speedohealer and TRE on GEN2 busa?

this just fyi IF you didnt already know. the speedohealer will still have to be callibrated using your gps

LUCKY YOU WITH THE GEN2
ThumbsUp.gif
Hmm.. not really.. I just closed a GB out on them and think only 1 or 2 used a GPS to calibrate them. Their website has instructions for anyone curious. Working with GPS' everyday, unless your running SAASM you may not be reading a true reading anyway!

The modified GPS (gear position sensors) are the way to go with the 08'. You keep your digital gear indicator and dump the 186mph limiter at the same time. I'm sure 6th gear would show 5th, but that is better than 1-6 showing 5th!

TRUE

back to our question HAS SOMEONE GPS'ed A GEN2 BUSA SO WE CAN SEE HOW FAST IT REALLY GOES AND HOW FAR OFF THE SPEEDO IS??,MY GUESS IS THE SPEEDO SHOWS 300KM WHICH IS 280KM true gps...thats 186mph reading with a true 175 mph...can someone PLEASEEE confirm?

Is it posible to modify the stock GPS yourself?
I would imagine yes if you were very good with electronics, however its not just a cross the 5th over to the 6th wire and call it good. For the price of them too, no need to beat around them.. Smithbusa's in mine, affordable and friendly.

To bad that it can sometime's be a problem to get parts to/from Europa (Netherlands)
small parts are easy

ebay

so if i fit a TRE dont i still have to calibrate the speedo with a speedohealer only if i want true readings right?

no speedohealer and only the TRE will stop at 300km as the rpm's keep reading and piling on?

Anyone attached a bike trip computer the sigma sport bc800 can read up to 186mph

TRUE

back to our question HAS SOMEONE GPS'ed A GEN2 BUSA SO WE CAN SEE HOW FAST IT REALLY GOES AND HOW FAR OFF THE SPEEDO IS??,MY GUESS IS THE SPEEDO SHOWS 300KM WHICH IS 280KM true gps...thats 186mph reading with a true 175 mph...can someone PLEASEEE confirm?
I haven't topped mine out yet, as the weather has restricted my riding a lot. I have installed a speedo healer, and when I took it out to check it with the GPS I found the bike to be reading 65 and the GPS to be reading 61. According to the linearity test with the speedo healer the speedometer is within a couple of MPH throughout the scale. So my guess is that it is pretty close to 6.15% off throughout the scale. This puts the actual at about 175 at an indicated 186 when uncorrected.

well i end up doing a true gps reading on my GEN2 Busa since i maxed it out{ im on 1600km(1000 miles)} and the result was 278km when the speedo showed 300km(186)...so i guess its time for a TRE or a SPEEDOHEALER,best and cheapest place to buy anyone know a good ebay seller for a TRE??

my GEN1 did 301km TRUE GPS readings,on with a DNA air filter and twin cans...everything else was stock,so im hoping to see at least 310km TRUE GPS on my GEN2....i have to get rid of the speed limiter

does the GEN1 Smart TRE fit on the GEN2 busa??

as shown in photo? i know it will show 5,N,5,5,5,5,5 with the G,P,S

image345.jpg

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE GEN1 TRE FITS ON THE GEN2 BUSA...sorry for asking the same thing but i might be racing a ZX14 tomorrow that has 4 in 1 muzzy and pc3 with various other mods,my busa is stock..i have a tre from the GEN1 busa will it fit and work?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE GEN1 TRE FITS ON THE GEN2 BUSA...sorry for asking the same thing but i might be racing a ZX14 tomorrow that has 4 in 1 muzzy and pc3 with various other mods,my busa is stock..i have a tre from the GEN1 busa will it fit and work?
YES.....it will work for a temporary removal of the top speed limiter. However, you may get a FI light error, the GPS display won't work, and I think the neutral light or something else won't work. If you are trying to go past 186mph(300kph) to test, it will do it but I wouldn't ride with it other than that sole purpose.

I still don't know if it changes mapping/timing, etc. on the 08+ bike...

Not sure on the false reading on the indicator, I would think it would since its relative to the position the ECU reads for its mapping, which is altered.  However, a ATRE will not put the bike into 5th gear map all the time, only when in 6th.  

Speedohealer will correct the speedometer and it should reveal a true 186 when laying on the limiter.
Not true, the smart TRE is 5th all the time except neutral.

See video showing an ATRE on an 08 busa, 0 displays for neutral, as soon as it drops into 1st gear it shows 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know if there is a TRE on a switch?

dunno.gif

For example, with the switch off, the TRE would be bypassed and the gear indicator would read normally, then say your in 6th gear and wanna top the bike out, you flip the switch?

The boostbysmith part is very nice.

I'm in a different boat in that I don't care much about the top speed, but I would like the improved response in lower gears. That would be the TRE. But I hate to loose the indicater
Then a Gipro is what you need  
winkold.gif
It'll do all you ask PLUS remove the top speed limiter  
ThumbsUp.gif

Same for you 44 Magna, Gipro's what you want. Push of a button tre's on/off
winkold.gif
Plus it comes with its own cool looking gear indicator
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

eventually the old tre doesnt work properly on a 08 busa,the new tre is identical, looks the same on the outside but different on the inside (confirmed from the guy who makes em via email)

it would be nice if you could do the gps or tre with just a switch to turn in on so your bike would acurately show the gears except on the top speed runs

Back