Before mods dyno run on my 2012 Busa

Dozerdriver

Registered
My last Busa I didn't get a base run on the dyno to see what it was stock. Bob's BMW in MD was having a open house yesterday and had a dyno guy come there ( the dyno was new ). My bike has 700 miles on it and pulled a 169.42 SAE ... it is completely stock. A lot of people were wondering why this dyno was reading low. I was trying to explain that most dyno guys use the STD numbers. My buddy brought his 2012 ZX14r ( 4,300 miles on it ) with a full M4 exhaust and PC5 with a base map and pulled a 185 SAE. There was a S1000 rr completely stock pulled a 176 SAE and two other S1000rr with mods and PCs that only pulled a 177 SAE. I went home and got my 2006 gsxr 1K with a sllip on M4 and pc3 with a base map and pulled a 151 SAE. The 05 ZX10 with a pipe and PC pulled a 146 SAE...06 gsxr 1K like mine with a full TiForce and custom map pulled a 156...My buddy with a 05 R1 mostly stock pulled a 144 SAE...07 gsxr 1k exhaust and pc3 pulled a 155... some of my friends didn't like the lower numbers but they look pretty close to me. I plan to go to the same dyno after I put my mods on and see what gains I get. Do you guys think these numbers look good to you ??? My buddy Jeremy who races for Bobs was the highest of the day with a 189 SAE... S1000rr with a race motor and race fuel... the 2012 ZX14 was second place with his 185 SAE... but his is a daily driver.

My bike on the dyno...
IMG_20130427_094831_458_zpsc02e797d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
numbers look about right, Gsxr 1000 always 155-158 between years 05-08, Early model zx14 167-171, 08 up busa 171-176 from what i've seen on street bikes no race fuel.

Dave I did a 171-173 (can't remember) but even so I think it's still a good number.

I'm no Dyno expert but what is a "good" dyno? What is a "low reading" dyno? What are they compared to? Do they get recalibrated after a certain amount of time or are they self-calibrating?

Even with a 1% correction factor that would still put you within what I would assume an acceptable range/number...me thinks.

:laugh: Mine has never been on a dyno, but my seat of the pants dyno says it's got enough considering some azz put 300 pounds on her back :whistle:

Good evening all,

I was actually at Bob's yesterday but showed up a little late (around 3:15). I have a silver 2001 ZX-12R and I actually dynoed in at 186.00 on my second run. I was trying to get a run down on some results because I was wondering what bike had the highest reading. Thanks for posting.

Ron

Here you go; hopefully you can see the stuff in red. Yes, I have done engine work on my bike, 1270 Kit, full exhaust, Power Commander and some head work. It is actually a daily driver and is very reliable.

Bob's Dyno Day April 2013 001 (2).jpg

Here you go; hopefully you can see the stuff in red. Yes, I have done engine work on my bike, 1270 Kit, full exhaust, Power Commander and some head work. It is actually a daily driver and is very reliable.

Impressive.... old school kicking but. You did your run after the S1000 with the Brocks pipe that did the 177. So you ended up with second place...nice.

Hey guys newbie here. Always checking out the forum and used to have a busa but now I have the new 14r. Just had to post because something wasn't right here and I figured it out. I also have a tougher dyno by my house, actually not tough just not inflated as some dynos. When the op posted he pulled 169 on a bone stock busa and his friend had a FULL EXHSUST 14r and only pulled 185 (16 hp more) than a stock busa I thought something is wrong. There is way more power than 16hp on a zx14r full exhaust against a bone stock busa. Now my bone stock 14r pulled 186hp on my dyno and after I got a full exhaust brocks the following week I pulled 201hp. So I saw that your friend has an m4 exhaust and thats the problem here guys. Go to their website and they do not have a full system but only a slipon system. And furthermore they even have a chart up next to it showing it only gsins 2hp. Now that makes sense to me. Even a worked zx12 isnt pulling more power vs a truly full exhaust 14r. Believe me I have seen it. So on that dyno you were at if a true full exhaust 14r was there it would have pulled right around 200hp or so like mine did. So had to say something on this one. Hell on some of the toughest dynos in the states on bone stock 14r is still pulling low 180's. So yes with just a slipon 185 is about right. But open it up with a full exhaust and there is your 200 or so.

Hey guys newbie here. Always checking out the forum and used to have a busa but now I have the new 14r. Just had to post because something wasn't right here and I figured it out. I also have a tougher dyno by my house, actually not tough just not inflated as some dynos. When the op posted he pulled 169 on a bone stock busa and his friend had a FULL EXHSUST 14r and only pulled 185 (16 hp more) than a stock busa I thought something is wrong. There is way more power than 16hp on a zx14r full exhaust against a bone stock busa. Now my bone stock 14r pulled 186hp on my dyno and after I got a full exhaust brocks the following week I pulled 201hp. So I saw that your friend has an m4 exhaust and thats the problem here guys. Go to their website and they do not have a full system but only a slipon system. And furthermore they even have a chart up next to it showing it only gsins 2hp. Now that makes sense to me. Even a worked zx12 isnt pulling more power vs a truly full exhaust 14r. Believe me I have seen it. So on that dyno you were at if a true full exhaust 14r was there it would have pulled right around 200hp or so like mine did. So had to say something on this one. Hell on some of the toughest dynos in the states on bone stock 14r is still pulling low 180's. So yes with just a slipon 185 is about right. But open it up with a full exhaust and there is your 200 or so.

:welcome: to the org.

M4 is now offering a full system for the 14R. Here it is.

Oh ok. But he must have a slipon or something is really wrong there. I had a busa and no way a bone stock busa is only 16hp down on a full exhaust 14r. When my 14r was dead stock and I pulled a 186hp, there was a 2009 busa with a brocks alienhead and brocks map and he pulled 185hp 2 bikes after me. We became friends and ride together now and then and he went back to the dyno that following Saturday after I put on my brocks exhaust and pulled 201hp. So again something doesn't really add up here.

I have no idea why the zx14 didn't do better....it has a full M4 exhaust and a base map on the PC5....it was installed and set up at Ellicot City Motorsports... why did the S1000rr with Brock's full exhaust PC and race filter only pull a 177?

My last Busa I didn't get a base run on the dyno to see what it was stock. Bob's BMW in MD was having a open house yesterday and had a dyno guy come there ( the dyno was new ). My bike has 700 miles on it and pulled a 169.42 SAE ... it is completely stock. A lot of people were wondering why this dyno was reading low. I was trying to explain that most dyno guys use the STD numbers. My buddy brought his 2012 ZX14r ( 4,300 miles on it ) with a full M4 exhaust and PC5 with a base map and pulled a 185 SAE. There was a S1000 rr completely stock pulled a 176 SAE and two other S1000rr with mods and PCs that only pulled a 177 SAE. I went home and got my 2006 gsxr 1K with a sllip on M4 and pc3 with a base map and pulled a 151 SAE. The 05 ZX10 with a pipe and PC pulled a 146 SAE...06 gsxr 1K like mine with a full TiForce and custom map pulled a 156...My buddy with a 05 R1 mostly stock pulled a 144 SAE...07 gsxr 1k exhaust and pc3 pulled a 155... some of my friends didn't like the lower numbers but they look pretty close to me. I plan to go to the same dyno after I put my mods on and see what gains I get. Do you guys think these numbers look good to you ??? My buddy Jeremy who races for Bobs was the highest of the day with a 189 SAE... S1000rr with a race motor and race fuel... the 2012 ZX14 was second place with his 185 SAE... but his is a daily driver.

I'm going to be the guy that says, really.....your numbers aren't that far off. I'd say they are pretty accurate for all bikes considering the conditions and true PUMP gas.

Mine only dynoed 175.9hp/105.6 SAE on Johnny's dyno and they are BOTH inline with what they should dyno. I've seen same mileage bikes stock/modded dyno 5-10whp difference. Some are Wednesday bikes and some are Friday bikes.. :laugh:

Don't get caught up in the numbers, what's it run at the track?

The most important part of the entire thing is that you got a BASE line BEFORE you started modding and can return to THAT EXACT dyno once you make changes to see the TRUE gains and not be guessing. Once you start changing dynos and mods and don't do apples-to-apples the results are really a wash. Keep all aspects the same, check tire psi, chain, oil level, etc..etc.. so next time you can keep variables down. ;)

Another dyno guy.... :rofl:

It was a full system ZX14R, the numbers are just that numbers. They mean nothing other than comparing same day testing like Dover is doing.

All that matters is the gains once you start making changes and comparing them to track times/MPH. It's dyno is just a tool for tuning/testing and nothing more. It doesn't even mean that the highest HP bike is the fastest.... :poke:

I hope to be done my mods soon ...just put my exhaust on. I do plan on going to the same dyno to see what gains I made.

Back