Dyno done today

damm maybe I should raise my prices.
NO ONE should charge more than 250 for a Busa with a usb
less for the old serial
It all depends on what your doing. I charge 350 for my custom map. But that is not just putting it on the dyno and setting the A/F. A good A/F is only one part of tuning.
gee I forgot I don't do this all the time
NOT!!!
wtf.gif

I guess I should charge more but don't, why
rock.gif
???

less for the old serial
It all depends on what your doing. I charge 350 for my custom map. But that is not just putting it on the dyno and setting the A/F. A good A/F is only one part of tuning.
NOT!!!
wtf.gif

rock.gif
???
Definitly not knocking you but my customers get what they pay for. Maybe I may know something you don't or maybe you have a better way or tuning than me. I could say that your not charging enough cause your not being very thorough. Even if your good, don't assume your the standard. I don't knock another shops tuning ability or scrutinize them on what they charge. Thats not our place. I'm sure I couldn't come behind you and do a better job of setting the A/F than what you can do, But can you honestly say that I couldn't pull more HP than you after your tune? They didn't stop making dyno's after yours and mine. There will always be somebody who knows more than you or me. Once again, I'm not trying to show you up but don't knock another shop for what they do or charge. Just be happy that your customers get what they pay for from you and you feel you did the best possible job for their money. I know I do.

Cheese and king, I'm sure your both excelent tuners. King, no reason to bash what you don't know. Cheese has an excelent rep on this board.

Prices vary on ALL products and services throughout the country.

Cheese and king, I'm sure your both excelent tuners.  King, no reason to bash what you don't know.  Cheese has an excelent rep on this board.

Prices vary on ALL products and services throughout the country.
By no means am I bashing. But who are we to dictate what another shop charges for their services. To say one shop is charging too much for something is just conceited. He feels he's good at what he does. Great. I'm all happy for him.

I have a question about the dyno results on any Hayabusa. First I keep hearing how they all dyno much lower than the stated HP in the specs from suzuki. For instance the stated horse is 198 at the rear wheel on the "08". Wouldn't this be fraud to be making claims like this only to find out later when dyno'd its much less? I find it very hard to believe Suzuki would make such a far fetched horsepower claim for many legal reasons.

I want to know how people are actually doing the dyno? Is this strapping the bike down.. cracking the throttle wide open and taking an average after multiple runs? How are people pressurizing the airbox?

The bike has intakes as we all know and part of the performance is the pressure that builds up at higher speeds... is this being taken into consideration or are all the dyno runs just a strapped in bike with no account for a pressurized air box?

Correct me if I am wrong but performance of a strapped in bike versus a 150 mile an hour head wind cramming air into the intakes would or should be quite different.. Otherwise the whole idea of the forced air into the intakes is worthless other than looks.

Not bashing just curious.

Well first the bike isn't rated at 198 rear wheel horsepower. The 194 number is at the fly wheel and depending what literature you read some say without ram-air. So theoretically it should be higher with the ram-air and why a lot of people say/claim over 200rwhp. NEVER have I seen any bike or car rated at rear wheel numbers. They may make more power than stated but they are still rated at the fly wheel...

The rest of your questions have been discussed from the beginning of time and it comes down to the same answer in the end. There are too many factors when discussing dyno numbers for them to be comparable. Every dyno is different and gives different results even when based on similar conditions so it's apples-vs-oranges. It is only a tool to aid in tuning, which you need to verify the results on the street or TRACK!
winkold.gif

Not sure why i put rear wheel.. I actually knew better than that but it was late when I posted, but I still read 198 at the crank not 194.. but that was not my point. And as far as it being posted on its very possible but I am not about to sift thru 1000's of posts. I think my question was relevant to the post regardless of past conversations.

Personally I think dyno testing is helpful but for sure not gospel. I get tired of people talking about it and really having no idea what they are doing.

Lately I have run into all kinds of people that feel the need to bash the busa.. comments such as "its to big and heavy.. why does anyone need all that horsepower?, it handles like a tank, its slower than a liter bike.. the ZX14 is much faster.. it dyno's less than 180hp.. blah blah." I sum that BS up with.. Ok so your jealous you don't have one and I have two.
laugh.gif

LordMax,

No problem, it's just people get so stingy and uptight about dyno readings that they need to step back and just take them for what they are worth...
beerchug.gif

Well first the bike isn't rated at 198 rear wheel horsepower.  The 194 number is at the fly wheel and depending what literature you read some say without ram-air.  So theoretically it should be higher with the ram-air and why a lot of people say/claim over 200rwhp.  NEVER have I seen any bike or car rated at rear wheel numbers.  They may make more power than stated but they are still rated at the fly wheel...

The rest of your questions have been discussed from the beginning of time and it comes down to the same answer in the end.  There are too many factors when discussing dyno numbers for them to be comparable.  Every dyno is different and gives different results even when based on similar conditions so it's apples-vs-oranges.  It is only a tool to aid in tuning, which you need to verify the results on the street or TRACK!
winkold.gif
You hit the nail on the head. People, stop caring about dyno numbers as if the regulate everything the bike is. No matter what the HP number is all you want to see is a improvement from the first run to the last run and a clean A/F and torque curve. Then take the bike out and ride it and see if it has improved to your ability to feel the difference. Thats all that matters in the end. A well tuned bike that makes 150 will always out perform a poorly tuned bike that shows 160.

Dyno sheets sell bikes, timeslips and lap times show real power. Don't get caught up in the internet/bike night horsepower bullshit. Some people need to compensate...

less for the old serial
NOT!!!
wtf.gif

rock.gif
???
Definitly not knocking you but my customers get what they pay for. Maybe I may know something you don't or maybe you have a better way or tuning than me. I could say that your not charging enough cause your not being very thorough. Even if your good, don't assume your the standard. I don't knock another shops tuning ability or scrutinize them on what they charge. Thats not our place. I'm sure I couldn't come behind you and do a better job of setting the A/F than what you can do, But can you honestly say that I couldn't pull more HP than you after your tune? They didn't stop making dyno's after yours and mine. There will always be somebody who knows more than you or me. Once again, I'm not trying to show you up but don't knock another shop for what they do or charge. Just be happy that your customers get what they pay for from you and you feel you did the best possible job for their money. I know I do.
Couldnt have been said better
clap.gif
clap.gif

clap.gif

Back