switchable TRE diagram?

Odyssey

Registered
I am aware of how the TRE works with just a simple resistor, but im a very curious about how the switchable tre work (like those from blueguages.com) I have an idea in my head about how it works but im unsure how the actual one works. im just guessing tho. If anyone could draw a picture it would be much help. All i have in front of me is the wiring diagram, and im trying to figure out how to make a switch for it.

found the info online on how to do it, very helpful
biggrin.gif

http://www.onedownfiveup.com/tre_mod.htm

You probably know now that the tre fools the computer into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time..Most ignition advance and fuel delivery.. plus removes the speedlimiter in 6th gear..cause it thinks it's in 5th..noticeable difference???
yea..it does easier roll off roll on snap up wheelies..but others have proven that without the tre on they get better et's at the drag strip....it's cheap enough mod to do..worth doing i think..and if it's switched..on or off is easy....have heard that the 02 model doesn't respond to this mod..Check with Ivans.com..and see what they say..
oh.gif

I drew this up tonight, I think this is how im going to do my TRE on an 02, I heard somewhere that the 4th gear is not restricted (anyone know if this is true), so once i have it hooked up on one, i will try it and see what happens

I have a feeling im gonna be asked "WTF are all those switches for" when i add these, there will be a total of 6 hehe
biggrin.gif

multi_resistor_TRE.JPG

Back