Tachyon switchable TRE problem.... HELP

makes the ecu think its in 5th gear all the time, so you aren't limited to 186 mph and some guys say it makes the lower gears feel better, some dont like them at all.

On the 08's there are 2 ways to go faster than 186, with the TRE (makes the stock gear indicator read 5 when installed) and the gps mod that I do which makes it read correctly up to 5th gear, never shows 6th gear, the ECU sees the same, never sees 6th gear and doesn't bring the limiter in early to govern the bike.
Ah, thanks. Yeah, 186mph is just to damned slow.
laugh.gif

Follow the gps sensor wiring coming out of the clutch cover grommet, haven't seen an 08 in person but can't imagine they moved its location, it goes to the left side of the bike (kickstand side).  

If you decide you dont like a TRE on there i can do a 1N23455 gps mod for you, have some sensors in stock.

Greg
Smithbusa

Why not just share your mod with the forum rather then profiting? This forum has given back so much.

You notice I didn't charge John74 for diagnosing his incorrect plug selection.

I will work on the different types of TRE's that can be done by the end user for pennies right at the ECM and I will be sure to post them at no charge.

If you do a search, the mod has been discussed a million times, it's nothing new. However, Smith offers it as a plug and play setup via the GPS mod....
winkold.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
High-Gain Busa @ Apr. 10 2008 said:
1370223[/ATTACH] PM]
Follow the gps sensor wiring coming out of the clutch cover grommet, haven't seen an 08 in person but can't imagine they moved its location, it goes to the left side of the bike (kickstand side).  

If you decide you dont like a TRE on there i can do a 1N23455 gps mod for you, have some sensors in stock.

Greg
Smithbusa

Why not just share your mod with the forum rather then profiting? This forum has given back so much.

You notice I didn't charge John74 for diagnosing his incorrect plug selection.

I will work on the different types of TRE's that can be done by the end user for pennies right at the ECM and I will be sure to post them at no charge.
I have helped out a ton of people on many boards with different things, this is one of the things that I do to make money with my after hours business.  Its not rocket science, anyone who can take apart a gps sensor could probably figure it out.  For the little bit i charge and quick turn around the last thing I feel is that i am trying to get rich of these and pull something over on someone. I have tried to help people through these over the phone and with pics etc in the past to help them out, most of them messed up the sensor and asked that I fix it for them, and I did so at no charge.

If that response isn't okay not sure what to say, i pay a monthly fee to be a supporter here and have to make that money up some how.  I dont think there is anything I sell that i make margins anywhere near what a lot of companies do on motorcycle stuff etc.

Thanks,

Greg

zzwhip.gif

And if you notice I was on here as well trying to help him figure out the issue without asking for money, it was just an offer for anyone looking for de-restriction with a TRE type device to know its available.

Back