Derestricting

Greg,

Installed my GPS tonight....THANK YOU....will put it through it's paces tomorrow. BTW, talked to Johnny, and he gave me the straight on the fact that 5th and 6th share the map. No further mods necessary. Unless, of course, I find a spare 05' ECU...THEN, I'm going for the extended RPM fix.

They've also, finally, hacked the process by which we can remap our own ecu's. No more PC, no more anything. Just a guy who mods your current ECU, and sends you the software by which to install new maps. A couple guys over on bikeland.com have hacked both the Kawi, and Zuke ECU's !!! Just awesome work.....
Spudley,

Can you post the info on this....??

I heard they had done it with the ZX12 but nothing on the BUSA. I'd appreciate any info you could give me.
cool.gif

How do they do it with a GiPro? Don't they have to split the signal somehow do get their indicator to read 1 thru 6 gear when the mapping is 1,N,2,3,4,5,5?
Guys...just buy a Gipro and be done with it. Why re-engineer whats already been done. Its not worth the hassle to try and retain the stock gear indicator, when the Gipro gives you a gear selectable tre AND a bigger, brighter, better gear indicator for 160 bucks.
winkold.gif

You may as well get the cheapest thing and be done with it because the gear indicator will not be 100%. So why go for the expensive stuff. There are products that can remove the restrictor from cars and trucks and do all kinds of other sh$t while not screwing with any thing else. Just wait for one of them to come out and then spend the heavy cash on that.

Back