bikes magazine, and their 08 made 185 stock.

Back