T.R.E

topgun61

Registered
Received my tachyon switchable TRE last week and the plastic end was broken,hooked it up and it worked, when you turn it on it indicated 5th gear and when it was off the gear indicator worked properly. Sent that one back and I received my new one today,hooked it up and when the unit was turned on it was indicating 6th gear W.T.F, left a voice mail with rick at tachyon to find out what the problem is, so just waiting now, anyone know what might be wrong, maybe the wires are crossed. I would have to say that if it were in any other gear but 6th, something is definitly wrong, any suggestions..

The TRE is supposed to show 5th gear when using.Unless you buy a TRE that comes with a new GPS it will indicate 5th. The reason is that its tricking your PCM into thinking its 5Th gear all the time. As far as it displaying 6th gear im not so sure about that because the TRE is supposed to allow 6th gear to wind farther than stock. if it is indicating 6th gear I dont know how that will work. I am using Ivans smart TRE.

I know the orginal one I had before I sent it back indicated 5th gear but when I hooked this one up it indicated 6th gear, so something is wrong with the tre, but what, I am waiting for rick from tachyon to get back to me.

The tre's are made fit a variety of applications. The 5th gear map is designed for the busa, there are other maps that fit other bikes. I dont have my instruction manual in front of me, but I think the 6th gear map is for a different brand, such as yamaha, or something like that. I am only speaking from experience with the Gipro/tre. Can you change maps with the one you have?

Back