Tachyon switchable TRE problem.... HELP

john74

Registered
hi i recently bought one of these switchable TRE's for my 08 busa from Tachyon motorsports and heres my problem when the tre is switched on it always shows like my bike has no petrol with the guage on E(empty) and the indicator lights up (im filled up so its not empty)
when i switch it off it runs normal
Doesnt the TRE show 5th all the time supposingly when its switched on??

Does the petrol light indicate that the TRE is active or is this a faulty TRE??

so does that mean the TRE has a problem will it screw up my ECU???
please advise i have it connected now but turned off
what shall i do??
are u talking about the tre's fuel sending unit?
the factory one works fine when TRE is not functional
The plug in under the tank right? Like it was on the previous busas?

I would lift your tank and take a good look at the sending unit wires. The 3 wires the TRE uses have no correlation to the sending unit, reference, ground and return.

Does your indicator show 5th when the switch is turned on?

Well, according to their web site, it's not working then because they recommend a switchable if the 5 always being on the gear indicator bothers you.

Are you sure you interfaced into the gear indicator switch wiring? Doesn't sound like it.... Sounds like you plugged into the sending unit harness connector.

the white plug under the tank on the left is that correctt?? I dont see any other plug,can someone tell me where it is...i dont want to screw up my busa

Follow the harness... bet it goes to your tank. I'm sure it's not hurting anything but grounding out the sending unit return wire. Does the tank gauge drop to empty as soon as you throw the switch and back when you turn off.

i have to kill the engine turn it on and then it switches
if i switch while the bike is on nothing happens it remains on fuel empty
so is there another white plug under the tank because i cant see it or did i plug incorrect?
i have installed a tre on my previous busa isnt it the same procedure?

What are the wire colors in and out of the connector you plugged into? I just looked at the manual... The tank sensor is also a 3 wire connector of the same shape  
banghead.gif

If 2 of them are Black with a white tracer and Black with a light green tracer, those are sending unit wires

so where is the TRE supposed to plug in then i cant find a similar unit under the tank??
does anyone know??

I must of plugged it into the wrong unit
well its 3am here im going to look for the gear unit first thing tomorrow, if someone knows where it is then please let me know

Id like to thank high gain busa for ALL the help
hopefully someone can find the gear unit so i can plug in the TRE

Look for the 3 wire connector with the following wire colors... It's also suppose to be under the tank

Black in, Black with white tracer out
Red in, Pink out
Blue in, service manual doesn't state what color out

ok i found 2 more connectors on the right side of the tank
i see one with pink wires is that where the TRE connects to??

Follow the gps sensor wiring coming out of the clutch cover grommet, haven't seen an 08 in person but can't imagine they moved its location, it goes to the left side of the bike (kickstand side).

If you decide you dont like a TRE on there i can do a 1N23455 gps mod for you, have some sensors in stock.

Greg

ok i found 2 more connectors on the right side of the tank
i see one with pink wires is that where the TRE connects to??
That's it, the one on the right side....
winkold.gif

Also I would check out your bike on a dyno with the TRE first. I have heard from a couple people that the TRE doesn't work the same on the 08 bike. Some people were getting some interesting results with lose in power...
sad.gif

makes the ecu think its in 5th gear all the time, so you aren't limited to 186 mph and some guys say it makes the lower gears feel better, some dont like them at all.

On the 08's there are 2 ways to go faster than 186, with the TRE (makes the stock gear indicator read 5 when installed) and the gps mod that I do which makes it read correctly up to 5th gear, never shows 6th gear, the ECU sees the same, never sees 6th gear and doesn't bring the limiter in early to govern the bike.

found it

Its the pink/blue and black colored wires located on the left way under the tank

Thanks 4 the info everyone

Switchable TRE works great i have the option to turn it on and off so the G.P.S works fine when switched off

Back