Low dyno tune result :-(

SCBQQSTN

Registered
So I have a K9 with a full yoshi R77 and PC5.

I put in the base map when I first got the PC5 installed.

Well finally I got a dyno tune done.

Baseline it made 172 Hp...

After the dyno it made.........

Wait for it.....

177 HP

A massive 5 hp increase.....

Is their something wrong with my bike? Or is this expected for the mods that I have?

Or maybe the base map was actually pretty darn good before the dyno..

This was done on a dynojet.

On a bright side, it does pull smoother throughout the entire rpm band

Maybe it was your tuner more than your bike.. Most people on here will tell you to ditch the PowerCommander, and actually tune your ECU (ecu editor) supposedly a much better tune...

dyno's are a TOOL for tuning the bike. so many other factors play into the hp readings a dyno gives.

if your happy with the way the bike performs, move on and forget about the numbers. all they are is bragging rights anyway.

I think his point was that he only made 5 hp with a custom tune and full exhaust. Nothing to do with how high or low his number was...

i understand his point. my point is they're just that.... numbers.

what was the correction factor used?
how long is the bike?
type and condition of chain?
condition of wheel bearings?
etc...

weather conditions on that day?

i understand his point. my point is they're just that.... numbers.

what was the correction factor used?
how long is the bike?
type and condition of chain?
condition of wheel bearings?
etc...

weather conditions on that day?

Does any of that matter at all? He has a baseline run, and a modded run. If done on the same day withing a few minutes of each other it doesn't matter at all... Does it?

Does any of that matter at all? He has a baseline run, and a modded run. If done on the same day withing a few minutes of each other it doesn't matter at all... Does it?

I'm picking up what you're putting down. Regardless of the actual numbers posted and mods done to the bike, they're still relative to only picking up 5whp after a dyno-tune.

Every bike is different so in theory, the canned PC5 tune may have been really close. I doubt it was close enough to only pick up 5whp, but it's possible I guess.

To the OP, can you post the printed dyno sheet with the AFR's?

I think his point was that he only made 5 hp with a custom tune and full exhaust. Nothing to do with how high or low his number was...

I understand that the baseline was WITH the Yosh exhaust. The tune got him 5hp which isn't real far out of line from a good canned tune.

Now if he has a stock dyno before the pipe showing 165whp then I don't think he's far off...

I guess that the canned tune must have been practically spot on. Oh well, at least the dyno tune was not too expensive. All I'm wondering is if these numbers are normal for the mods I have.

I plan to turbo the bike anyways lol

Mine only made a small increase until the air filter was swapped out with a BMC, that made a big diff - yoshi pipe too if it matters.

Those #'s sound right, if you look around most get that doing the airbox mod also.. the 190 hp posts always seem to be tweeked dyno #'s as the track et's with good riders get the same times with those mods. I still want that supercharger kit on mine.. what a gas huh ;)

We had a member recently who had a 2.3 HP increase with the Cheese Man tune. Obviously an honest tuner. You obviouly had an honest tuner as well. Tuners who claim 15-20 HP from a dyno tune with exhaust, air filter and PC?

Let's just say, I don't take the bait ???

Similar to what mine put down. My AFR's were spot on!! Smooth curve and very responsive. I do need to go back after i put on Brock's Short Meg full exhaust. I had the Race K&N filter with a full Yoshi TRC. My number on my sig are what i got that day. All dyno's are different and altitude and weather conditions all play a part.

Hang on.. so a tune up alone made you 5bhp more?

What was the bike making before you put the exhaust on... that the actual gain... the exhaust would make a fair amount of difference from standard?

J

There just dyno number that all every dyno and bike is different. Only thing you need to be focus on is the airfuel ratio.. My dyno numbers below with dl map its now probably in the 178hp range due to being 12 over. Everyone was saying my numbers where low..
matt08-1.jpg

I have pretty much the same set up yosh 4 into1, Bmc race, and pc3 and before tune was 171 after tune was 176 and a different day, different dyno it pulled 179. That last day we ran 3 different busas right in a row and I think they went 175ish , 177 , and 179. But the big difference was the way the bike woke up, I was very happy. It was one fun 3 hour ride home.

Back