TRE for 08 busa

topgun61

Registered
Does anyone use or know about the gilpro digital gear indicator with advanced timing retard eliminator that pishnit offers.Or would you recommend the switchable tre from Tachyon motorsports, instead of pulling your whole clutch out to do the GPS mod. The switchable sounds nice because if you don;t want to use it you can turn it off and you can still have your gear indicator back, what is your idea on this matter.

i was in between both of these and i end up going for the Tachyon TRE its great,my theory the 08 busa already has a built in gear indicator so why add extra things to show your correct gear when you can simply turn it on and off,in the city i turn it off,and when im hitting the rev limiter i turn it on!Works like a charm,i have the switch on the left hand side of the bike easy access
thumb_up.gif
great product

I took the factory schematic last night and edited it for easier viewing showing what the different types of TRE's do.

The first schematic is with no TRE installed. All inputs from the GP indicator are registered by the ECM on pin 23 of the black connector.

The second is with a non-switchable TRE installed that will always indicate 5th gear when installed.

The third is with a switchable TRE installed that will register 5th gear anytime the switch is on.

Pics to follow

sch2.jpg

I like the GP indicator mod that is being done as it does not affect the gear position indicator from 1st through 5th but it is not a TRE rather an RPM de-limiter.

Timing retard is only in affect below 4000 RPM in the first 4 gears and when you're on the gas, when does the RPM fall below 4000?

That's a lot of money for a 6800 ohm resistor unless you shift up before 4000 RPM in every gear
dunno.gif

uumm im confused,your the TRE master for me as you were the one who guided me 2 days ago when i was stuck with the installation
so are there differences between the Gipro TRE and Tachyon TRE in the end when it comes to high speed runs?both do the same job right?

Not a TRE Master.... Just don't have a problem reading wiring diagrams.... I have written enough of them in my day.

The TRE is designed to hold the voltage around 4.4v on pin 23. That will keep the ECM in thinking it is in 5th gear which eliminates the rev limiter. Last night I jumpered pin 23 and 34 with an equivalent resistance of 6800 ohms at the ECM, very easy and quick to do for less than 50 cents.

The Gipro TRE adds a gear indicator because what they do to fake out the ECM will leave your indicator stuck on number 5.

If you want to eliminate the rev limiter, mod the GP switch. Better yet, let's reflash the stock ECM.
I see no need to have the timing retard eliminated below 4000 RPM....

i understand what your saying but the TRE will still pull after 11000rpm's right?(rev limiter)

Back