Dyno done today

Bobbyblaze

Registered
Just got mine dyno today, bike has R-77, PCIII, Pipercross street.
I had to get a custom map for it after i put on the full system and PCIII cuz it was running way to rich at 10%
The bike runs flawless now throttle response is perfect, but the Max HP was 176.8 that just seems real low as stock ones are making 180+

Does this seem correct to you guys? why would these numbers be so low?
Dyno was done on a 250i

Hey you're local to me.... Every dyno is diff so the one you used may have just been stubborn. If it runs smoother/better - that's the key. How many miles have you put on her so far?

I had to get a custom map for it after i put on the full system and PCIII cuz it was running way to rich at 10%
The bike runs flawless now throttle response is perfect, but the Max HP was 176.8 that just seems real low as stock ones are making 180+

Dyno was done on a 250i
180+ for a stocker? Internet horsepower is always higher than real world, and internet insurance, and drag strip times are always lower than yours. lol

wee

yea internet hp is def higher than reality.. mine dynod at 172 std stock.
hopefully i will be able to get a pipe this yea ... will use the same dyno to see the diff.

as long as it runs smooth ... so what on hp

Don't necessarily worry about the numbers it puts down; As long as the bike tune is solid and feels good your true power will be determined by track times/speed. Alot of dynos can be way off and readings will be higher/lower than you really have.

Dyno was done on a 250i
also is that sae,std, or uncorrected? do u have a chart?

How much did you pay for the dyno tune
rock.gif

I paid 300 for the dyno.. I forgot to get a print out of the results, If i remember correctly the HP was 176.8 and 104 foot pounds. I got about 2000 miles on it now.. as far as sae, std i have no idea what that means, im just getting into this, this is my first dyno tuned bike. Everything ive learned so far has been from this very helpful site.. I am perfectly happy with my bike, love how it runs, I guess i been seeing a lot of high numbers on the internet and if 176 is normal thats great. just wanted to make sure

I threw mine on the 250I 2 weekends ago just to see how the O2 sensor worked with the R77 Full system.

Mine ran 171.8hp and 100.87 torque.  only mods on the bike are 6-7in stretch, lowering links to keep it about stock height and R77 stainless full system.  I'm looking into a pipercross or BMC filter and a PCIII or Bazzaz box.  Just need to see which is going to be easier to get tuned.

There were several comments that the dyno was reading way low. Since mine was not done before I have nothing to compare it to.

DYNO.JPG

I paid 300 for the dyno.. I forgot to get a print out of the results, If i remember correctly the HP was 176.8 and 104 foot pounds. I got about 2000 miles on it now.. as far as sae, std i have no idea what that means, im just getting into this, this is my first dyno tuned bike. Everything ive learned so far has been from this very helpful site.. I am perfectly happy with my bike, love how it runs, I guess i been seeing a lot of high numbers on the internet and if 176 is normal thats great. just wanted to make sure
THANK YOU for relying to my question
thumb_up.gif
........just so im clear, your bike is an 08...right? 176hp seems pretty
muscle.gif
to me. and as for all this stuff is new to you, it seems like your doing a GREAT JOB so far. way to go man
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Here is mine @ 740 miles...stock Suz oil...42psi tire 89.65F with 33% humidty at Schnitz racing. It has full Ti-force system "TI" w/ 380 can, stock everything in terms of filter etc. It was the first time the bike seen about 7,000rpm. Ryan does not use any air induction common on "internet" charts...this was in the heat of the day in his shop strapped down and ran. I am running the Bazzaz box to compensate for the pipe.

Mike

Busa_Dyno.jpg

Man, dyno numbers are for the birds. Dyno can vary as much as 15 hp. I wouldnt exclude 20. I took my bike to one place and put out 164 and at another 3 weeks later with the same tune level i put out 148. DONT BELIEVE THE NUMBERS! Its a approximate figure for tuning puropses!!!

Back